Author Topic: Greetings from San Stefanos.  (Read 64645 times)

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from San Stefanos.
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »
Yes I am in San Stef. Waiting all over. Haven't any news yet as not long here. First stop - a big Mythos (and that's exactly what I'm doing). Will have news of prices, changes etc before too long.

Ahhh good the first wave has hit the beach...lets hope he/she can get messages back from the front line
I am "he" & I can. Scottish And Ancient (even older than Tonyco1)! Weather is wonderful!!!
I didn't think that was possible lol!!! ;)
 Glad the weather is good for you as well. Hope you are enjoying the Mythos. :)
DeeMac - I really must thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Not so much for the information which is very-very gratefully received from all of us here,
but for being OLDER than me!! Thanks again - I was begining to think I was the Fossil of San Stefanos!! LOL!!

By the way we really love that cottage - we once stayed at the Quietude about 20 + years ago with some friends,
it was well fitted out then - even a washing machine, but we also liked the cottage - who rents it out these days???
One more thing - no a few actually if you don't mind too much!!
We went in May last year - the Kebab shop opp. Condor? nothing open then!
Was that in the new build that Stefanos put up, I thought it was to be a jewellery shop or something??
or is it the one a bit further up in front of Stamatis roughly??
Is Yiannis doing a Restaurant now or what? What is in the old Yiannis establishment??
Is Ossie Oils still running?? any info appreciated and have a brill Holiday!!
One more thing = can you spot where the S S webcam is now located and ask Noula / Ireana when it will be running again please!!
Oh and when you have finished running all our errands - you can have a nice beer and a great holiday!! ;D ;D
Sorry meant kebab shop opp Athens Bar (Called Yiannis) doing take away  +a few tables, his old place is still called Yiannis but I believe his cousin is running  it. Leo & Jenny's place opens 6.30 tonight & is called Mythica. Ozzy oils is open.  Ask me another!
Just as asked - what is going on around TexMex next to Zorba's and what shops are open opposite the Condor?
The TexMex is going to be an Italian restaurant, owned by Zorbas, will check out shops opp Condor but I have a feeling nothing has changed there. The big shop opp Athens bar (was leather or jewellers?) is not open & appears completely empty. Had a look Mythica menu & intend to try it - will report after we go.San Stef is busy now because many Thomsons people are complaining about Sidari as a result of roadworks and sewerage problems, so have been moved here.
deemac

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »
Sorry, meant to add, following questions about Simple bar,something was happening there last night and it may be preparing to open. No name outside, "Simple" sign has gone.
deemac

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »
Yes I am in San Stef. Waiting all over. Haven't any news yet as not long here. First stop - a big Mythos (and that's exactly what I'm doing). Will have news of prices, changes etc before too long.

Ahhh good the first wave has hit the beach...lets hope he/she can get messages back from the front line
I am "he" & I can. Scottish And Ancient (even older than Tonyco1)! Weather is wonderful!!!
I didn't think that was possible lol!!! ;)
 Glad the weather is good for you as well. Hope you are enjoying the Mythos. :)
DeeMac - I really must thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Not so much for the information which is very-very gratefully received from all of us here,
but for being OLDER than me!! Thanks again - I was begining to think I was the Fossil of San Stefanos!! LOL!!

By the way we really love that cottage - we once stayed at the Quietude about 20 + years ago with some friends,
it was well fitted out then - even a washing machine, but we also liked the cottage - who rents it out these days???
One more thing - no a few actually if you don't mind too much!!
We went in May last year - the Kebab shop opp. Condor? nothing open then!
Was that in the new build that Stefanos put up, I thought it was to be a jewellery shop or something??
or is it the one a bit further up in front of Stamatis roughly??
Is Yiannis doing a Restaurant now or what? What is in the old Yiannis establishment??
Is Ossie Oils still running?? any info appreciated and have a brill Holiday!!
One more thing = can you spot where the S S webcam is now located and ask Noula / Ireana when it will be running again please!!
Oh and when you have finished running all our errands - you can have a nice beer and a great holiday!! ;D ;D
Sorry meant kebab shop opp Athens Bar (Called Yiannis) doing take away  +a few tables, his old place is still called Yiannis but I believe his cousin is running  it. Leo & Jenny's place opens 6.30 tonight & is called Mythica. Ozzy oils is open.  Ask me another!
Just as asked - what is going on around TexMex next to Zorba's and what shops are open opposite the Condor?
The TexMex is going to be an Italian restaurant, owned by Zorbas, will check out shops opp Condor but I have a feeling nothing has changed there. The big shop opp Athens bar (was leather or jewellers?) is not open & appears completely empty. Had a look Mythica menu & intend to try it - will report after we go.San Stef is busy now because many Thomsons people are complaining about Sidari as a result of roadworks and sewerage problems, so have been moved here.
Sorry, I was confused again-The shops opposite Condor are leather & jewellery shops, they were there last year when we came. Opposite Athens is still Stamatis place.
deemac

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
Glad both of you are enjoying that lovely sun.It's raining here....boo hoo.
On your travels did you notice if there was any action around where the old Tex Mex was? Someone mentioned that Zorbas had got it and it was going to be Italian.

That's correct.A little work still to be done (prob open in a few weeks).
deemac

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »
don, tony .... what on earth makes you think i might be referring to yourselves?

Thanks jules for the female solidarity there!

ok ok even if i was maybe i should have said quick witted/ sharp witted male members of the forum!

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 12:31:12 AM »
don, tony .... what on earth makes you think i might be referring to yourselves?

ok ok even if i was maybe i should have said quick witted/ sharp witted male members of the forum!

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)
Now that's why we love you so much!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:52 AM »

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

Isn't it great when there's bog all on the tele? 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 12:45:02 AM »

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

Less than Bog-all - what are we paying for!!

don

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 12:55:29 AM »

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

BROADBAND? One of lifes luxuries!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 01:00:56 AM »

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

Yes - broadly speaking!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 01:17:39 AM »

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

Yes - broadly speaking!!
Thers always music channels on sky which you can just listen to- sometimes even some old stuff as well as now music . :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
dont think the people that booked for sidari would find san stefanos there cup of tea no discos or mc donalds think there may be a lot of unhappy campers about lets hope its fixed soon

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
dont think the people that booked for sidari would find san stefanos there cup of tea no discos or mc donalds think there may be a lot of unhappy campers about lets hope its fixed soon
I noticed last year that MacDonalds had closed in Sidari,
so we had to drive to Kavos or Corfu Town twice a day to meet Don and Jules,
for a treble quater-pounder with a bucket of oily chips - Yeah!! as if we missed that!!
Can you imagine a MacDonalds in San Stefanos? - the fast way to ruin!!
We go to Corfu to get away from death by burgers!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »
I noticed last year that MacDonalds had closed in Sidari,
so we had to drive to Kavos or Corfu Town twice a day to meet Don and Jules,
for a treble quater-pounder with a bucket of oily chips - Yeah!! as if we missed that!!
Can you imagine a MacDonalds in San Stefanos? - the fast way to ruin!!
We go to Corfu to get away from death by burgers!!
Exactly.  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »

Better? xxxx (mea culpa)

Tone it down please.... No talk of male members here please. This is a good clean holiday forum! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni