Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

How I found San Stefanos.!!!

<< < (2/21) > >>

Cerys:
I have to be honest and admit that I didn't find San Stefanos, my parents did! It was our second holiday abroad (the first being a camping holiday in France, oh joy!) and we journeyed through the night to get here. Our coach collected us from the airport and drove us to our allocation on arrival accommodation. My parents exchanged worried looks as my brother and I slept through the winding, cliff top adventure! We arrived and dived straight into bed, no knowing what on earth to expect when we woke up. It was the sound of the lapping waves that woke us a few hours later. My parents opened the curtains and we all looked out from the balcony, completely dumb struck. From that moment we knew we had found our piece of paradise. We made our way down what is now known as cardiac hill from The Romanza and found Leos Pool (now Thomas Bay) and instantly made life long friends. I have so many fond memories from the past 20 years that followed from our first visit when I was only 3 years old!! The fact that I have now chosen to make a life here, as so many others have also done is testament to the warmth and friendliness of the area, as well as its overwhelming beauty. Where else on earth would I want to be!? 

Gavlah1973:
We loved Greece and it was getting around to booking our annual holiday. My wife came back from work one day and said a lad who she worked with had recommended a place that his parents had just returned from. Corfu had never appealed as I didnt think it seemed exotic enough (anything described as green and lush usually means wet and akin to Yorkshire in my book!)
Anyway I went onto the computer and looked at the Romanza which was the hotel where this guys parents had just returned from.
Within an hour it was booked and countdown was on to hols around 6 months later!
Upon arrival we were struck by the chilled out atmosphere of the Romanza, being late at night on changeover day it was quiet. Andreas had just bought us a nightcap and we were ready for bed! It was then that the late flight arrived.....around 10 folk who all knew each other and were returning!!

Over the next couple of weeks much fun was had around that pool!! The 9 Muses in Kefalonia will always hold a special place in our hearts as thats where we honeymooned and we will be returning there this summer but we hope to hopefully return to the Romanza in 2013 as the hotel and village were great

Karen:
My husband found it with a previous partner ??? back in early 90's. We got together in 1998 and used to holiday on a Greek island each summer.  Went to Zante, Kefalonia for honeymoon, Lesvos (twice) which we loved.  It was very much like Ag Stef at that time.  We then decided on Corfu and went to Sidari, which was not really our kind of place.  So the next year we went to Ag Stef on hubby's recommendation and I fell in love with it.  That was 2004 and we have returned every year ever since!  John saw quite a few changes since his earlier visit but still loved it! We always stay at Stamatis Apartments as Tom is very helpful and kind, as are most other people in the village.  Haven't booked for this year yet.

Richard/Jackie/Nathan:
First went in 1991 with my ex wife when I had been working away for a couple of months and just went into the travel agent and booked a last minute deal. Went back most years with her and then when we split up I persuaded jackie to try it and fortunately she loves it and we have been most years since 2003.

Denise:
We like quiet, friendly places and so late 2010 we booked our holiday in San Stef for 2011 for the first time.
We'd done quite a bit of research before booking and just hoped we'd got it right!!
I then found this forum and had lots of wonderful advice from all of you.
I couldn't resist booking Terezas even though we don't normally book anything up a hill, but after watching the video
for it, I just couldn't get away from those wonderful views. I'm so glad we found this wonderful place and we're going back again
on August 31st. We met Angela (Sunshine) and her husband last year and this year I'm looking to meeting Jules and her husband.
Once again, I can't wait to get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version