Author Topic: How long have you been a member?  (Read 16293 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: How long have you been a member?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:28 AM »
Yes - It's like a second home. You arrive, and instantly relax. And you're among friends.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 12:05:16 PM »
Hi All,  I joined 2014  :)

Offline stemel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 10:49:28 AM »
Hi I joined 2015 but been going since 2008, just love the place

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »
Hi I joined 2015 but been going since 2008, just love the place

Hello you two! Hope you are well!

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 04:05:08 PM »
I joined in 2010. My then boyfriend brought me for the first time in 2008 and we stopped at the top of Heart Attack Hill at the Romanza. Beautiful hotel but the weather was rainy all week so we never got to the beach, apart from one walk down there via the cliff path-by the time we got back to the Romanza we were around 3 inches taller as we had so much sludge stuck to our shoes! Luckily I forgave him cos the next time we came he was my fiancé and the time after my husband-also luckily we discovered the Vicky otherwise I think I would have refused to go any more!  ;D

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 05:06:01 PM »
Joined the forum in 2010 ..around about the time we became repeat visitors. I recall I used to be critical of holiday makers who returned to the same place..how wrong can you be! Holidays can be therapeutic in two ways I think...discovering the new...fresh finds , new experiences, all quite exciting. Then of course there’s the safe  reset button of San Stef , familiar faces, guaranteed relaxation , security and peace of mind.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 02:41:31 AM »
February 2010

We'd just booked the Romanza for our first ever visit.
First people i spoke to on here were Tony Cox and Carl Baron and im still good mates with both of them. In fact hopefully will be there celebrating Carl's big 6 0 with him in August

Also Yannis from Whitby helped me out, he left the forum after a row over sunbeds! Who remembers that!?

First forum member a met was a girl called Lilly.... Been talking on her for a while on here as we were going on the same day. Turns out she ended up sitting behind me on the plane!
Sellsy was also there at the Romanza that time round

Tony Cox had forum wristbands made so we could be indentified lol

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 08:13:04 PM »
I remember the wrist bands Gav. Seems like an age ago.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2020, 11:42:37 PM »
Unfortunately a lot of forum members have left due to heated debates in the past,hence I just read and don't make comments.Stay safe all.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2020, 11:54:42 PM »
I don't think that's quite correct. They left to have heated debates on Facebook!

geordieborn

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2020, 12:41:48 AM »
Unfortunately a lot of forum members have left due to heated debates in the past,hence I just read and don't make comments.Stay safe all.

I'm sure you are quite correct Gill, but they are silly in doing so. Really when you think about it. It’s madness to come on a forum and just because it’s based on AS to think the people will be all nice and as we believe we all are when in AS. They were never going to be, and many I know I would avoid in AS, and I’m sure many would want to avoid me...! :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 12:54:48 AM »
Joined February 2007 when we had been coming to SS for 7 years. Don't post as often as I used to now but still always have a read to what is going on.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

geordieborn

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2020, 01:53:17 AM »
Joined February 2007 when we had been coming to SS for 7 years. Don't post as often as I used to now but still always have a read to what is going on.
A super hero... Only one person has more posts.... I bow Jules, 'cos that's a lot of time and work :)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2020, 02:40:09 AM »

Heated debates? yep undoubtedly but always with a degree of respect I think. Nice to know you still read stuff though Gill.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »
Joined on 4th May 2014.

1st trip to San Stefanos was in 1989 but returned again as a single parent with my then 16 year old daughter in 2006. Once she had enough of her old man cramping her style I want solo several times but now visit with my partner of 10 years, she's loves it and is hooked too, which is just as well or I would have continued coming over myself anyway!  ;D

Don't really post much on here but check on the forum frequently and enjoy reading the posts.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni