Author Topic: What will be the New Fashion Leader on the Beach '09 ::)  (Read 182588 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the New Fashion Leader on the Beach '09 ::)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »
 ::) - Poor Old DON!!
I am sure he will reply as soon as the full moon comes up!!
I hope I never get on the wrong side of you girls - Don must have 20 knives in his back by now!!
Still it is funy!!!
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
Oh come on Tony, less of the OLD, I'm only 25 months off my free bus pass. The young ladies, and I use the word young, under fear for my life! go back a long way. About 1600 miles to be exact... don't know their other measurements! They are though in all honesty to lovely young ladies. If you knew their husbands you would say the same!
They will probably kill me now...... with love and kindness obviously  ::) ;D ::)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »
Glad the words young ladies was in there for us eh Sue. lol!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 02:51:56 AM »
Oh come on Tony, less of the OLD, I'm only 25 months off my free bus pass. The young ladies, and I use the word young, under fear for my life! go back a long way. About 1600 miles to be exact... don't know their other measurements! They are though in all honesty to lovely young ladies. If you knew their husbands you would say the same!
They will probably kill me now...... with love and kindness obviously  ::) ;D ::)
Nothing in life is free - Oh and at age 60 you get £300 grant toward a new Boiler from D E F R A -
Will the Bus pass work in Corfu?
I am a little confused about the 1600 miles bit - explain that one?
Also Husbands generally have a huge cross to bear (e.g. I married as a teen - married 40 years now and scars to prove it),
so I can sympathise with your and their husbands hardship!!
(Just Joking Girls - before I cop it as well!!)
Tony C

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
I think some OAPS can qualify for a complete new boiler under some government schemes as well!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:14 PM »
Can I swap my "Old Boiler" after June then!!!!

Also 40 years of wedded something or other in September for John & I.

Thank you sooooo much Don for the "Young ladies" mention. Jules and I will remove a few knives now!!!!

As for the Tankini fashion statement I think the white tan lines would be interesting don't you?? ;D ;D :o :o

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Nothing in life is free - Oh and at age 60 you get £300 grant toward a new Boiler from D E F R A -
Will the Bus pass work in Corfu?
I am a little confused about the 1600 miles bit - explain that one?
Also Husbands generally have a huge cross to bear (e.g. I married as a teen - married 40 years now and scars to prove it),
so I can sympathise with your and their husbands hardship!!
(Just Joking Girls - before I cop it as well!!)
Tony C

Some surreal ref to the distance from GB to Corfu and muddling with the vital statistics of my 2 favourite YOUNG LADIES LOL

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 02:32:09 AM »
Maybe 1600 from your house Don but it is less from Lincoln = more miles around Jules & I  ( knives gone back in) :'( :'( :'(
Sue & John

don

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 11:11:27 AM »
Now Sue! just what fashion statement will you and Jules be sending to the waiting world this year? Only sorry we won't get to see you this year x x  :'(

Tonyco1... I'm sitting here reminiscing about the first time I saw Jules and Sue. Let me tell you about it...... It was a typically sultry San Stefanos evening, the stars were bright in the still Ionian night, the frogs were serenading us with their delicate mating call. Over all this the age old moon looked down on all this splendour in a big brotherly sort of way (minus the bad language obviously)!  It was just such a scene when I first set eyes on my two most dear friends, remember how much brandy and babycham used to cost?
There I was standing at the bottom of the steps from the Silver Star and wistfully looking up the village street  towards the Athens Bar, it was nearly time for my cocoa! All of a sudden I was stopped dead in my tracks, try that when sober and standing still. My eyes were entranced by the twin visions sashaying towards me. Oh the vision, you should have been there! Two young ladies dressed in very similar attire, both in crocheted dresses and delicate ankle boots.
Well I was so taken by this twin vision of femininity I asked the fair Sandra for my Jack Duckworths ( too long a tale for here, perhaps the two fair maids could fill you in. God they are well muscled). Now I could see I noticed that my eye sight was a bit poor, probably age, myopia and copious amounts of village wine. Only €7 for 5 litres at the Paradise Supermarket----NO ADVERTISING PLEASE. The twin objects of my attention were wearing string vests and hobnail boots. My what a stirring sight they made.

As you can tell they are amongst my "youngest" and dearest friends... God the fee they charge to enable me to call them that !   xxxxxxx love you girls xxxxxx
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:13:13 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »
Now Sue! just what fashion statement will you and Jules be sending to the waiting world this year? Only sorry we won't get to see you this year x x  :'(

Tonyco1... I'm sitting here reminiscing about the first time I saw Jules and Sue. Let me tell you about it...... It was a typically sultry San Stefanos evening, the stars were bright in the still Ionian night, the frogs were serenading us with their delicate mating call. Over all this the age old moon looked down on all this splendour in a big brotherly sort of way (minus the bad language obviously)!  It was just such a scene when I first set eyes on my two most dear friends, remember how much brandy and babycham used to cost?
There I was standing at the bottom of the steps from the Silver Star and wistfully looking up the village street  towards the Athens Bar, it was nearly time for my cocoa! All of a sudden I was stopped dead in my tracks, try that when sober and standing still. My eyes were entranced by the twin visions sashaying towards me. Oh the vision, you should have been there! Two young ladies dressed in very similar attire, both in crocheted dresses and delicate ankle boots.
Well I was so taken by this twin vision of femininity I asked the fair Sandra for my Jack Duckworths ( too long a tale for here, perhaps the two fair maids could fill you in. God they are well muscled). Now I could see I noticed that my eye sight was a bit poor, probably age, myopia and copious amounts of village wine. Only €7 for 5 litres at the Paradise Supermarket----NO ADVERTISING PLEASE. The twin objects of my attention were wearing string vests and hobnail boots. My what a stirring sight they made.

As you can tell they are amongst my "youngest" and dearest friends... God the fee they charge to enable me to call them that !   xxxxxxx love you girls xxxxxx
Very funny ha ha Don. :P
As for my fashion statement this year it will be to have smaller outfits as I am on a diet and so far have lost nearly a stone. More room in case for extra gear. Yippee ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »
Don - what an enchanting sight that must have been,
Walking up the street with twin turrets on display through string vests, only marginally marred by hobnail boots.
They must have been the talk of the town!!
No wonder you got slightly pixalated on the street corner.
I now realise that it was you we saw waiting in hope - night after night - every year since -
on the steps - hoping for the annual replay!!
Linda says that it explains the "Animal" look about you!!
I will definately bring the camera this year!!
Tony C

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 03:16:35 AM »
The Gloves are off now Don!!! :P :-\ :P :P :o

Lets start with the "Jack Duckworths"  the reason Dons glasses are called that is, without them he didn't see what he was sitting on ::) ::) ::) 

Crocheted dresses and ankle boots x 2 you say we were wearing, no mention of your outfit then If I remember correctly,
White socks+sandals+white tight shorts+ Orange Glow string vest and a Stoke on Trent FC scarf casually flung around his neck. And still he managed to look handsome ::) ::) ::)

So Tony keep your eye out for this strange looking man. All the locals seem to like him though ( can't understand why!!!)

Love you really Don 
Sue & John

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »
Well done Sue. I just couldn't think how to reply to what Lord San Stefanos had put!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol ;)

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »
Don't you mean "Laird Don of San Stefanos" ::) ::) ::)
Sue & John

don

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 11:04:50 PM »
For a minute then I thought you'd put "lard Don"  ???

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni