Author Topic: just got back  (Read 9380 times)

Kernowfox

just got back
« on: October 03, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »
Our 3rd week in SS this year and again very enjoyable. Good weather, walks and lovely meals at Mythica, Yiannis and Little Prince. Stayed at the Romanza this time instead of the Athina. Athina better overall.  Great music - Sunday evening at 3W and Tuesday at Barcode. Missing you already !!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: just got back
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »
Know what you mean about missing it. We have been back 3 weeks and seems like a lifetime ago  :(
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »
Been back 2.5 hours and missing it like mad! Had to come home to clear blue skies and sun after an horrific last 24 hours!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »
I think everyone will be looking to go when you are not there Don - with the storms and delays you have had this year. Still I suppose it all adds to the excitement :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »
welcome home mate

so you will do anything to avoid a round of drinks :o :o

now you do a rain dance to stay in corfu a bit longer

lol at least you are both home safe now and can get down to booking next years trips

once again nice to see you back on here

chris

is my tab even bigger now at manthos

don

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 03:22:09 AM »
Cheers Chris I'm filling up now! ............................ Well filling everything bar your glass .. Obviously !! Hope to see you next year! Your bill at Manthos not too bad!!!! Well apart from what you bought Rocking D and Zimmer last week! Boy... Can they down some!!!! If I drunk that much I'd see the RAC!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 03:38:56 AM »
Don - you need to see someone for sure - glad you made it safely back - but will the UK now have earthquakes!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 11:54:28 PM »
Next year should see our hundredth foreign holiday (if you discount long weekends/city breaks). In total we have had 7 bad flights.Approximately 2.5% isn't too bad!!!! One was while in the Dominican Republic, one while in Mallorca, one in the Canaries but four concerning Corfu... three this year!!! Luckily only two affected outward journeys. Of the inward journeys three led to overnight stays after transfer to local hotels.
The four Corfu ones were all weather related, allegedly! Three were late season October flights. The one this June coincided with some meeting of world leaders!
Mallorca was the change over from winter to summer brochures and Airtours deciding to cancel the Manchester flight and put us on a Glasgow one! When we finally got a Manchester bound plane it had to land in Birmingham due to FOG!! Tristars allegedly couldn't be landed in bad visibility!
Dominican Republic was due to some poor person ramming the side of the plane in Luton while loading provisions! An extra day in 5*star all inclusive..... Yes we could live with that.
The Canaries......... That was bad.... We took off from Fuerteventura and made an emergency landing in Lanzarote. Can recommend the Arrecife Gran Hotel..... the suites were out of the world... REASON - the plane filled with smoke and sparks!

Anyone else like to share their travel problems?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 03:56:18 AM »
Well Don - we must have done a similar amount of holidays as well!!
Only two really delayed flights so far and a coach strike in Lanzarote!
so a good batting average for us!
But - you must be a right jonah - Avoid Don's flight   say!! LOL

Offline beth9178

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:37:40 PM »
Got back from Corfu last night,After 2 weeks.  Wonderful time while there, weather very good from Monday firstweek but not so great the second week. We stayed at Terasa and were very comfortable.  BUT  we were 31 hours late  getting there, we left Norwich 2 hrs late last Friday week,  Because of electrical thunderstorm we were unable to land at Corfu so travelled on to Brindisa in Italy.  Thomason did a good job of finding us accomondation. After sitting on areoplane for hours. We arrived at hotel at 4am.  On leaving there at 8.30 pm we then had to fly to Crete as some people were booked for a cruise.  We then  flew on to Corfu  arriving early hours of Sunday morning.  BUT  on the return flight we were unable to land at Norwich something was wrong with the flaps and the runway was to short so contuined to Stanstead where again Thomsons had to find coaches to take us back to Norwich.  At last we got home at 9pm.  I think we were  very unlucky.  Cant help wondering how the people waiting for the 4.15 pm flight Friday got to Corfu..   

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 04:38:16 PM »
That all sounds even more unlucky than Dons experience. We have only really had one delay and that was for 5 hours going out from Manchester. Thomsons gave us vouchers for about £3.00 each to get something to eat. Needless to say at an airport that does not go very far.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 03:45:43 AM »
Hi Jules - the biggest delay I had was waiting for you to come back on this site!! LOL
Nice to see you back - we are all ill here in London - not sure if a bad cold or the pig-flu!!
Should know pretty quickly now!!

I still think Don's experiences added up were worse in a way, but how unlucky was beth!!
Close call to judge who had more hassle!!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:32:14 AM »
Next year should see our hundredth foreign holiday (if you discount long weekends/city breaks). In total we have had 7 bad flights.Approximately 2.5% isn't too bad!!!! One was while in the Dominican Republic, one while in Mallorca, one in the Canaries but four concerning Corfu... three this year!!! Luckily only two affected outward journeys. Of the inward journeys three led to overnight stays after transfer to local hotels.
The four Corfu ones were all weather related, allegedly! Three were late season October flights. The one this June coincided with some meeting of world leaders!
Mallorca was the change over from winter to summer brochures and Airtours deciding to cancel the Manchester flight and put us on a Glasgow one! When we finally got a Manchester bound plane it had to land in Birmingham due to FOG!! Tristars allegedly couldn't be landed in bad visibility!
Dominican Republic was due to some poor person ramming the side of the plane in Luton while loading provisions! An extra day in 5*star all inclusive..... Yes we could live with that.
The Canaries......... That was bad.... We took off from Fuerteventura and made an emergency landing in Lanzarote. Can recommend the Arrecife Gran Hotel..... the suites were out of the world... REASON - the plane filled with smoke and sparks!

Anyone else like to share their travel problems?

Our worst ever was Tenerife! I'd NEVER go back! 10 out of 14 days were cloudy, and on the way home we had an aborted take off....ie.....full bore down the runway, nose lifts off, then drops again, heavy braking, aircraft shaking like billy-oh, tight arses all around waiting for the inevatable 'crash', which never happened thank God! 28 hours later we arrived back at Newcastle Airport, I have to say that the hotel that we were (eventually) put up in.....(The Mediterranean Palace) was out of this world, I bet they don't know what hit them, after looking after a plane load of Irate Geordies!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 03:40:03 AM »
Colin - it could have been worse, luckily Don was on another flight!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni