Author Topic: Greetings from San Stefanos.  (Read 64603 times)

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Greetings from San Stefanos.
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
Yes I am in San Stef. Waiting all over. Haven't any news yet as not long here. First stop - a big Mythos (and that's exactly what I'm doing). Will have news of prices, changes etc before too long.

deemac

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from San Stefanos.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:37:17 PM »
P.S. Sun starting to go down but very pleasant weather. Forecast is good.
deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:53:03 PM »
Enjoy your long cold Mythos
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
Yes I am in San Stef. Waiting all over. Haven't any news yet as not long here. First stop - a big Mythos (and that's exactly what I'm doing). Will have news of prices, changes etc before too long.

You've just made me go into my cellar and drag a couple of cans up to the kitchen fridge. I was saving them for a special occasion so you can consider yourself honoured Deemac!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
Deemac

Hope you're enjoying life in SS. Only been on the forum a few times since joining a few weeks ago. We're back in SS in 5 weks after a 16 year absence. A couple of weeks ago some of the SS regs gave me an idea of drink/food prices. I'd be interested to know average prices for a large Mythos and a smirnoff voda + diet coke in the bars this year, if you have a mo over the weekend. This euro/pound exchange rate is playing havoc with my holiday budget this year!! 

don

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »
Deemac

Hope you're enjoying life in SS. Only been on the forum a few times since joining a few weeks ago. We're back in SS in 5 weks after a 16 year absence. A couple of weeks ago some of the SS regs gave me an idea of drink/food prices. I'd be interested to know average prices for a large Mythos and a smirnoff voda + diet coke in the bars this year, if you have a mo over the weekend. This euro/pound exchange rate is playing havoc with my holiday budget this year!! 

Friends of ours just flew back to Norwich from San Stef today. They were getting €1.12 to the £. Better than here!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:53 AM »
The exchange rate always seems much better in the resort - Deemac have a good one - do you have a laptop with you or are you using the internet cafe'?????
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:57:59 AM »
The exchange rate always seems much better in the resort - Deemac have a good one - do you have a laptop with you or are you using the internet cafe'?????

You can now use Thomas Bay for internet access.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »

You can now use Thomas Bay for internet access.
Thats the one I was talking about - used it last year myself - bit slow otherwise OK
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 02:00:59 AM »
Deemac

Friends of ours just flew back to Norwich from San Stef today. They were getting €1.12 to the £. Better than here!

1.12 euros that is better than UK. Doesn't surprise me though. UK banks, travel co.s, any UK based exchange, always been a rip-off!
So how were they exchanging? Traveller's cheques? Pounds sterling cash for euros in hotels? Exchange shop?

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 09:21:53 AM »
So many questions, but I am not surprised. To Don - Thanks! Bristle Boy - Big beer €2.50, vodka & coke €4 (spirits €2.50, soft €1.50), meals seem the same as last year e.g. 3 course Thomas Bay €7 . I saw €1.12 to  the £ yesterday, but prob commission off that.  To Tonyco1 & Don - I have my laptop, but my accommodation includes a pc.(The Cottage, behind Quietude).  Yiannis is now in what was the Kebab shop opposite Condor, Leo & Jenny's place is due to open tonight (name not yet revealed). I think that's all for now, be back soon!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:27:34 AM by deemac »
deemac

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
So many questions, but I am not surprised. To Don - Thanks! Bristle Boy - Big beer €2.50, vodka & coke €4 (spirits €2.50, soft €1.50), meals seem the same as last year e.g. 3 course Thomas Bay €7 . I saw €1.12 to  the £ yesterday, but prob commission off that.  To Tonyco1 & Don - I have my laptop, but my accommodation includes a pc.(The Cottage, behind Quietude).  Yiannis is now in what was the Kebab shop opposite Condor, Leo & Jenny's place is due to open tonight (name not yet revealed). I think that's all for now, be back soon!
Thanks for all of that Deemac. Sounds all ok to me. So Yiannis is about  - I'm glad - he is a character. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 10:22:23 AM »

Ahhh good the first wave has hit the beach...lets hope he/she can get messages back from the front line

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

Ahhh good the first wave has hit the beach...lets hope he/she can get messages back from the front line
I am "he" & I can. Scottish And Ancient (even older than Tonyco1)! Weather is wonderful!!!
deemac

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »

Deemac......very much appreciated; sounds reasonable, compared to many places in the Med. Last June in Santorini that combo of drinks cost us about 9 euros.....and that was on the 'cheap' side of the island! Now enjoy your holiday!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni