Author Topic: Newbie - Delfino Blu  (Read 64561 times)

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie - Delfino Blu
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 10:42:05 PM »
The whole idea of a forum is to exchange views amongst other adults. If people have a gripe, did'nt enjoy their meal or did not like their chosen accomodation then surely they should be able to express their opinion just has those who have enjoyed a meal etc are given the freedom to give praise.

I completely agree lilly, we went to San Stef last year for the first time only because after reading the reviews we thought the village was the place for us. We tried different places to eat on recomendation from the forum and was blown away with 99% of them. This year we gave the place we didnt rate last year another chance and yet again we were disappointed so we didnt go back. The forum is here to share negs/positives equally and judging by the reviews the positives out-weigh the negatives anyway otherwise I would never have returned this year with an extra 2 peeps in tow  8)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »
I have to agree with Yiannis as well, being a local person when you read often harsh comments about people you know and love who are working long, hot and hard hours to earn (scrape) a living it is difficult to take on the chin (is that the right expression)!! Crisitism of a constuctive nature is always the right thing otherwise you cannot learn from your mistakes, whatever country you live and work in.  So I do believe as long as you have made your feelings also known to those you are critisising before doing so publicly beforehand.  Also please remember a lot of local people apart from being too busy to be on line all day, often do not have the resources to be on line and look, so do let them know on a face to face 1-1, good or bad feedback and then if you feel everyone needs to know let them.....

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »
Just for you Tony.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gavlah1973

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »
I'll get mine on the plane!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 12:15:21 AM »
Gavlah, will look forward to it, not sure your wife will be pleased though!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2010, 12:26:53 AM »
Good grief!  What's happening people?  Calm down calm down.  Actually in all seriousness I can see all points of view.  I would hate to be in an (expensive) establishment and struggle to find a sunbed or whatever.  I despise holiday makers who use another hotel/apartments facilities whilst they "sleep" elsewhere.  BUT I have been known to occassionally to use another pool when it has been within their rules etc;  This is only done as a last resort as the wife feels very uncomfortable doing this.  Love the debate though as the forum was getting a little repetitive and stale.   ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
Ahhhhh!! Thanks Lilly - - I needed that!!
Gav - get back in the queue!!

Rod - we are sending you a curry!! (and a pair of sunbeds of your own - get your own umbrella though!!).

I think we've done the pools to death now!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »
If the forum is simply an arm of PR, then it has no point at all - it might as well be a glossy brochure for a soon-to-fail travel company. Given that 99% of what is written here gushing praise for everything about SS, its people, its accommodation, its bars, its cats and its dogs, I find it quite refreshing when somebody points out that it's possible to get a bad meal in paradise, because a few hints of criticism make the rest more credible.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2010, 03:14:33 AM »
I was a bit flippant above, but on a serious note, I do have a problem with people making mischief, lying or being nasty -
but I have no problem myself with constructive criticism, and on bad customer service - I vote with my feet and generally don't go back.
Sometimes people have a bad day and being human, may drop a few points on the customer service measure.
Holiday resorts are a people business, and I deal with people all day long at work, customers and staff, the principle is always the same.

Dissatisfaction is often more than balanced by the lots of positive posts, as shown above!
If I go somewhere and receive poor service or am offended by someone, I am sure I would like to say so.
(I would have complained to the Hotel Manager or Restaurant Owner as well at the time).
I would however, explain it calmly, & put it in a form that was fair & balanced, but that's me!

What was shown in this stream, was that on one or two occasions, customer service appears to fall below the standard expected and caused offence,
it seems like a one off, but if not, no mater how good someone is - the boss needs to know and stop it as it hurts business.
No different to getting a bad meal - I would take it up as I am paying and expect good food and good service, but it all depends on the circumstances.
We don't want Faulty Towers in San Stefanos!
I think most adults are capable of drawing their own conclusions from the big picture that gets drawn here, which is why the forum works.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
I have to agree with Yiannis as well, being a local person when you read often harsh comments about people you know and love who are working long, hot and hard hours to earn (scrape) a living it is difficult to take on the chin (is that the right expression)!! Crisitism of a constuctive nature is always the right thing otherwise you cannot learn from your mistakes, whatever country you live and work in.  So I do believe as long as you have made your feelings also known to those you are critisising before doing so publicly beforehand.  Also please remember a lot of local people apart from being too busy to be on line all day, often do not have the resources to be on line and look, so do let them know on a face to face 1-1, good or bad feedback and then if you feel everyone needs to know let them.....
Hi Lesley
The only comment I have to make on your posting.
I wish I had been the one who wrote it.
Yammas
Yannis

YANNIS26

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
Ahhhhh!! Thanks Lilly - - I needed that!!
Gav - get back in the queue!!

Rod - we are sending you a curry!! (and a pair of sunbeds of your own - get your own umbrella though!!).

I think we've done the pools to death now!!
Hi Tony
I agree with you when you say a lot of the negative comments are done tongue in cheek as the above posting.The ones I would like to see stop are the really nasty ones and don't kid yourself they do exist.
This will be my last posting on the subject so let us all get back to singing the praises of our San Stefanos and if you have cause for complaint do what Lesley says and take it to the source.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline stockjockey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »
Shellbell, by all means post comments positive and negative about places you have stayed and eaten etc, however the person that posted the rottweiler comment hasn't actually stayed in the Delfino.  I am glad I challenged the comment, even if it was meant tongue in cheek, when reading the post it certainly doesn't read that way.  I would ask forum members to consider when posting comments, that we live and work here and comments like that are just not called for.  We are under constant scrutiny for 6 months and aim to please all our guests, but anyone working with the public will know this is not possible.  Before posting personal comments about someone, please consider the impact it will have on them and their feelings.  I have seen other derogatory comments on other websites about people that live and work in the area, as well as this forum.  Ask yourself this, how would you feel if comments like that were posted on a very public forum, even though you are not named, everyone where you live and work knows the comments are about you?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
stockjockey - professionals have to take criticism. I'm a professional writer, which means everything I do is fair game for critics of all flavours. If it's accurate, fair enough.

Unlike politicians, we don't really get a right of reply. In forty years I've only once complained about a review, when Marina Warner said something on Radio 3 which was factually inaccurate. Hell, I've had a three page attack on one of my screenplays in the Sunday Telegraph magazine (which I must say enhanced my career profile!). I've had the front page of the Mirror. Nowadays we have self-appointed bloggers filling the web with misreadings and personal agendas.

The Mango Bar has stairs which go up to what looks from the beach like an upper bar terrace. I only go halfway up before I was accosted by the bar staff. I then saw a notice at the TOP of the stairs saying that access to the pool bar was only for residents. A more intelligent place for the notice would be at the BOTTOM of the stairs, to avoid embarrassment. Ok - that's a criticism. It's true, and a quick look at the stairs by those permitted will substantiate it. Doing a citizens' arrest on innocent climbers of the stairs does not exactly enhance the image of Delphino Blu.

The key point is that if someone has a bad experience they are entitled to report it truthfully. If it's not truthful, it's a libel. If there are lessons to be learned from adverse comments then all one can do is to assess their worth, take action, and move on. In this case, move the bloody sign!

Offline stockjockey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »
Jimbo, lets not digress from the subject.  If you read my original comment the point i'm trying to make is that the lady that posted the criticism has never actually stayed at the Delfino, but yet she is advising people not to book there,  Why, because she was advised that you cannot cut through the hotel to get to the beach and the pool bar and pool are for residents only and claim she was chased of the premises by a rude Brit, rottweiler.  Like I said, I know the receptionist very well, I find it very hard to believe that she would have been as rude to this lady as is being made out.  If that was the case, she wouldn't last in the job very long.  She has worked there for the last 5 summers.  There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.  However, the comments that were made were personal and totally unnecessary and are on a public forum for the world to see.  Like I said before, the Delfino receptionist is very well known, liked and respected through out the village.  No thought was given from the lady who made the comments about the receptionist's humiliation.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »
Sorry - totally disagree. If that was her perception she's entitled to say it.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni