Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

How I found San Stefanos.!!!

<< < (3/21) > >>

Tredegar Boy:
Discovered San Stef by chance back in 2003 when looking to book a holiday for the summer of 2004. Went to a First Choice shop having found the Rose Gardens in their brochure. No one in the shop had heard of San Stef and they had never previously booked anyone into the Rose Gardens either. Not ideal circumstances but we decided to go for it anyway. Well I'm glad we did.

This year will be our 9th visit having stayed twice at the Rose Gardens, once at Delfino Blu (I think we were a bit flushed that year ;)) and every visit since to the fantastic Fedra Mare. San Stef - great place, people, food, sunshine, ambience, environment, beach, sea, taverna's, bar's and more than anything else it's always relaxing and chilling.

I hope we can afford it next year!   

debra:
I had always dreamed of Corfu, right from my secondary school days as our Head Mistress was related to the Durrells and filled my mind with visions of beauty - actually I think my Junior School head first used to teach us Greek Tales (boring to me then) and the idea of all those islands took place in my imagination.

I remember getting brochures before I was married and yearning to go the Hotel Paleokastrista - I don't know what happened - we travelled to many places but not to Corfu - lots of other Greek Islands (Kos, Crete, Zante, Rhodes, Cyprus, The Balearics etc but NOT Corfu. Then in 2002 my friend went to Ag Stef and stayed in the newly opened Hotel Athina - I asked her to look around for me and she bought me a little booklet that she had got from San Stef Travel (still got it).  She loved her holiday but said catergorically that a week was long enough as there was nothing much to do.  Bingo.  Just what we wanted.  We got a last minute peak season booking and was so lucky to be in the Hotel Nafsika.  We arrived at midnight, Speros made us a delicious sandwich, we went to bed and got up to the lovely view of the beach.  I wasn't totally wowed.................Ag Stef just slowly grew on us, every day we relaxed a little more.  We had a room facing the back, closed the doors, air con on and never stirred until the sound of the music after nine and the lovely Vangelis and his lovely jubbly awoke us.  As the days went by, the colours of the sea began to dazzle and mesmorise me - it was different every day - I couldn't believe it was all over after two weeks - I was so chilled out - I went back to school to a training day and had no memory of anything before -  My love affair with Ag Stef, it's beauty, it's friendliness, the space on the beach (even in school holidays), the food, had begun and it has never ceased.  It is hard to explain to others the hold Ag Stef has for me - have had friends who have gone and not really liked it!  How strange.

Rod:
Debra,

That is beautiful.  Your descrption was so ....well... descriptive.  Your love of the place comes across just right.  My first time at San Stef was a long time ago, same time as Tony I think.  However, I always feel reluctant to elaborate about my first stay in San Stef as I was with a different lady then (well it was over 20 years ago).  But if the other forum members dont mind me elaborating, then........   ;D

Denise:
Debra , I really enjoyed your post. Last year was our first year and like you we had been to several  other Greek islands . Our favourite place up until last year was Potamia in the Vasilikos area of Zakynthos. We too fell in love with Agios Stefanos and booked again for this year as soon as we got home. Beautiful place and beautiful people.

CHRIS NO 2:
I found san steph about the same time ish as tony.went with Ilios island hols stayed with Theo (up opp Manthos )Airport omg men with guns in the shade got your cases out the front from the carts.then on the coach got to san steph mid afternoon and thought what have we let our selfs in for its a ghost town.but after a night in Manthos green shack and pay me later and trying to pay the next day it was getting better.we had breakfast at the golden beach (egg on toast ) only place to get food am.we also had a choice where to eat at night it was Manthos Waves Naffisca or Barras all were good and still are.no pools just the sea oh and the white van on the beach and windsurfing (anyone rem tony )

well that was with the first wife.took a chance and took 2nd wife to Arillas as I love Corfu so much went for broke and walked over the hill to san steph after a 10 year gap it was like we had not been away 2nd wife said why arnt we staying here and we have been since

im not good at writing things down and have prob missed loads but im glad i found san steph (thanks bert )

Any one wanting a nice afternoon with a cold beer overlooking the sea Manthos has loads of pics from years back a young me and i have seen tony in one or two

Chris no 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version