Author Topic: New to San Stefanos  (Read 79596 times)

don

Re: New to San Stefanos
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
don at least you will have tony to buy you a beer and mrs bj later in the year,just drink and think of me im sure i will miss you saying good bye to us lol

chris
Chris, I am saving hard to get the beer money together as he brings his own 5.5litre glass!!
Now - - the question is - who is Mr.s BJ? certainly sounds interesting to me!! LOL

The legendary Bon Jovi Lover!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
don at least you will have tony to buy you a beer and mrs bj later in the year,just drink and think of me im sure i will miss you saying good bye to us lol

chris
Chris, I am saving hard to get the beer money together as he brings his own 5.5litre glass!!
Now - - the question is - who is Mr.s BJ? certainly sounds interesting to me!! LOL

That meet is for your 2nd visit I beleive isn't it.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 11:05:36 PM »

chris

That meet is for your 2nd visit I beleive isn't it.

Correct................ See Tony Good with figures unlike you!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 02:58:47 AM »
I remember the first time we went to San Stefanos and we stayed at the Belle Vue ( no longer open) in 2000 and we couldn't beleive what a beautiful place we had chosen without even knowing anything about it. No internet in our house in those days to do our homework on. At least now we all have this great website to help us make our choices. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 04:12:32 AM »
I remember the first time we went to San Stefanos and we stayed at the Belle Vue ( no longer open) in 2000 and we couldn't beleive what a beautiful place we had chosen without even knowing anything about it. No internet in our house in those days to do our homework on. At least now we all have this great website to help us make our choices. :)
We only went to SS by accident - last min booking when I got a bonus from work,
saw an ad in the Sunday Mail!! and no proper computers at all then - I had an Atari!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 10:51:47 AM »
we went to san stefanos first time last october we had been to rhodes in the june and had planned to go to florida in november for our silver anniversary but when we went to book we just thought we dont want a long flight  and the hassle at the airport as we always have to go to a seperate bit as roy has been on farm land and they ask him if he has any clothes on that he has worn going from farm to farm we think it was the best thing we ever did and cant wait to get back

don

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
We only went to SS by accident - last min booking when I got a bonus from work,
saw an ad in the Sunday Mail!! and no proper computers at all then - I had an Atari!! Bless You!

don

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
Went there in June 1999 as a one off. In the previous 20 years we had at least 2 foreign holidays each year and had never visited the same resort twice. One visit to San Stef was enough. We flew home on the Friday and by 9.00am Saturday we were waiting patiently on the doorstep of Lunn Poly (remember?) Within 10 minutes we had booked for June 2000. We have been a least twice a year since and we honestly can't wait for 60 days to pass until we are back again.   
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:00:38 PM by don »

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »
blimey this real dedication, if you keep on like this the good citizens of San Stef will award you a medal for services to tourism.Tell me, what's the place like in Oct?

don

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »
blimey this real dedication, if you keep on like this the good citizens of San Stef will award you a medal for services to tourism.Tell me, what's the place like in Oct?
Quiet sshh!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
I was there in Oct year before last. It was half term week so the end of Oct. I had a lovely week. Weather hot enough to lie on beach and several bars and Tavernas still open (bar 38, 3 Ws etc.) I really enjoyed it even though the atmosphere was very different from July / August .

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2009, 03:38:18 AM »
Quiet sshh!

It was still busy enough to keep us happy - not too much of the sssshhhhhh!!

Offline vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2009, 01:00:30 AM »
My husband and i are also looking forward to our maiden visit to St Stephanos in July, and are staying at the Hotel Athena. Any one know what it's like?? It's our first holiday for 23yrs without the children- we are sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:31 AM »
Welcome to the forums Vanessa. Never stayed there but the hotel is in a great position being right on the beach. The pool is the biggest in resort if not Corfu. You will have a great view of the sunset if you are facing the sea.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2009, 03:50:30 AM »
My husband and i are also looking forward to our maiden visit to St Stephanos in July, and are staying at the Hotel Athena. Any one know what it's like?? It's our first holiday for 23yrs without the children- we are sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!
Hi and welcome Vanessa, we have stayed there a couple of times, lovely Hotel, nice staff, great pool - right on the beach as well,
and not to forget the Pool Snack/drink bar manager who never smiles - you get a prize if you make him crack a smile!!

Seriously - nice rooms - AirCon (small charge), carpets - and in the hallways as well!!
Sea view is best - look for my posting of U-Tube videos - one on the Athina!
You may find the Half-board meals a bit "same-y", budget for and have a few nights eating out around the resort - worth it!!
You will love this resort!! Try having a drink at Glen and Maria's place next door - the Aquarios Bar!
When in July are you going - we will be there from the 3rd for 2 weeks!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni