Your help and reviews are required > Information and help please

Avliotes Pharmacy

(1/2) > >>

Lesley:
I posted today on another popular social media site but for those not on this...Just to  let you all know as well as the Pharmacy now over in Arillas the Avliotes Chemist has re-opened.  I don't have opening hours as yet as it was their 1st day today but when I am next passing will check and report back.

Dupnica:
Heard rumours when I was there last year that we were going to have a pharmacy in Agios Stefanos, now that would be useful.

Lesley:
Whilst I agree a pharmacy would be a good addition for our visitors, we need to look at this as is it a viable business venture? You would need to rent if not having your own property for 12 months and no doubt the same for the business license as a Pharmacist. With pre Covid being 5 months the other 7 months it would be idle? A handful of people whom live in resort as their year round base go to the nearest village to visit the doctor for their prescription so again there is no doctor outside holiday time in the resort area.?  Another consideration.
Whilst summer months should there be a chemist in resort unless you have a doctors prescription you can't just wander in unless perhaps you have your repeat prescription from your own doctor with you. 
Maybe one day someone will take the gamble ?????

Jimbo:
I don't think it's viable either. Most tourists will only need drugs in an emergency.

When I had bronchitis in September the doctor came to the little clinic in the village and gave me what I needed for one night. The next day they brought the rest of the drugs and an inhaler to the clinic. The emergency care is there, and if it's not an emergency Avliotes is ten minutes on the bus. The cost of buildings, staff and stock would make it totally unviable.

Grounded:
Hi. My wife and i arrived from New Zealand last night. Sadly my luggage is still somewhere in canada, along with the bulk of my medication. Assuming it does not turn up soon, i will be in some difficulty. If i can get a script emailed from my practice in Auckland, would a/ the local,pharmacy dispense it?.
Also, i have no clothes!!! :'(
Many thanks
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version