Author Topic: Barras  (Read 67716 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Barras
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 01:50:39 AM »
Absolutely, sounds good to me!!

This thread could do with a well writtenreview of the Barras. Any idea where we could read one? At least mine is on the Thomson page!!!!
Hmmm!! Brown-nosing Thompson's will not earn a discount!!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2009, 03:06:47 AM »
Does anyone know how to book independent at Barras?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2009, 04:05:41 AM »
Good question, but I think he may be under contract - we can ask!!

don

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »

George has apartments next door to the Perros that he rents independently.  No pool though!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 03:12:57 PM »

George has apartments next door to the Perros that he rents independently.  No pool though!
I must have just got the wrong impression - thought they had some rooms they let independently at the Barras.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009, 07:07:04 PM »
I can check for you if you like - my 'other half ' works there. Actually I don't know about the 'work ' bit,  8) but he goes there every day! And on a Greek Night you might actually get him to dance among the flames with his beret on - if he's in a good mood!!  ::)

Don't know if they have apartments for private rent actually on site as they are contracted but they may have the odd one or two kept aside for private deals. They do have other apartments available privately just before the Perros, out past the tennis courts. If you want their phone number, let me know and I can send you a PM with the details.

Not long now - they're getting organised and open on Friday!

don

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
I can check for you if you like - my 'other half ' works there. Actually I don't know about the 'work ' bit,  8) but he goes there every day! And on a Greek Night you might actually get him to dance among the flames with his beret on - if he's in a good mood!!  ::)

Don't know if they have apartments for private rent actually on site as they are contracted but they may have the odd one or two kept aside for private deals. They do have other apartments available privately just before the Perros, out past the tennis courts. If you want their phone number, let me know and I can send you a PM with the details.

Who is your other half? Nicos?

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 12:03:07 AM »
Holistica....... are you running the shop opposite olive press.... lovely crystals and oils etc ?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 03:31:22 AM »
Holistica....... are you running the shop opposite olive press.... lovely crystals and oils etc ?
That's Gwen - Very nice Lady - we always have a chat and buy some oils each year from her.

don

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »
That's Gwen - Very nice Lady - we always have a chat and buy some oils each year from her.

Sure that's not Olive?

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

Yes thats me - thought I recognised your face!!

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »

Yep - thats the one! Just to warn you - his hair was short last year - and very nice! He just announced last night he wasn't getting it cut again ( it grew a bit in the winter !!). Oh no !........... why do some greek men persist with this long hair thing???? Makes you wonder ........?!

don

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

Yep - thats the one! Just to warn you - his hair was short last year - and very nice! He just announced last night he wasn't getting it cut again ( it grew a bit in the winter !!). Oh no !........... why do some greek men persist with this long hair thing???? Makes you wonder ........?!
We missed the old pony tail last year! They do serve a purpose..... like horse's tails they shoosh the flies away!

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
Oh don't even go there !!!!

The old pony tail was cut off on May Day last year and it was wrapped and put away. Its still in the cupboard and can't for the life of me think what he's going to do with it!!

Don't you encourage him to grow it again ....PLEASE!! It goes into ringlets! Bit like Nellie Olsen's on Little House On the Prairie!

don

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »
Oh don't even go there !!!!

The old pony tail was cut off on May Day last year and it was wrapped and put away. Its still in the cupboard and can't for the life of me think what he's going to do with it!!

Don't you encourage him to grow it again ....PLEASE!! It goes into ringlets! Bit like Nellie Olsen's on Little House On the Prairie!

Ok, I'll behave ..... just let him know we will see him on 26th june and we just can't wait.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni