Author Topic: Your Pet "Hates" in San Stefanos!  (Read 35924 times)

Offline montagum

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Your Pet "Hates" in San Stefanos!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 01:34:06 AM »
I have only ever seen one person selling DVDs in the restaurants/bars.  Is this the same person?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 01:42:11 AM »
I have only ever seen one person selling DVDs in the restaurants/bars.  Is this the same person?
The only person we have seen is of African origin and he tends to go round the hotels and apartments
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 03:40:12 AM »
The chappie that sells the DVD's pops into Glenns for a drink most days as he comes off the beach.
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 03:53:33 AM »
I have had them both
May and September, but they do not cause any hassle.

Has anyone had the "Balloon Seller"? Gazillions of Helium filled Balloons of all shapes and sizes, He's usually accompanied by a small child, (sympathy Angle) don't be sucked in!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 04:29:54 AM »
I've never seen the Balloon seller, maybe he was blown away!! LOL
The African guy "my name is John", is a regular for some years now - usually two to three times a week on beach and bars.
Years ago - an old trad/dressed woman sold lace on the beach -

I think that the local beach front establishments
(and Capt. Nikos - etc.), frown upon certain types of refreshment sellers as it can impact.
They tend to get the message across as well!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 10:55:09 AM »
We've also seen a woman and child selling the glow in the dark type bracelets and necklets . Not sure if its the flower seller perhaps alternating . ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
Had the balloon woman last year in Arillas.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 04:56:46 AM »
Glow in the dark - back to Jules & Sue again!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »
Glow in the dark - back to Jules & Sue again!!
Should have thought before I posted that one lol!!! ::)

don

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
We to have seen the "deaf and dumb" man with his various lighters and also the gypsy type woman with the flowers. She seems to get chauffeured about. Have also seen small children with the flowers as well.
You know - I may be cynical - but I sometimes wonder if they are really deaf & Dumb, or is it a selling technique?
Surely there can't be that many young D&D men around in so many Holiday resorts at the same time, makes you think!
I have seen the same thing in almost every holiday resort I have ever stayed in!!

We also wonder if he is deaf and dumb as it seems to be a different one evry year lol!!!
In fact we had three different ones in one evening on a Sat night last year - -LOL
You could always try the scientific paper bag test! Would love to try it  but the poor bloke could have a heart attack!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »
We to have seen the "deaf and dumb" man with his various lighters and also the gypsy type woman with the flowers. She seems to get chauffeured about. Have also seen small children with the flowers as well.
You know - I may be cynical - but I sometimes wonder if they are really deaf & Dumb, or is it a selling technique?
Surely there can't be that many young D&D men around in so many Holiday resorts at the same time, makes you think!
I have seen the same thing in almost every holiday resort I have ever stayed in!!

We also wonder if he is deaf and dumb as it seems to be a different one evry year lol!!!
In fact we had three different ones in one evening on a Sat night last year - -LOL
You could always try the scientific paper bag test! Would love to try it  but the poor bloke could have a heart attack!

Have sometinmes thought about talking to him to see if there is any response. Maybe someone should. ;)

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 02:01:25 AM »
Ill leave you to try that one Jules !!!
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 05:10:11 AM »

Have sometinmes thought about talking to him to see if there is any response. Maybe someone should. ;)
You'll need a "sign" linguist to test him out!!

don

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 11:39:57 PM »

Would he jump or would the lithmus test be the changing colour of the previously day-glo smalls? 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 02:03:19 AM »

Would he jump or would the lithmus test be the changing colour of the previously day-glo smalls? 
They may well avoid the "Chernobyl-Two", glowing away in the darkest corner of the bar!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni