Author Topic: Anywere to avoid?  (Read 82586 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Anywere to avoid?
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
Hi all as a first timer to SS is there any bar/ taverner ect to avoid?  Please constructive reasons why. 

Thanks  :)

don

Re: Anywere to avoid?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
missh -After 10 years of visiting San Stef we can say in all honesty that in the 19 times we have visited the resort we have had just one bad meal. We don't think it fair to name this place as it is one of the most popular in the resort. It was probably our fault for choosing the wrong options.
There are some cracking places to eat varying from just good to marvellous but when it comes down to it, it is down to personal taste. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 03:42:56 AM »
missh -After 10 years of visiting San Stef we can say in all honesty that in the 19 times we have visited the resort we have had just one bad meal. We don't think it fair to name this place as it is one of the most popular in the resort. It was probably our fault for choosing the wrong options.
There are some cracking places to eat varying from just good to marvellous but when it comes down to it, it is down to personal taste. 
Missh
I can confirm that too - we have eaten everywhere (apart from any new places this year), all of a good standard.
The Bars differ according to taste - no bars full of drunken yobs in this resort (you may have to excuse Don though!!!)
You are going to a zero crime relaxed and feel-good resort - you will love it unless you wanted club 18-30!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »
Definitley agree with all of the above. You couldn't have picked a nicer resort - as you can tell most of us are returnees year in year out. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »
have to agree with all the above never had a bad meal everyone so helpfull and place makes you like you do not want to leave

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:56 PM »
Ditto to all of the above! Only ever had one mediorce/bad meal in ten years and eat out every night at somewhere different. You will soon find your own favourites but the problem will be where to eat/return to. You will invariably miss somewhere out.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 04:45:14 AM »
Actually -I know somewhere to avoid - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -KAVOS!!!! LOL
but everything is great in Agios (San) Stefanos - as testified by the lovely people above!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
Another thing as well is you don't get lager louts so everywhere is safe.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

LILOLIL

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 12:38:02 PM »
I enjoy all my meals and places i visit.Someones good could be someones bad! Would'nt want this lovely friendly site to have a riot pushed onto us again.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »
I enjoy all my meals and places i visit.Someones good could be someones bad! Would'nt want this lovely friendly site to have a riot pushed onto us again.
Totally agree - we had enough of that. Everyone does have there own preferences and anyone visiting for the first time will soon be able to make there own minds up.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:41:03 AM by JULES T »

don

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 02:59:49 AM »
Got to agree that everywhere we have eaten Rocks! Can't wait for them to be Rocking again!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »
Of course having said about peoples own preferences it is still great to read about others visits to the various tavernas with pros and cons so we all have a good idea what service etc we may expect to get. :)

don

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 11:02:21 PM »
It would be a good idea this year to record where and what you ate. This could be a good read for those wishing to know more!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 02:55:33 AM »
It would be a good idea this year to record where and what you ate. This could be a good read for those wishing to know more!
Think we can oblige with that - but what was the rocks thing!!!

don

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
Think we can oblige with that - but what was the rocks thing!!!

I believe that to say that something ROCKS means it is excellent! Youngsters at work always using the term! 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni