Author Topic: New to San Stefanos  (Read 79563 times)

Offline Frosty

• View Profile
New to San Stefanos
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:19:59 PM »
Hi, 

I am new to the website and to San Stefanos.  I have read reviews and seen pictures and I must say that my hubby and I are now looking for a holiday there in June.

Could anyone recommend which travel companies go there.

Thanks

Frosty. :)

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: New to San Stefanos
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »
hi frosty welcome to this site

portland direct and whileaway holidays are two that i know im sure someone else will know of more, a lot us us go ind so dont use the to

also there in june 58 days

good luck in your search you will have a great time

chris

zoe

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
hi thomsons do a quite a few but have gone up a lot from when we booked in december for june

don

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
Thomsons are the main TO, followed by Portland, First Choice (all 3 TUI) and Thomas Cook. If adventurous you can try it independantly. The above mentioned fly from quite a few airports and then there is EASYJET from Gatwick, Bristol & Manchester. There are quite a few posts on here covering accommodation only. Alternatively we are flying with Thomson in June from Manchester and in Thomson accommodation booked separately. Because we always book our own transfers this worked out far cheaper than a package. 

joan

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:37 AM »
Hi, 

I am new to the website and to San Stefanos.  I have read reviews and seen pictures and I must say that my hubby and I are now looking for a holiday there in June.

Thanks

Are you looking for an appartment or did you want a hotel? SS has both all of good standards, we like most started out with T Os but then found it suited us  better to travel independantly.

Offline Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:04:10 PM »
Thanks guys for all your replies.

Hi Joan,

We have been looking at bed & breakfast but don't actually mind what sort of accommodation it is although to have a pool would be great.  We have never travelled independantly before and are looking to book (hopefully) at the end of April. ;D

joan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
Thanks guys for all your replies.

Hi Joan,

We have been looking at bed & breakfast but don't actually mind what sort of accommodation it is although to have a pool would be great.  We have never travelled independantly before and are looking to book (hopefully) at the end of April. ;D

Hi Frosty, there are plenty of SC places that are of good quality, Noula at SStravel will book for you and arrange transport to and from Corfu airport www.san-stefano.gr this site has photos and prices of appartments there is also a map of the resort. When you are in the resort there are lots of places that do their own appartments and are happy to show them to you.We've found that by going ind we don't always save as we have a larger appartment than neccesary but that's just our choice. The best bit is not having to wait around the airport you are met on arrival and either a taxi or mini bus is laid on. Last year it was €50 each way but can be cheaper if you share the mini bus.I know it sounds a lot but you are in SS within the hour and no drop offs anywhere else except when you get into SS.
 You can use any pool in SS no charge some are quieter than others, don't forget the noise factor if you are wanting forty winks in the afternoon.Hope you find something you like, we've had some really nice places, just check if they are on a hill as some are quite far back.

Regards Joan

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »
Hi Frosty

If you are looking for B&B you should check out Teresa Apartment and Hotel with Portland.  They have a lovely pool and the family that run it are so friendly.  We have stayed in the apartments twice and couldn't fault them.  Hope you find something.  We are going back in July but couldn't get into the Teresa, so we are just down the road in the Olga.

Offline Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »
Hi Strogs,

Thanks very much.  I will get onto their website to have a look.
Are there many places to change currency?

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:50:22 PM »
There are several places that change currency - the Teresa, the Thomas Bay Hotel, the car hire place on the main street and I expect there are more, thats just the ones we have used.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »
Just to warn you there is only one cash machine in the village and it runs out of cash very quickly.

We booked through Thompsons the first time but have booked indepentently since then.

Any questions just ask we are a very friendly lot on here.

Sue
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
Thanks Sue,

I have mentioned to my hubby how helpful everyone has been.  We were going to leave it until the end of the month to book but I think it may now be over the weekend. ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »
Thanks Sue,

I have mentioned to my hubby how helpful everyone has been.  We were going to leave it until the end of the month to book but I think it may now be over the weekend. ;D
If your looking to use Tour Operators I think Thomsons and Portland may have some special prices on over this week end.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »
Yes - but they are dearer this year anyway - thats why we went via Noula and easy-jet this time,
most Apts are pretty similar, so look for a bargain!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »
Hi, 

Thanks

Just looking back to our first visit in '99 we were so excited about going to somewhere new. Now we are 11 weeks and minutes from landing back for our 20th visit we are just as excited. We really want to go back as soon as possible but that is in the hands of Mr Camelot LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni