Author Topic: Romanza........maybe one for Yannis!!  (Read 69007 times)

Gavlah1973

Romanza........maybe one for Yannis!!
« on: February 28, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
Yannis

Just remembered (dont tell the wife) that's it's our wedding anniversary just over a week into our stay (29th August if anyone wants to pay me on a beer!!!)

Do all the rooms have a sea view or is it worth emailing the hotel direct to see if they could maybe put us in one of the slightly better one.

Cheers in advance

Gav  :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza........maybe one for Yannis!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:29:39 PM »
I know you asked Yannis - he will answer I am sure - but this is my opinion.
I would definitely email and explain all, ask for a room with a sunset view.
You have nothing to lose by this and everything to gain.

Also think about going out for your Anniversary meal,
I would always recommend the Beachcomber Bistro for that special occasion and book in advance.
Get the corner table on the patio, and the sun will set while your meal is in progress - it's beautiful there!
Tell Sue it's an anniversary and she will look after you, Nicky the chef is brilliant, and can do off menu things as well!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »
Hi Gavlah1973
All rooms have a seaview so in theory they all have a sunset view.The hotel consists of 3 blocks plus the pool.
Looking right to left facing the sea.
Block 1 contains Reception and bar areas with 2 rooms on the floor above.
Next is the pool area with both indoor and outdoor dining areas situated under the reception/bar area.The outside dining area an ideal place to watch the sunset while enjoying your evening meal and carafe of wine.
Block 2 comes next.This is an accommodation block consisting of approx 16 rooms.
Block 3 is another accommodation block of approx 14 rooms.(The number of rooms in each block is a guess but between them they total 30).
Both blocks are 2 story buildings so the best views are from the top floors.
I prefer block 2 which is higher than block 1 and gives you the best views.
The top floor of block 2 consists of a mixture of balconies and verandas.The balconies are open to the elements on all sides while the verandas are set back and covered.(Check the photos on the Romanza website of the hotel.Counting left to right top to bottom it is photo no.14).
My own particular preference is the balcony types which are rooms23,26,29.
The higher two and therefore the best view are 26 and 29.They are closest to the pool area and look down the valley and path to the beach.This gives you wonderful views of the beach,sea and islands not to mention the swallow/swifts that swoop up and down the valley all day and  build their nests around the hotel.As you may have guessed i always have room 26.
As Tony suggested email the hotel at least 3 weeks before you arrive with your room request.I also rate the Beachcomer for that special meal.
I hope this helps
Yammas
Yannis26
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:06:09 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
Yannis - Brilliant reply - I am sure that lots of people will benefit from the detail.
I learnt from that as well - as we have never stayed there - just popped in for a meal, if it wasn't for the hill I would stay there!

Trouble is I was diagnosed with some Arthritis in my Hip a few days ago, following X-rays -
I have had intermittent pain for last 3 years now and blamed a trapped nerve, That's why I stay on the "Flat", no extra strain on the legs.

I am now looking at any treatment that will help it - still attending physiotherapy, as I don't want to end up with a metal hip!!
I thought it was an old man's problem (maybe I am an old man!! LOL) - but the Doc say's anyone including kids get it as well.
Given up the Ballroom and Latin dancing we used to do as well, so annoying.

I used to run up all the S S hills! Looks like I'll be driving from now on!! LOL

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »
Wow.....cheers Yannis.....

I'll deffo email them and see what I can do. I thought all rooms were sea view or part sea view so it sounds like I can't really be in a bad position.

Wish it was August now!!  :-\

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:18:23 PM »
August will come quickly - all of a sudden - so enjoy because that second week fly's by!! LOL

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:11:27 PM »
Tell me about it!!  :(

By the way, Yannis, I've exchanged a couple of emails with a guy called Mike at the Romanza who has told me to mail him around a month before we go just to remind me and he'll sort me out with the best available room.

Cheers for the advice mate

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
That sounds like you have cracked it!!

YANNIS26

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
Tell me about it!!  :(

By the way, Yannis, I've exchanged a couple of emails with a guy called Mike at the Romanza who has told me to mail him around a month before we go just to remind me and he'll sort me out with the best available room.

Cheers for the advice mate
Hi Gav
Glad i could help.
Mike owns the Romanza along with his sister Nitsa.The day to day running of the accommadation side is done by Nitsa and her husband Costas.The restaurant/bar side is under seperate management but in truth it is one big happy family.You will understand  why when i tell you that Katie&Leo run the restaurant/bar.Katies sister Alex runs reception .Alexes daughter Eleni and Katies son Andreas carry out the duties of running the pool bar and waiting tables at meal times. Not forgetting Marina who carries out evening reception & bar duties.
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 04:03:31 AM »
Not Forgetting Yannis who keeps them going by drinking in there!! LOL

YANNIS26

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »
Not Forgetting Yannis who keeps them going by drinking in there!! LOL
Hi Tony
I have been known to enjoy the odd one.On the days we are around the hotel my favourite drink is what i call my pre lunch aperitif. I leave my wife soaking up the last of the morning sun and retire to our room.Remove the odd can of Mythos from the fridge and make my self comfortable on the balcony in peace and quiet.I can now take in the magnificent views over the sea,beach and islands.Meanwhile the swallows/swifts are swooping up the valley to feed their young in the nests built on the hotel walls.This perfect tranqil time is the ideal occasion to partake of an ice cold Mythos or two.
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 09:50:49 PM »
Ahh!
I must be getting soft!!

Move over and get the other can out!!

Doesn't it make you want to be there right now!!

YANNIS26

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »
Hi Tony
You are right.""Ahh!"' sums up my balcony muse it must be my feminine side coming out.Every time i think about it it brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.I better pull myself together before i start worrying about my bikini line.
Roll on June 18th
Yammas
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »
Ha-HA - no answer to that one - LOL

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 02:44:12 AM »
Serious question............................. We know from many friends that the Romanza goes from strength to strength despite staff changes. I also read other forums so why are so many of their "fans" going to stop elsewhere in 2010?
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni