Author Topic: Greetings from San Stefanos.  (Read 64467 times)

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from San Stefanos.
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 11:47:36 PM »
Can I just say this is making me more and more excited about going now only 2 months 1 week and 1 day to go!
when are you going and where are you staying missh :)

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 02:01:03 AM »
thanks deemac for all that info,i myself will be joining you in 5 days,its my first visit,you'll know which one i am,the crazy geordie who's always deprived of sun up north,so will be out on the beach from the time the sun comes up until it goes to bed  ;D
That's down south for me!
deemac

don

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 02:33:47 AM »
thanks deemac for all that info,i myself will be joining you in 5 days,its my first visit,you'll know which one i am,the crazy geordie who's always deprived of sun up north,so will be out on the beach from the time the sun comes up until it goes to bed  ;D
That's down south for me!

The English typically think civilisation finished at the Tyne! Have you tried Tyne Brand tinned pies awful ! Says it all . LOL ::)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
Me I am going in 2 months one week and a day and I am staying in the Mythos appartment :) I have to say I realy think I am going to like it in San Stefanos judging by how many people hear rave about it.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 11:59:44 AM »
Me I am going in 2 months one week and a day and I am staying in the Mythos appartment :) I have to say I realy think I am going to like it in San Stefanos judging by how many people hear rave about it.
I'm certain you will enjoy it. First time in SS will be so special and you will always remember it. 8)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »
Hi All

We arrived at San Stef on Friday afternoon having left a very wet and windy Glasgow Airport. Stepped off the plane to bright sunshine and 23 degrees. Been the same since and eight day forecast also fine.

Little Prince as good as ever and food prices very reasonable. Had the sizzling steak last night, fantastic and only 7 Euros. Beer around 2.50 for a pint. Hiring a car for a few days at 25 Euros a day this early in the season. Place is still quite quiet with a few restaurants still to open. Ozzy Oils was still being prepared yesterday but I think we'll definitely give it a go when it opens.

Must say we had a great welcome from all at the Little Prince who had remembered us from two years ago. Also from the Silver Star across the road. Says something about us I guess.

Anyone must go, busy doing not a lot :D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
Hi All

We arrived at San Stef on Friday afternoon having left a very wet and windy Glasgow Airport. Stepped off the plane to bright sunshine and 23 degrees. Been the same since and eight day forecast also fine.

Little Prince as good as ever and food prices very reasonable. Had the sizzling steak last night, fantastic and only 7 Euros. Beer around 2.50 for a pint. Hiring a car for a few days at 25 Euros a day this early in the season. Place is still quite quiet with a few restaurants still to open. Ozzy Oils was still being prepared yesterday but I think we'll definitely give it a go when it opens.

Must say we had a great welcome from all at the Little Prince who had remembered us from two years ago. Also from the Silver Star across the road. Says something about us I guess.

Glad the weather and food are good. The people at The Little Prince are great and remember everyone. We are going to try sizzling steak this year for the first time - sounds yummy and can't wait. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

joan

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »
Glad both of you are enjoying that lovely sun.It's raining here....boo hoo.
On your travels did you notice if there was any action around where the old Tex Mex was? Someone mentioned that Zorbas had got it and it was going to be Italian.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »
Hi All

Glad the weather and food are good. The people at The Little Prince are great and remember everyone. We are going to try sizzling steak this year for the first time - sounds yummy and can't wait. :)
If you look on my facebook - Jules - you can see a picture of a sweating Dimitri delivering our sizzling steaks in a cloud of smoke!!!
A must try steak!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 01:45:23 PM »
Isn't that just lovely? deemac on holday and taking time and trouble to get back to us ss starved lot! Just shows what a pleasant and helpful group we all are!

(< holds breath and waits for sarky comments from one or two of the more established gents in the group..........)
AAaahhhh !! Thats nice!! -
But - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Us" sarky?
"Us" established?
"Us" Gents - Oh yes - I suppose we are!!

But Sarky - surely not - - Can't think why you would say that, especially with regard to yourself -
as we are great admirers of yourself and hang on your every word!!
Isn't that right Don?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »
Isn't that just lovely? deemac on holday and taking time and trouble to get back to us ss starved lot! Just shows what a pleasant and helpful group we all are!

(< holds breath and waits for sarky comments from one or two of the more established gents in the group..........)
"Us" sarky?
"Us" established?

But Sarky - surely not - - Can't think why you would say that, especially with regard to yourself -
Isn't that right Don?
There you go - definitely sarky

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »

"Us" sarky?
"Us" established?

Isn't that right Don?
There you go - definitely sarky
No No No - we love her Jules!! She was nice to us!!!
- - - talking of that - you could try that as well!!  (try not to choke)!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
Yes I am in San Stef. Waiting all over. Haven't any news yet as not long here. First stop - a big Mythos (and that's exactly what I'm doing). Will have news of prices, changes etc before too long.

Ahhh good the first wave has hit the beach...lets hope he/she can get messages back from the front line
I am "he" & I can. Scottish And Ancient (even older than Tonyco1)! Weather is wonderful!!!
I didn't think that was possible lol!!! ;)
 Glad the weather is good for you as well. Hope you are enjoying the Mythos. :)
DeeMac - I really must thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Not so much for the information which is very-very gratefully received from all of us here,
but for being OLDER than me!! Thanks again - I was begining to think I was the Fossil of San Stefanos!! LOL!!

By the way we really love that cottage - we once stayed at the Quietude about 20 + years ago with some friends,
it was well fitted out then - even a washing machine, but we also liked the cottage - who rents it out these days???
One more thing - no a few actually if you don't mind too much!!
We went in May last year - the Kebab shop opp. Condor? nothing open then!
Was that in the new build that Stefanos put up, I thought it was to be a jewellery shop or something??
or is it the one a bit further up in front of Stamatis roughly??
Is Yiannis doing a Restaurant now or what? What is in the old Yiannis establishment??
Is Ossie Oils still running?? any info appreciated and have a brill Holiday!!
One more thing = can you spot where the S S webcam is now located and ask Noula / Ireana when it will be running again please!!
Oh and when you have finished running all our errands - you can have a nice beer and a great holiday!! ;D ;D
Sorry meant kebab shop opp Athens Bar (Called Yiannis) doing take away  +a few tables, his old place is still called Yiannis but I believe his cousin is running  it. Leo & Jenny's place opens 6.30 tonight & is called Mythica. Ozzy oils is open.  Ask me another!
Just as asked - what is going on around TexMex next to Zorba's and what shops are open opposite the Condor?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »
LisaK123, thats a great idea, nothing like a re-charge I say!! Just make sure you don't burn and come back looking like a solar panel. LOL

don

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »
Had the sizzling steak last night, fantastic and only 7 Euros.
I have someone sitting by me salivating over the above comment! Now she is so upset as she has to have Kleftiko tonight. My personal fave and I refuse to cook 2 differing meals! Not long until 26 June then she can buy her own.  :-*

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni