Author Topic: Mythos Apartments  (Read 22796 times)

Offline emjon

• View Profile
Mythos Apartments
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
Hi

We have stayed in SS a few times over the years, and this August are trying the Mythos apartments.
Has anyone stayed recently, I have just read a review on another site saying the frogs are very loud in the Mythos.
Can anyone give more info on  this, we normally stay Romanza end of resort, so do not know this end of resort very well.
Thanks

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Mythos Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
Frogs should have finished mating by August so should be ok from that point of view.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline emjon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:44:05 PM »
thanks

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:08:35 PM »
Jules should know - she usually joins in with them, and boy is she noisy!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline madge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »
Hi - we have just returned from the Mythos on Friday.  This was our first visit to San Stef and we absolutely loved it.  We explored every day, and in our opinion only, and for what suits us, the Mythos end of the resort is the best.  It was so quiet but only 5 mins walk to the centre, whereas because of my health problems going up that bank to Romanza would kill me!!  Going back to the Mythos apartments they were absolutely gorgeous, modern, fairly new and very very clean.  Fantastic pool.  Thomas Cook advertise 8 units but in actual fact there is only 5, 3 maisonnettes and 2 studios.  The maid and her family live in one of the maisonnettes, so it was like having your own private villa and pool.  The only draw back , and which (only thing) would probably make us choose somewhere else next year, was the problems with communication with the owners regarding any problem.  Air conditioning and the safe deposit box were the big thing for us.  The couple who had been in our apartment, and who we met before they left told us that they had tried for close on 2 weeks to get AC with no luck. This is because the old gentleman who lives behind the property and who does general maintenance, pool cleaning etc, speaks no English so you have to wait to see Jasmin the rep (lovely girl who tries her best all the time) who then has to try to contact the owners who live in Sidari, then come back to you.  This can take days to get anything done, and is an absolute pain.  As it happens we managed without AC but the last couple of days were just too hot without it.  We met Gillywoo and her husband who came during our week to the next door apartment and they did manage after a couple of days to get George over from Sidari to put the AC on, but these things should be done quicker and Jasmin and the clients should not have to go through this farce.

This lovely little complex is gorgeous, could be absolutely fantastic, with only a few little tweeks, but if you can get the AC resolved quickly (if you need it) we would have no hesitation whatsoever to recommend here to anyone.  Even if you can't don't be put off we had an absolutely fabulous holiday, are returning next year, to the Mythos is the "tweeks" are done, if not the Rose Garden, Perros Hotel, or the harbour side of the resort to the Fedre Mare.

The food in the resort is lovely, very reasonable and good quality as are the drinks - 2.50 euros for a large mythos everywhere, set meals around 9 euros but to be honest we ate a number of times at Beachcombers which was fantastic and a good quality starter, main meal and bottle of wine was only about 30 euros for the two of us. What a setting, sunset you really must see.  Exchange rate in the resort was 1.20. 

So envious of all of you who have there holiday to look forward to - roll on 2011!!!  Enjoy!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »
Thanks for that Madge. Glad you enjoyed it despite the air con.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:11:07 AM »
Madge - nice informative report - thanks!

don

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »
On our first monday we met two of the site regulars who were staying at Mythos. They had borrowed a toilet seat from Dimitri at the Little Prince. I will let Andy give a full explanation !

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 01:29:45 AM »
Thanks Madge for that great write up.  Have been looking at Mythos since they were only with Corfu Escape and have always wondered about them - they look fab with super bathrooms etc.  However that would be a big NO NO for me with the ac - I teach so only have school holidays and NEED it, got to the point where we don't look at anything wihtout air con, so thanks Madge for the nudge there.  What a shame - lets hope it get sorted.  Am determined to stay at the Perros - reviews are so good and they are so helpful, so will be a first for us as we have always stayed in the old part of the Village (love the Nafsika).  Just love SS actually................lovely place.  is the beach sorted out now?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »
The beach is getting wider by the minute. Today the sea was totally flat calm, warm.

Heat wave next week!

Offline madge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »
Hi Debra - as I said don't be too put off - you will get the AC - but might take a day or so.  Jasmin the TC rep will get it sorted.  We were kind of lucky in that we did not really need it, just the last couple of days it kind of got a bit unbearable when trying to dry hair and get ready.  If we had really really insisted, it would have been done.  As I said the couple next to us managed to get George the owner over pretty quickly. Madge x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »
Don't forget people - everything in Greece is "Tomorrow"!! LOL
But - - ask enough - and you shall get!!

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 11:53:45 PM »
Just got back today from Mythos.  I have to say we had no problem getting the aircon at all.  Maybe we were just lucky to see the owner there on our second day and we got it set up straight away, same with the safety deposit box (this is free - you just need to know the code so you can change it to your own - don't forget to change back at the end of your stay!
The whole complex is fantastic and I can't really add anything to the above report.  Our only gripe was the pool didn't seem that clean when we were there.  The old man who looks after the complex (we called him Grandad! only appeared to put the filter pump on for about an hour in the morning, hence the rest of the day the pool was full of dead and dying insects and bird poo!  It didn't help that we had a plague of flying ants for a couple of days which didn't make for pleasant swimming.

Apart from this, the place was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a very quiet base.

Sue

PS  Never heard any frogs at Mythos - only when we walked past Thomas Bay!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:59:56 PM by sooz »
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
Just skim off the dead flies!! LOL
Maybe a word in Grandad's ear would help!
They are so laid back at times - - - LOL

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »
Good point Tony but still not very pleasant.  Maybe I should have sweet talked 'Grandad' earlier as he gave me a lovely posy of jasmine last night which smelt heavenly! :D

Sue
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni