Author Topic: 2020 holidays  (Read 47960 times)

Online Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 holidays
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 01:10:39 PM »
You never can tell Maggie, ours may change again, but I'm happy with the price we paid.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »
I think you just have to accept it Karen.
We ‘Book early to avoid disappointment’ as they say and we are pleased to get what we want.

Online Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 04:36:39 PM »
Yes Maggie,we always book early to get what we want.  We are really looking forward to having a change next year and going to Little Prince!  John will be able to go next door for his paper and we will be nearer Nafsica, where we tend to eat.  We will still walk down to ASPA Supermarket for our groceries, as we have known the family for many years. :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 09:37:06 PM »
We use Aspa as well as a couple of others,we too have known them for over 20 years and Little Prince is in a good spot,
We changed to staying there two years ago and have stayed four times.

Never eaten in Nafsica though in all those years.

Online Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:15 PM »
Little Prince is certainly more central than Silver Moon. The only thing is, we finish our evening at Athens bar and then just wander over the road, so slightly further to walk! We love Nafsica, food is very good at its a very rustic taverna :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 12:43:51 PM »
I may just get OH to try next year,we just ever actually think of it as a specific eating place,there are so many 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 04:16:48 PM »
A few picky points: Aspa is uphill from Little Prince; from Athens Bar to Little Prince is an easy stagger downhill; Nafsika is one of the best places to eat in Agios Stefanos, but I doubt if Spiros would be pleased with "rustic" because he aspires, at its best, to fine dining. From time to time Spiros makes us a "special" lunch of quite exceptional adventure and beauty. He takes basic Greek food and tries to elevate it. But he will also produce a truly genuine Greek experience - such as rabbit stifado of about 10 on the taste scale. The thing is, Spiros is always happy at a day or two's notice to make something special in the "specials" menu and tell you when you shall have it.

Maggie - it's far more than a hotel. I know you have mobility problems, but if you can make it to Nafsika, do give it a try. Best time is after 8:45 pm, because residents eat between 7 and 9. 

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 06:07:06 PM »
Jimbo it’s more Andy than me.I have so much metal in me that as long as I am ‘oiled’ I get about. ;D
I have pointed out we can hire a buggy from Spiros And Aris,we only have to email and he’d save it for us.
We do get up for Yannis fab kebabs but in the evenings he likes to be nearer ‘home’ in the evenings after a tincture or two ::)

Rabbit is a great favourite of mine and George who used to have the Mistral used to make a really good one.We used to eat there very often in those days,
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 06:09:03 PM by maggiesaes »

Online Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »
I'm sure we will work it out Jim, at least we won't be nearly falling in the pool, on our way back to our apartment, after a couple of sherrys.  Nafsica is definitely rustic! :)  Maggie I would think you would love it, but you have to go downhill and then up again on the way home!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2019, 11:52:57 PM »
Or sleep by the pool ;D

Online Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2019, 12:09:27 PM »

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2019, 05:37:52 AM »
Anatoli for us this year, 30th July for two weeks. Not stayed there before and rebooked flights with BA after the Thomas Cook collapse. We also noticed a small number of different type of clientele in resort this August, and not for the better. There was a guest at Teresa’s who was extremely rude and disrespectful to staff, was actually quite aggressive.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2019, 08:26:52 AM »
I hope it has just been a one off,I would hate it to become the Norm.

geordieborn

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2019, 01:17:36 PM »
I hope it has just been a one off,I would hate it to become the Norm.
I hate to say this, but I think people all over the world have become more intolerant and aggressive in recent years and it is getting worse! Shades of the 1930’s (only from what I’ve read of course :) ) Sad!

Online Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »
We were there last July and there were a group of Americans there, think they are related to someone in the village. One thug attacked his sister in Zorbas and again in Athens, whilst we were in there. Bar staff chucked him out. Didn't see them this year. Disgraceful behaviour.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni