Author Topic: Cant believe we are back home!  (Read 33212 times)

don

Re: Cant believe we are back home!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 11:30:36 PM »
If I'd turned the loo seat pink I think I'd have gone to see the Doctor. I do recall seeing in the paper that the Greek Scientists had invented a pregnancy testing loo seat.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 12:32:22 AM »
I didnt buy it this year for myself because it was turning most of my whites a yellowish colour but steve carried on using it saying that its the new formula now with no stains. It wasnt that bad as previous but  Nikos came over to us and asked what suncreem we are using because in the odd room their sheets had turned a pinking colour and also the loo seat had gone pink in 1 apartment( not ours!). :-[
we brought out the P.20 to show him and he poured it on some sheets neat but then sprayed it with neat water. It went bright red. I said it must be a reaction from their soap powder as they wash the sheets at the back of the hotel in their wash house but george wasnt having any of it. He said it reacts with the water!
This is even when you have been in the shower and you have washed it off, but then one of the other reasons I dont use it is cos I think it still stays on your skin,and the smell of it smells as though your lathering yourself up in petrol for the day!!! Us ladies like to smell a bit sweeter than an oiltank and coconut smell gets me everytime! :)
That is just so strange -
I just tried it by putting on a cotton handkerchief, then left it a few minutes - then put water on it - nothing happened!
We have been using P20 for about the last 15 years now, the old mix was supposed to be put on and left for 1 hour so it would bond with the skin cells, if you then put on anything white (well you can't go naked for breakfast!!)lol - it stained the clothes yellow!
However, the new formulae does not do this at all.
You put it on leave for up to 30 minutes and it bonds with your skin and doesn't stain your clothes at all.
Once on it stays all day, it does not wash off of come off in the sea, it just seems to neutralise and absorb.
I can't understand how this stained red - weird!! Maybe something else is causing the chemical reaction!
Maybe the manufacturers need to know!
Tony - near Heathrow Airport - still not red!!

Are there different factors which may react in a different way - or is it all the same factor?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »
no weve only ever used the factor 20! I still think its a reaction to their soap powder. Don will have to report back when he gets there, you never know george will probably have saved the sheets he tested it on when we were there, he wasnt amused!

Offline grecophile

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 03:08:02 AM »
Arrived back 19 June after a week. A typical breezy week that happens in may/June.
Avliotes village festival Sunday 14 June in the olive grove near the tennis court was amazing & a touch of the real Greece rarely seen.
Walk to Arillas the long way via the road & the return over the top is still special.
The walk to Avliotes to see the progress on the by pass was a first as was the return via the football pitch to the tennis courts.
Drive up the mountain to Pantocrator showed how much roads all over the island have improved.
Agios Georgios retains a quiet charm with good cheap greek food at Angelos.
Unfortunately for me San Stefanos IS changing however & not in my view for the better!    The strip between condor & the Athens bar is becoming like Sidari.
The band in the Athens bar sounded fine I could hear them at Kapetanios until well after midnight. Would not mind seeing them at my local on a Friday night but not in SS shared with the rest of the resort, Rockin in the free world is not my favourite track at the best of times & certainly not in my appt with shutters & windows closed 500yrds away.
I know its personal taste & preference but when other bar owners start to try & out do Nickos will our little gem in the north west loose something?
Despite that still looking at Quietude again for two weeks next year with the whole family....hoping the wing is in a different direction.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:52 AM »
Arrived back 19 June after a week. A typical breezy week that happens in may/June.
Avliotes village festival Sunday 14 June in the olive grove near the tennis court was amazing & a touch of the real Greece rarely seen.
Walk to Arillas the long way via the road & the return over the top is still special.
The walk to Avliotes to see the progress on the by pass was a first as was the return via the football pitch to the tennis courts.
Drive up the mountain to Pantocrator showed how much roads all over the island have improved.
Unfortunately for me San Stefanos IS changing however & not in my view for the better!    The strip between condor & the Athens bar is becoming like Sidari.
The band in the Athens bar sounded fine I could hear them at Kapetanios until well after midnight. Would not mind seeing them at my local on a Friday night but not in SS shared with the rest of the resort, Rockin in the free world is not my favourite track at the best of times & certainly not in my appt with shutters & windows closed 500yrds away.
I know its personal taste & preference but when other bar owners start to try & out do Nickos will our little gem in the north west loose something?
Despite that still looking at Quietude again for two weeks next year with the whole family....hoping the wing is in a different direction.
I never heard the Athens bar with Live music before, they should soundproof a bit!! At least the Condor pull the shutters across!!
No one is supposed to have loud music playing after midnight or  00:30 in the resort!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 09:54:03 AM »
I never heard the Athens bar with Live music before, they should soundproof a bit!! At least the Condor pull the shutters across!!
No one is supposed to have loud music playing after midnight or  00:30 in the resort!!
I thought the music was supposed to end by midnight or at least quieten down...
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
I didnt buy it this year for myself because it was turning most of my whites a yellowish colour but steve carried on using it saying that its the new formula now with no stains. It wasnt that bad as previous but  Nikos came over to us and asked what suncreem we are using because in the odd room their sheets had turned a pinking colour and also the loo seat had gone pink in 1 apartment( not ours!). :-[
we brought out the P.20 to show him and he poured it on some sheets neat but then sprayed it with neat water. It went bright red. I said it must be a reaction from their soap powder as they wash the sheets at the back of the hotel in their wash house but george wasnt having any of it. He said it reacts with the water!
This is even when you have been in the shower and you have washed it off, but then one of the other reasons I dont use it is cos I think it still stays on your skin,and the smell of it smells as though your lathering yourself up in petrol for the day!!! Us ladies like to smell a bit sweeter than an oiltank and coconut smell gets me everytime! :)

Well, I'm touched ...... and pretty flippin amazed actually at Nikos domesticity ..... haven't seen him take much interest in the laundry ~ or the loo seat, in fact in our house ???.

Anyway they did mention it was happening and wondered what it could be. I did say to them it could be perhaps anti mosquito stuff or more probably suncream/oil but that normally it would turn whites a yellowy tinge ~ unless they had changed the formula. But yes, I also think it depends on what they are washing the laundry in. You can't tell them that though if you know what I mean!!!

joan

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 01:59:52 AM »

I have heard about the new road, it begins at kavoudades near the pink villa by the Eko petrol station, is it ending some where near the Arrilas road ?
Hear's hoping SS doesn't end up like Sidari have had some reservations about advances in the village ourselves.When we first went to SS all you could hear was greek music filtering through the night as you sat admiring the lights in the hills, we thought it was sensational. Gouvia started out exactly the same as SS but very quickly became a nightmare are they heading in the same direction?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 02:47:41 AM »
Unfortunately for me San Stefanos IS changing however & not in my view for the better!    The strip between condor & the Athens bar is becoming like Sidari.

I have heard about the new road, it begins at kavoudades near the pink villa by the Eko petrol station, is it ending some where near the Arrilas road ?
Hear's hoping SS doesn't end up like Sidari have had some reservations about advances in the village ourselves.When we first went to SS all you could hear was greek music filtering through the night as you sat admiring the lights in the hills, we thought it was sensational. Gouvia started out exactly the same as SS but very quickly became a nightmare are they heading in the same direction?
I really hope not and don't think so! Building is limited by the council, and the "noisy" street shouldn't grow too much more!
If you walk to the other quarter of SS, it's still fairly quiet and plenty of Greek music around!!
Also you mention the Pink Villa, it used to be white but was washed by the lads at the Barras!! LOL!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:49:13 AM by tonyco1 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 02:51:03 AM »
I didnt buy it this year for myself because it was turning most of my whites a yellowish colour but steve carried on using it saying that its the new formula now with no stains. It wasnt that bad as previous but  Nikos came over to us and asked what suncreem we are using because in the odd room their sheets had turned a pinking colour and also the loo seat had gone pink in 1 apartment( not ours!). :-[

Well, I'm touched ...... and pretty flippin amazed actually at Nikos domesticity ..... haven't seen him take much interest in the laundry ~ or the loo seat, in fact in our house ???.

Anyway they did mention it was happening and wondered what it could be. I did say to them it could be perhaps anti mosquito stuff or more probably suncream/oil but that normally it would turn whites a yellowy tinge ~ unless they had changed the formula. But yes, I also think it depends on what they are washing the laundry in. You can't tell them that though if you know what I mean!!!
As I said in an earlier post, I tried to make it happen here - nothing happened!! so maybe it is the detergent!!
Do you know what's happened to Monroes? this year!

don

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:39 AM »
It SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 03:22:32 AM »
It SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it closed then Don? why not be clear?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »

We hope that they don't build much more as well - can't think of anything worse than having our favourite place spoilt by to much development.

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 10:12:51 AM »

Lol! I know exactly what you mean! bless em! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »

Lol! I know exactly what you mean! bless em! ;)
I am amazed that Greek men think they know more about the washing than the girls!! I would never argue - I struggle to turn on the washing machine!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni