Author Topic: SS-Gay Friendly  (Read 33732 times)

Offline San

• View Profile
SS-Gay Friendly
« on: June 16, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
Hi-We fell in love with the sound of SS and have really enjoyed the forum, we travel to SS in July and are too counting down the days to get away from the rat race and eat drink and be merry-we are not expecting any gay nightlife (god forbid) but the nearer it gets to the big day are a tad worried about the reception gay people might recieve-all comments greatly appreciated-San

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
Re: SS-Gay Friendly
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
a gay lad who posts on here occasionally (bluenosejock) posted a similar question on another forum last year, he and his partner are going back to san stef in the next few weeks  :)
you and your partner will have a fab time, there is absolutely nothing to worry about just enjoy your holls together, its a very laid back sort of place you will love it !!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
Hi-We fell in love with the sound of SS and have really enjoyed the forum, we travel to SS in July and are too counting down the days to get away from the rat race and eat drink and be merry-we are not expecting any gay nightlife (god forbid) but the nearer it gets to the big day are a tad worried about the reception gay people might recieve-all comments greatly appreciated-San

My cousin Dafydd's going , he was 'oping he'd be the only gay in the village

Lions were crap today

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
a gay lad who posts on here occasionally (bluenosejock) posted a similar question on another forum last year, he and his partner are going back to san stef in the next few weeks  :)
you and your partner will have a fab time, there is absolutely nothing to worry about just enjoy your holls together, its a very laid back sort of place you will love it !!

I better not comment in my state LOL

don

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »
No problems............. we have met a few gay people in San Stef but then again we don't differentiate. People are people no matter what differences from ourselves.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:09:30 AM »
You will have a great time in SS. Whatever preferences you have you will not be judged by anyone whether locals or visitors. SS is a truly lovely place and you will fall in love with it's laid back ways. :) Just enjoy
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:56:09 AM »
Have to agree with all of the above! Enjoy!

Offline San

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:19:55 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks we are well and truly reassured and can't wait to take off and hopefully to land where people are just people, hope you have a well deserved and much needed holiday!!, we are just buzzing because we pushed the boat out this year and have booked for three weeks, how lucky are we!! Yassous..........

don

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks we are well and truly reassured and can't wait to take off and hopefully to land where people are just people, hope you have a well deserved and much needed holiday!!, we are just buzzing because we pushed the boat out this year and have booked for three weeks, how lucky are we!! Yassous..........

As lucky as us...........................We are 26 june to 17 july!!!!

Hope you are not the couple we met in Mykonos a few years ago as I hate Coronation Street!!! Alas the missus loves it!! Coronation Street I mean .
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:30:13 AM by don »

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 02:34:16 AM »
Hello San

San Stef is everybody friendly, you will have a great time.

Where are you staying ???

Lucky you 3 weeks 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03:20 AM »
Hi All,

As lucky as us...........................We are 26 june to 17 july!!!!

Hope you are not the couple we met in Mykonos a few years ago as I hate Coronation Street!!! Alas the missus loves it!! Coronation Street I mean .
Definately no problem, it has been a place for all persuasions to relax in since the first time we went. There were gay couples there then, although it was much quieter. I work with a lot of gay staff and we have many gay friends, we always recommend S S to everyone, the key thing is it's very friendly!
As Don says, no one these days should make any big deal about someone's preference's, it's a case of a bit of mutual respect and no one crossing over the line!! Have a good time!! There are no specific Gay Clubs locally, bound to be one in Corfu Town!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »
Just have a great 3 weeks in our favourite holiday destination. It would be very difficult not to. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 03:56:51 AM »
Just have a great 3 weeks in our favourite holiday destination. It would be very difficult not to. :)
Don is quite happy - not sure if he fully qualifies though!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »
hi San

Just a bit more reassurance for you.

me and my friends have been a few times now and last September we met 2 guys (gay) where we were staying (Tereza). we instantly made a lifetime friendship with them and had a laugh all holiday. i think they were a bit apprehensive at first as had never been there, and were regulars to Kefalonia. however, they were made to feel welcome as is everybody and i am glad to say we kept in touch back home.

We met a few times for meals and nights out and even spent New year with them, and have since had a reunion holiday this May, where as usual we were all welcomed back as old friends.

We are going out this weekend actually as well, and they have decided to go for the 2 weeks next May and we are all booking up together. So they have changed to SS from kefalonia, so that in itself has to say something !!!

Enjoy !!!!

Sarah H
xx

Offline deborahh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 01:38:51 AM »
Hi Sarah, I'm sure we met you last Sept in SS, remember Rock Pig?

Re the Gay issue, it isn't an issue at all. We also met a gay couple in sept at Tereza, so assuming it was the same guys, also met a lesbian couple when we were there the previous may, neither couple had anything negative to say about their reception in bars, hotels or restaurants in the village

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni