Author Topic: Newbie - Delfino Blu  (Read 64512 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie - Delfino Blu
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 03:56:01 AM »
Lucky you still had your legs - she usually bites them!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
I remember us trying to get in once and we never tried again
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stockjockey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
I am a local and felt it necessary to comment regarding the 'rottweiler' comment.  I know this lady very well, she is well known, well liked and very well respected within the village.  As we know there are 2 sides to every story, and there has been an exagerration of the events that actually took place.  Delfino is a 4 star hotel which we all know.  The owner does not want anyone using the hotel as a shortcut to the beach.  There are plenty of other ways to access the beach.  The lady in question relayed this to the people concerned.  If people want to take a look around the hotel, the receptionist is happy to do this and will show you one of the rooms, but only if that room has no guests.  It's not possible to take a look inside a room that is occupied for security reasons.  The restaurant and bar are open to non-residents at night, Mango Bar is open all day for non-residents.  The pool and pool bar, as well as the sunbeds are for residents only.  I don't see what the fuss is about that you are not made welcome, there are many, many pools within San Stef that you can go and spend the day.  The owner 'reserves the right to refuse admission ......' exactly the same policy as you have in the UK. What did the 'rottweiler' do to 'chase you off the premises?'  Snap at your legs?  I don't think you should be advising people not to stay at this hotel, as you have never actually stayed there.  Anyone reading the comments should take them with a pinch of salt.  If the Receptionist was rude, she wouldn't stay long in the job.  This is her 5th year there.  All the staff at Delfino are polite and professional, as one would expect from a 4 star hotel. I think the 'rottweiler' comment is totally inappropriate.  How would you feel if someone posted comments on the internet about you, for the world to see, when you are trying to do your job? 

Offline stockjockey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
It all just sounds like 'sour grapes' because people can't freely wander around the hotel!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 01:17:32 PM »
Yes me too, I know the lady receptionist and she has always acted in a most professional way and is well respected in the village. The Delfino Blu is a 4 star hotel in a fantastic location with rooms to match the 4 star grading.  They also have a website and I am sure if you dropped them a line prior or during your stay you could arrange a tour around to see their facilities on site.

Offline madge

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 06:39:20 PM »
I would not normally comment on other peoples views but feel that I should say that on this our first visit to San Stefanos we were looking at other hotels/apartments to stay in the future.  After a fab lunch at Teresa we went down the hill through the cut opposite the Teresa and saw the Delfino.  We went in and the receptionist could not have been more friendly and obliging.  She showed us around the hotel, two different types of room, explained all about the hotel and restaurant, and answered any query professionally and with courtesy.  We could not have been made more welcome.  I also feel that if guests are paying the prices to stay at the Delfino, the resident guests and management have every right to limit pool use etc to the paying guests.  I hope I have not offended the regular users of this site, who all have been wonderful in answering any query we had before our visit, but fair is fair.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 07:18:01 PM »
LIke I said in my previous post

If I'd paid quite a bit more to stop at the Delfino than Tony, for example had at his apartments and then Tony was allowed to come in and use the same pool, toilets, facilities etc then I'd guess I'd be a bit pi$$ed off!
The pool and pool bar area are one of the things I look at first when booking a holiday. Followed by rooms then location.

Nice for each owner I guess who benefits from a double whammy of people to buy food and drink but not great for me if I've paid a lot more for what I'd consider better accomodation. This is common to Greece and I've never really understood it

YANNIS26

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 07:33:30 PM »
Hi Madge
Well said.
I will go a step further and risk offending fellow members of the forum.I hope no member takes this personal but I am getting rather concerned by what I will call unsolicited extremely critical comments that have appeared among the postings in recent days.
Hear are a few of the areas I would put under the above heading.
Delfin Blu
2 Stars
Beachcomer
Jerry James
I do understand this is an open forum and I will support everyones right to their own point of view.The difference between me and some others are that I will only post comment on local businesses that are of a positive nature.If I have negative views on any establishment I keep them to myself and let other people make up their own mind.The only time I would make a negative comment is if I was asked directly for my opinion and then I would make it via PM.
I will leave you with one last thought to ponder.We all say the main thing that makes us return year after year are the local people.Do you not realise the unsolicited and in most cases unfair criticisms can only succeed in alienating them.
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:39:40 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 08:35:39 PM »
Well done Yannis i agree with you some of the comments are a bit over the top have been going to san stef since 1986 and using 2 stars most of the time and not had a bad meal .
Harry

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
The whole idea of a forum is to exchange views amongst other adults. If people have a gripe, did'nt enjoy their meal or did not like their chosen accomodation then surely they should be able to express their opinion just has those who have enjoyed a meal etc are given the freedom to give praise.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »

I do understand this is an open forum and I will support everyones right to their own point of view.
Do you not realise the unsolicited and in most cases unfair criticisms can only succeed in alienating them.
Yammas
Yannis

Understand your concerns Yannis, i've prob been as guilty as anyone on a couple of subjects in your list.

But another way of looking at it is for the businesses to read some of the comments/concerns, digest them and ask themselves if any critricism is justified. If they can then answer "Yes, certain comments are justified" that business then seeks to put things right, which is really taking note of customers' concerns. In the long run they benefit, as people like me (+ others) return and use their services.
Simple rule of business i would say.

YANNIS26

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »
The whole idea of a forum is to exchange views amongst other adults. If people have a gripe, did'nt enjoy their meal or did not like their chosen accomodation then surely they should be able to express their opinion just has those who have enjoyed a meal etc are given the freedom to give praise.
Hi lilly
As I said this is an open forum and every member has a right to criticise who or whatever they wish.All I say is that I reserve the right not to criticise a place for the simple reason it did not suit me.Take the 2 stars as an example it is always very popular, are all the people who use it on a regular basis wrong.Surely a place that served bad meals on a regular basis would have very few return customers.
No hard feelings
Yammas
Yannis

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »
Yannis, no hard feelings at all. xxx :)

YANNIS26

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
Yannis, no hard feelings at all. xxx :)
No hard feelings and kisses . I am impressed
Yammas
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:02 PM »
I just read back through the posts, above, I think most comments were a little tongue in cheek, rather than any serious negative attack on anyone,
lets not over-react! you can't stop people having their opinion and people usually report on a single time / incident in question,
I don't seriously think it was meant as any form of personal attack, and I don't think of the lady as a Rottie because of the post, either!
I don't have any problem with the Delfino pool being reserved for Guests here and as stated, when you pay extra - -etc. - I would feel the same on that!
(thanks for bringing me into that one Gav!! - you could have used Yannis!! LOL)
We mainly use the Beach, as I think the majority do, which is why so many other pool places like other guests to come in & spend money in their pool bars.
It seems to generally equal out.
However, if I paid to stay at a hotel and found I couldn't get beds, due to outsiders, I would take it up with Management and get some form of reservation.
In S S, this has never really been a problem whenever we have stayed there.

Also thanks to Yannis for reminding us that we go there because we like the locals etc. Sometimes we can forget!!
Do I get kisses like Yannis? - because I don't set out to offend anyone either - but lets remember keep a sense of humour going as well!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni