Author Topic: Newbie - Delfino Blu  (Read 64532 times)

Offline bella

• View Profile
Newbie - Delfino Blu
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:36:24 PM »
Hi all

I am about to book Delfino blu for my first trip ever to san stefanos.  Any thoughts?

Offline rgooch

• View Profile
Re: Newbie - Delfino Blu
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:07:20 PM »
I have been looking for somewhere to stay in san stef and have emailed them for prices and availability today, they look very nice, so awaiting reply, :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:55:46 PM »
If you have a mooch through the site - you will find the Delfino was widely discussed.
Summary of majority feelings;
Great Hotel - luxury - private pool - Food not as good as expected for standard of Hotel.
Expensive - !!
Alternatives Via Thomsons; -
Athina Hotel - Thomas Bay Hotel - Terezas - Romanza Hotels' were ''moted'' as far better value with good food.
Other Hotels not same standard of luxury fittings and anyone can use the Pools, but good basic places to stay.
My opinion - I like the Delfino - but not the price - prefer the ultra friendly Thomas Bay - I can easily do 3-4 weeks at another Hotel for the Price of a 2 week stay at delfino and - - - after all, I don't spend much time in the room!!
If you don't mind the price - Go for it!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »
And don't forget Vicky Pool, Andreas and Kapetanios which are also available via www.corfuselections.com this summer as the holiday companies are now only on an allotment basis allowing the small businesses to book directly for the independant travellers......

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:12:46 AM »
Not sure that Thomsons are following this though!
Nice that the rest are!!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »
Hi Bella,

Stayed at Delfino Blu 3 years ago and can confirm the comments about luxury etc however in our experience the place wasn't worth the money we paid (£3000 for 4 people). The pool area is small and not really suitable for lively teenagers. There was a touch of sunbed grabbing early in the day with the culprits not actually using the space until late afternoons (I raised this with some other regular guests who claimed that kind of behaviour was the norm). It is however right on the beach which is where we spent most of our time and we still go back and use their beach bar every year though. The owners and staff are very friendly people and we still had a great time but the price can be a killer (this year we're paying just over £1500 for two weeks plus flights for 4 somewhere else in the resort).

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
This synopsis was echo'd by many others!

Offline Sezza

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 08:30:33 PM »
Hi

We stayed at the Sugar and Almond apartments for our first trip to San Stef last year. These apartments were offered via the Delfino Blu as the hotel was full and we were offered the apartments with use of the hotel and breakfast - this may be offered to you also if you are thinking of booking for the summer as the hotel is only small and gets booked up very early. The Delfino owener, Costas, takes the apartments for the summer to add to his availability.

I cant comment on the rooms at the Deflino but the pool, breakfast and staff are fantastic.  As already commented by others the only drawback was the sunbed grabbing with half the beds having towels put on before breakfast and not used until after lunch.
The public areas and pool are spotless and the staff very efficientt and friendly. Hotel is right on the beach.
The hotel does try and push half board packages - i dont recommend this as there are so many great places to eat in the resort.

I wouldnt hesitate in recommending Delfino Blu or the apartments for a little luxury but there are alternatives a lot less expensive.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 04:24:26 AM »
Are those Apartments the ones next door - to the right of the hotel if looking out towards the beach?

Offline Sezza

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »
Hi

No they are at the opposite end of the beach to the Delfino - they are newly built last year just off the beach just at the start of the steep hill off the main road through San Stef.
Slight uphill walk but nothing major - great views and near the restaurants etc.

don

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
Are they the ones across the road from Fedra Mare & Christina?

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 12:51:37 AM »
think they are up the hill op the supermarket and by the jucie bar

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 12:55:03 AM »
think they are up the hill op the supermarket and by the jucie bar

Dear Oracle............. loved you in Benidorm !!!! But what are those new ones by Fedra?
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 01:24:41 AM »
I remember the Apartments now, just short of the Moros Apts but on the other side of the road and painted white and blue I think!!
Just past (& Opposite) a private villa entrance.

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
ha ha mrs w
the ones by the fedra are owend buy the guy from the romanza.very high spec all mod cons with own swimming pool games room etc sleeps 7 i think

chris

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni