Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

Walks North?

(1/5) > >>

Corixa:
First posting :) We are coming out for 2 weeks on 20th Sept staying at the Romanza. I have seen the great information on this site for walks South to Arillas, Afionas and Port Timoni which we will certainly try. However I have been looking at the maps and wondered if it is possible to walk North to Avliotes and Peroulades without using what looks like a fairly major road?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

maggiesaes:
I have only ever used the'main' road which is not very major if you know what I mean.

Might see you there,we'll be out on 16th for 2 weeks down at Little Prince.

Jimbo:
Welcome to the forum!

It's possible to walk up through olive groves from the centre of the village - but from Romanza it makes more sense to go to Avliotes. If the traffic worries you, you can hop on a bus. Get off in Avliotes and walk down from the village square about 100 yards. There's a little, very quiet, road that goes steeply down to the left. That leads to Peroulades and Logos Beach, where there's a very nice bar, restaurant and viewing area. It's a lovely walk. If you're adventurous you can continue from Peroulades on to Sidari, and get a bus back from there.

Alternatively, walk back to Avliotes and have a nice lunch or beer in Ilios taverna, which is open all year and mostly patronised by locals, so it's very authentic and not tourist modified.

From Avliotes you can walk down through the olive groves and emerge near Sliver Moon. That's a great walk, but wear good walking shows. We saw one woman attempt it in flip-flops. and she was in tears by the time she made it to the bottom.

If you are fit, another good walk is to Afionas - over the ridge to Arillas and then a long climb to the beautiful village that superb views from high over Arillas, St George's and the islands.

I can give you more details if you want.

telford_mike:
Good thread. We're coming for the first time on the 18th and hope to get a lot of walking done.

Corixa:
Thanks for the responses - we are quite fit and do walk quite a lot. We will bring appropriate footwear and we will definitely walk to Afionas and probably on to Ag. Georgios.

Anymore tips/advice gratefully received :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version