Author Topic: May in San Stef  (Read 12131 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
May in San Stef
« on: February 13, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »
Afternoon All,

Before I sit down to watch the Welsh beat the Scots in Cardiff this afternoon  :) I need some assistance from you knowledgeable folks out there.

On top of our regular fortnight in San Stef in July my wife and I are having an extra week in May because I was recently 50, my wife is 50 when we're there and we have been married 25 years this June. But we've never been to San Stef in May before so what's it like?

Do I have to worry about mozzies?
What can we expect weather wise - day and evening?
What's the night-time temperature?
How busy is it?
Will much be open e.g. all the taverna's, water parks?
How warm is the sea then?

Questions, questions. Ther'e probably more but I can't think of any at the mo.

Thanks in advance for the help.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: May in San Stef
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
Can't help with My in San Stef but would like to congratulate you on your upcoming celebrations :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »
Can't help with My in San Stef but would like to congratulate you on your upcoming celebrations :)

A   Have you lost this Jules?

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:25:36 AM »
i tredegar boy as one welshman to another we were very lucky to win to day if scotland had kicked the ball in touch it still would have been hard on them they played better than wales we made to many mistakes in the first half  and a few in second half same as last week being in the sin bin lost us the game against england ,with scotland,s two being in the sin bin won us the game butwhat a finsh fantactic ogge-ogge-ogge.   about may in san stef we go ever may for the last few years on the 14-28 and we have always found the weather in 70/80 in the day at night you wife needs a top on as for mossie,s not many this time of year entertainment just starting but plenty to do condor bar, but our favourite is the thomas bay hotel kareoke, bingo not you normal game this is a laught every body included the staff are great fun not to be missed and very good eating places around the village the waterpark is at sidari about half hour in car away  but it was open in may last year in all you are going to a little place we regular,s call heaven im sure the forum will agree with that .we might meet each other who knows . mike the swansea jack ,cymru-am byth.

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »
i tredegar boy as one welshman to another we were very lucky to win to day if scotland had kicked the ball in touch it still would have been hard on them they played better than wales we made to many mistakes in the first half  and a few in second half same as last week being in the sin bin lost us the game against england ,with scotland,s two being in the sin bin won us the game butwhat a finsh fantactic ogge-ogge-ogge.   about may in san stef we go ever may for the last few years on the 14-28 and we have always found the weather in 70/80 in the day at night you wife needs a top on as for mossie,s not many this time of year entertainment just starting but plenty to do condor bar, but our favourite is the thomas bay hotel kareoke, bingo not you normal game this is a laught every body included the staff are great fun not to be missed and very good eating places around the village the waterpark is at sidari about half hour in car away  but it was open in may last year in all you are going to a little place we regular,s call heaven im sure the forum will agree with that .we might meet each other who knows . mike the swansea jack ,cymru-am byth.

Thanks carole.mike for being honest and giving the Scots some credit. My husband appreciates it as an oddity after blivinf with the English for many years!
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:53:57 AM »
May in San Stef is usually nice - sometimes a shower, but not often in May.
As above - you may need a jumper in the evenings, some places may not be open  - but 90% + will be.

Lovely on the Beach!! Enjoy and congrats!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
thank you sandra i also live in england chesterfield  for many years but still a true welshman but i believe in a spade for a spade saying .  yammos mike.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
Carole/Mike

We were so lucky. They played far better than us and deserved to win, no mistake. Cooper at scrum-half - makes me weep.

Thanks for the info. We'll be there 21st May so we may bump into you.

We'll be the sad people with our 2 sons with us even though its OUR holiday. Couldn't leave them at home for a week.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »
i tredegar boy in full support of what you say they will after play better next match i can see some changes coming the best player i thought was hook he won most of the ball,  you say you  have two children dont worry they will enjoy them selfs take them to the athina hotel its got the biggest swimming in san stef and they say in corfu its safe for them they have a childrens pool its free to go in its got a snack bar which is reasonable priced its in the centre of the village you would have to hire a car to get to the splash pool in sidari or you could book the trip to there not with the rep,s go to the agency in the village called san/step travel they are very good there and you can change you money there.well i hope this will help just ask any thing and any forum member will help you.     yammos  mike the jack.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 09:15:35 PM »
Mike, I am with you there, even if on opposite side - we love Rugby, and so close to Twickenham!!
We met Zoe on Monday, she was talking about you and sends her best!!
Seems you enjoy the Karaoke as much as I do!! Maybe we'll meet one day there - who knows!! LOL

I totally agree with your comments about booking excursions with Noula in San Stefanos Travel, rather than Thomsons.
Much cheaper and fully insured.
If you hire a car, go to Waterworld, a bit further (30-40 min drive), but huge and much more to do - really great day out!!

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 09:31:37 PM »
In San Stef in May you should see the 'Fire Flys' A 'Blackpool Illuminations' of the natural world

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
We saw them last year in June/July at the Theodosia Apt's Garden!

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »
I've only ever seen them in May, Maybe depends on the weather

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »
I've seen them quite a few times over the years, in Leonidas Apt's Gardens,
Ozzie Oils, and along the roadside!, May, June & Early July, but not later!

zoe

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »
will the fire flys still be about at the end of may tony i would pay money to see you and mike do karaoki
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:50:06 PM by zoe »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni