Author Topic: help on where to stay  (Read 14506 times)

Offline panterlott

• View Profile
help on where to stay
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »
Hi all new to the forum i have stayed in ss 5 times package every time,this year looking to maybe diy, our party consists of 2 adults and 4 children if anyone has any ideas this would be a great help, looking at late july/august. many thanks....

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: help on where to stay
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:22:39 PM »
Hi panterlott.

Sorry i cant offer any advice re your requirements but have you tried contacting Noula at San Stefano Travel? If anybody knows of any apartments in the village that will sleep 6, then it will be Noula.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:27:51 AM »
Hi Panterlot,

'Christina' apartments have accomodation for up to six people. They have lovely views over the bay without a steep climb up an hill so your children if young won't have to walk so far but you will still get the amazing views. the apartments are just 2 minutes from the beach. I know the prices are very reasonable so google ' Christina apartments sans stefanos' and have a look and see what you think, the website has all the info that you need plus contact form to check availability etc, the website also shows lots of photo's both internally and externally of the apartments and the lovely views accross the bay. You also have use of the Fedra Mare hotel pool and bar if required and it is situated behind  the Christina apartments, fedra Mare is only a very  small hotel so there will be no noise and I believe Christina's brother runs the hotel so it is very family orientated.
Hope this helps, good luck.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:35:23 AM by lilly »

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:43:45 AM »
Just to say that Christina aparmtnets didn't have the use of fedra Mare pool last year. Dimitris decided to keep it just for his fedra Mare guests.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:50 AM »
Thanks Debra for the update on Fedra Mare, most of the other hotels/apartments in SS do as you know allow non-residents to use the pools/bar for free if they purchase drinks or lunch so panterlott will still have plenty of choice nearby if he/she wants to spend a day around a pool  with the added bonus of the lovely beach being on their doorstep if he/she decides on Christina's apartments.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 01:32:27 AM »
You could always use the very nice Nafsika pool, which is close by and does allow aliens in.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 11:34:34 PM »
I agree with Jimbo on that - when he landed - (from another Galaxy) they let him in - he even stayed there.

Joking apart (not joking about Jimbo - he really is an alien), with the exceptions of Fedre Mare last year, and the Hotel Delphino, all pools allow you to use their facilities,
but you are expected to spend money behind the bar or for lunch - only fair really!!

Otherwise the beach is always available.......
Noula, http://www.san-stefano.gr/  also has a large apartment at Theodosia for six, and also speak to Lesley on this forum, who has lots of contacts..
Tony

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:53:53 AM »
Pool-sharing is one of the really nice things about the village. It's part of the idea of a relaxed and easy attitude, and why we like it so much.

As an alien, I have always felt welcome. Some places resent visitors from Planet Of The Beautiful.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 02:00:32 AM »
certainly a beautiful mind!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline panterlott

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »
thanks for all your replies, can anyone tell me is it best to book flight or rooms first

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »
Personally I would always book flights first.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »
Hi,

We provisionally booked the accomodation first and they held it for us until we sorted our flights out a week later and we did not have to pay a deposit for the accomodation until we had booked our flights, we had already been looking at the flights available for our dates so we already had a good idea of prices,flight times etc. We were very fortunate because the flight prices had came down by £200 on the day that we booked them and by the next day they had gone back up again but if you see the price that you are happy/willing to pay then I would just book the flights to ensure that you get the availibility/flight times/airport choice that you want, you can then update your chosen accomodation with your flight times and arrange a taxi transfer if required.

Offline panterlott

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 01:10:56 PM »
have been looking at easyjet flights from luton started at 750 for 5 now 1200 for 5 gone up in 1 week is this common

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
Think it must be panterlott. Some friends of ours booked there flights last week for £600 + and a week later are over £900 + for 3 of them
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »
easyjet never go down if they do go lower than what you payed you can a voucher for the difference from them

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni