Author Topic: Cant believe we are back home!  (Read 33213 times)

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Cant believe we are back home!
« on: June 22, 2009, 01:25:27 AM »
Absolutely fab time was had by myself and cockney in hull (steve, my other half) in San Stef. George was a little darling at the barras and Nickos was so funny when he was sober and when he was hungover.. bless him.
Best meals out for us had to be:-
1. Beachcomber Bistro for the fresh muscles and the surroundings..get a table at the front to watch the sunset...awesome!
2. Ozzie Oils bbq on the tuesday night with Kerry doing her crooning on the mike. Get your table booked at the juice bar as you go on to the beach.
3. Mythica....fabulous meal
4. Little Prince for the Sizzling Steak.....dont wear a white shirt or top if thats what you order!!!!
The only meal we were a little dissappointed with was the 2 star restaurant and only because we had been spoilt everywhere else with the fresh veg and rosemary roast spuds, they dished up frozen veg with the meal,but this is just down to personal taste.Yiannis snackbar was always busy opposite Athens bar and his take-away was superb. he said he prefered it to when he was in the restaraunt.
Mamma mias was always so empty I actually felt sorry for the workers every time we went by, hopefully it will pick up for them as the season goes on.

the bars were more empty than what we are used to, but our main stop off was Athens bar with nicko at the helm. always full and the rock band they had on last tuesday were amazing! They are called the Carnival and are also on this tuesday so if you are lucky enough to be there this week, they are not to be missed. The condor wasnt really our cup of tea...ok if you are into cheesy tribute acts and karaoke..we went in a few times for 1 drink but the d.j wasnt the best and I think if they had got someone in who really knew how to get the bar going, it would have been a better night! Last stop for us was the new bar called "Bar Code" still very quiet but had a d.j and got busy as it got later with all the waiters going in for a nightcap. I discovered the strawberry mojitos on my last night..to die for in taste and unfortunately price! They cost 6 euros but are sooo gorgeous!The main man in there is another George,very friendly.

With being right opposite the bakery..a chocolate croissant was the kick start for me every morning but I am now regretting it :( The diet starts tomorrow :o

the cash machine worked 3 times all the time we were there so next time we go I think we would do it the old fashioned way and take travellers cheques.

costas was there on the beach were he charged 7.50euros for a brolly and 2 beds.

We hired a quadbike for 3 days @ 65.00 euros from spiros next door to Athens bar. He also kindly let Steve borrow a moped for 10 minutes a couple of times to go to the cash point in Arillas.

we had a fab time in San Stef and are now looking to re-book so we will definately be returning even if its to check on the frogs!

Shelley

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Cant believe we are back home!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:43:48 AM »
Thanks for that Shelley. A great report on what you saw as first time visitors as well. The village has hooked you in as it does to so many visitors. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 04:57:52 AM »
Absolutely fab time was had by myself and cockney in hull (steve, my other half) in San Stef. George was a little darling at the barras and Nickos was so funny when he was sober and when he was hungover.. bless him.
Best meals out for us had to be:-
1. Beachcomber Bistro for the fresh muscles and the surroundings..get a table at the front to watch the sunset...awesome!
2. Ozzie Oils bbq on the tuesday night with Kerry doing her crooning on the mike. Get your table booked at the juice bar as you go on to the beach.
3. Mythica....fabulous meal
4. Little Prince for the Sizzling Steak.....dont wear a white shirt or top if thats what you order!!!!
The only meal we were a little dissappointed with was the 2 star restaurant and only because we had been spoilt everywhere else with the fresh veg and rosemary roast spuds, they dished up frozen veg with the meal,but this is just down to personal taste.Yiannis snackbar was always busy opposite Athens bar and his take-away was superb. he said he prefered it to when he was in the restaraunt.
Mamma mias was always so empty I actually felt sorry for the workers every time we went by, hopefully it will pick up for them as the season goes on.

the bars were more empty than what we are used to, but our main stop off was Athens bar with nicko at the helm. always full and the rock band they had on last tuesday were amazing! They are called the Carnival and are also on this tuesday so if you are lucky enough to be there this week, they are not to be missed. The condor wasnt really our cup of tea...ok if you are into cheesy tribute acts and karaoke..we went in a few times for 1 drink but the d.j wasnt the best and I think if they had got someone in who really knew how to get the bar going, it would have been a better night! Last stop for us was the new bar called "Bar Code" still very quiet but had a d.j and got busy as it got later with all the waiters going in for a nightcap. I discovered the strawberry mojitos on my last night..to die for in taste and unfortunately price! They cost 6 euros but are sooo gorgeous!The main man in there is another George,very friendly.

With being right opposite the bakery..a chocolate croissant was the kick start for me every morning but I am now regretting it :( The diet starts tomorrow :o

the cash machine worked 3 times all the time we were there so next time we go I think we would do it the old fashioned way and take travellers cheques.

costas was there on the beach were he charged 7.50euros for a brolly and 2 beds.

We hired a quadbike for 3 days @ 65.00 euros from spiros next door to Athens bar. He also kindly let Steve borrow a moped for 10 minutes a couple of times to go to the cash point in Arillas.

we had a fab time in San Stef and are now looking to re-book so we will definately be returning even if its to check on the frogs!

Shelley
Well done - great report!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
The bug is definitely working well again - I wonder how many first timers this year will go again. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 09:45:38 AM »
All I can say is ROLL ON FRIDAY AND 3 WEEKS AT THE BARRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I wasn't looking forward to it before, I am now cheers Shellbell!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 09:47:44 AM »
All I can say is ROLL ON FRIDAY AND 3 WEEKS AT THE BARRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I wasn't looking forward to it before, I am now cheers Shellbell!
I can't believe you are now down to just 4 days. :)

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »

Don are you really sure you need to go back...cos after my first day back at work today, Im thinking depression has set in and i really can take your place if the need arises :'(
Im already wondering whos sleeping in my bed lol! Oh by the way if your in room 105 Don make sure the sink taps are well and truly turned off otherwise you will flood the bathroom as we found out... gulp!
Im soooo envious of everyone going in the next few weeks....its just not fair! Tony I meant to add in my report, after your recomendation of the english brekkie in condor we went to try it.....gorgeous! This was when we had overdosed on the chocolate coissants and needed something more substantial to soak up the previous nights liquids!  Don, can you say hello to George and nikos for me and Steve. Also i meant to add if anyone else is at the barras as from this week they are banning P20 suncreme as this has a reaction to there washing powder when they wash the sheets and towels. It looks like theres been a massacre in the bed as all the sheets are splattered with red as we found out to our cost when Steve was using it and someone else in the apartments. just letting you know before anyone buys it cos it isnt cheap! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Shell

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:40:16 PM »

Don are you really sure you need to go back...cos after my first day back at work today, Im thinking depression has set in and i really can take your place if the need arises :'(
Im already wondering whos sleeping in my bed lol! Oh by the way if your in room 105 Don make sure the sink taps are well and truly turned off otherwise you will flood the bathroom as we found out... gulp!
Im soooo envious of everyone going in the next few weeks....its just not fair! Tony I meant to add in my report, after your recomendation of the english brekkie in condor we went to try it.....gorgeous! This was when we had overdosed on the chocolate coissants and needed something more substantial to soak up the previous nights liquids!  Don, can you say hello to George and nikos for me and Steve. Also i meant to add if anyone else is at the barras as from this week they are banning P20 suncreme as this has a reaction to there washing powder when they wash the sheets and towels. It looks like theres been a massacre in the bed as all the sheets are splattered with red as we found out to our cost when Steve was using it and someone else in the apartments. just letting you know before anyone buys it cos it isnt cheap! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Shell
I hate to think what they are washing the sheets with then - LOL
our P20 stays!!

don

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »

Shell
our P20 stays!!
Oh God the old man's brain cell overloads again............ Tony - dear- You're staying at the Theodosia.... T-H-E-O-D-O-S-I-A not Barras dear.... NOT the B-A-R-R-A-S     LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »

Shell
our P20 stays!!
Oh God the old man's brain cell overloads again............ Tony - dear- You're staying at the Theodosia.... T-H-E-O-D-O-S-I-A not Barras dear.... NOT the B-A-R-R-A-S     LOL
Never said I was staying at the Barras - Don - Dear!! after all in the resort - the washing powder is usually generic,
and therefore at all the Laundrys/hotels/apts.!!  My P20 stays whatever!! even with red sheets!!

don

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:45:43 PM »

Shell
our P20 stays!!
Never said I was staying at the Barras - Don - Dear!! after all in the resort - the washing powder is usually generic,
and therefore at all the Laundrys/hotels/apts.!!  My P20 stays whatever!! even with red sheets!!
It's only barred at the BARRAS! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »

Shell
our P20 stays!!
Does it stain really badly then. If you are using it and then going out and about swimming/sunbathing does it not wear off after later on in the shower?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 03:52:59 AM »

Shell
our P20 stays!!
Does it stain really badly then. If you are using it and then going out and about swimming/sunbathing does it not wear off after later on in the shower?
Never had a problem! in the old days it would stain clothes Yellow if you dressed within an hour of application, (Don loved that!),
but now it bonds to the skin within 30 mins and should not stain if you follow directions!

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 11:11:08 AM »
I didnt buy it this year for myself because it was turning most of my whites a yellowish colour but steve carried on using it saying that its the new formula now with no stains. It wasnt that bad as previous but  Nikos came over to us and asked what suncreem we are using because in the odd room their sheets had turned a pinking colour and also the loo seat had gone pink in 1 apartment( not ours!). :-[
we brought out the P.20 to show him and he poured it on some sheets neat but then sprayed it with neat water. It went bright red. I said it must be a reaction from their soap powder as they wash the sheets at the back of the hotel in their wash house but george wasnt having any of it. He said it reacts with the water!
This is even when you have been in the shower and you have washed it off, but then one of the other reasons I dont use it is cos I think it still stays on your skin,and the smell of it smells as though your lathering yourself up in petrol for the day!!! Us ladies like to smell a bit sweeter than an oiltank and coconut smell gets me everytime! :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
I didnt buy it this year for myself because it was turning most of my whites a yellowish colour but steve carried on using it saying that its the new formula now with no stains. It wasnt that bad as previous but  Nikos came over to us and asked what suncreem we are using because in the odd room their sheets had turned a pinking colour and also the loo seat had gone pink in 1 apartment( not ours!). :-[
we brought out the P.20 to show him and he poured it on some sheets neat but then sprayed it with neat water. It went bright red. I said it must be a reaction from their soap powder as they wash the sheets at the back of the hotel in their wash house but george wasnt having any of it. He said it reacts with the water!
This is even when you have been in the shower and you have washed it off, but then one of the other reasons I dont use it is cos I think it still stays on your skin,and the smell of it smells as though your lathering yourself up in petrol for the day!!! Us ladies like to smell a bit sweeter than an oiltank and coconut smell gets me everytime! :)
That is just so strange -
I just tried it by putting on a cotton handkerchief, then left it a few minutes - then put water on it - nothing happened!
We have been using P20 for about the last 15 years now, the old mix was supposed to be put on and left for 1 hour so it would bond with the skin cells, if you then put on anything white (well you can't go naked for breakfast!!)lol - it stained the clothes yellow!
However, the new formulae does not do this at all.
You put it on leave for up to 30 minutes and it bonds with your skin and doesn't stain your clothes at all.
Once on it stays all day, it does not wash off of come off in the sea, it just seems to neutralise and absorb.
I can't understand how this stained red - weird!! Maybe something else is causing the chemical reaction!
Maybe the manufacturers need to know!
Tony - near Heathrow Airport - still not red!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni