Author Topic: Hi - new to the Forum so any help would be appreciated  (Read 7260 times)

merlin40

Hi - new to the Forum so any help would be appreciated
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »
Hi We have not been to San Stefanos before in fact we have only been to Corfu once and that was to Agios Gordios in the South. Could you tell me please which is the nicest San Stefanos or Arillas as I know they are close to each other. Dont really know the layout of either or their size but from what I gather they both seem small. We just want somewhere quiet with a nice beach and local tavernas to eat in at night. We normaly go Self Catering so any help on apartments would be helpful as we usually put the holiday together ourselves. As it will be our first vist we want to make sure we chose the right one.  Thanks a lot for any help.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Hi - new to the Forum so any help would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
Hi Merlin40 and welcome to the forum.
We can only tell you our preferences which is for San Stefanos.

Arillas is also a nice village with a thin strip of beach, but nice accommodation & Pools, more on the flat generally than S S!
Arillas has some good Tavernas. You can walk between the two places quite easily, but it's a hilly route!

San Stef, is great, but has some apartments up the hills, which give fantastic views, but you do have the uphill walk each day!
Plenty to choose from on the flat as well, depends how fit you are!!! San Stefanos is VERY friendly as a resort.

The Beach in San Stefanos (S S) is great, big and golden sand, lots of room for everyone, can't be beaten!
Tavernas' in S S are all pretty good - no bad ones anywhere! In fact they range from Really excellent to very good!!
Enough to do at night with some live acts or music, or a quiet night in one of the Bars!
If you surf the postings here you will find lots of different contact details.
If you see anything you fancy - just ask for more info from the Forum!

We stayed this year with Noula at San Stefanos Travel, she has a range of Apartments, www.san-stefano.gr
Tel: +30 26630 51910 Fax: +30 26630 51771 Email: info@san-stefano.gr
Wherever you stay, Noula can arrange your transfer from the Airport for you (Mini-Bus, Taxi, Car hire etc).

Here are some other contact addresses for local bookings:

http://www.fedramare.gr/  Tel: +30 26630 51037 Mobile: +30 6936 831661 Email: info@fedramare.gr ask for Dimitris or Christina
http://www.christina-apartments.eu/  *  Mouzakiti Christina * Address: Auliotes, San Stefano , Corfu, Greece P.S. 49081
Telephone: +30 26630 51054 * Mobile: +30 69420 22499

http://www.nondas.co.uk/

Thompson Holidays are the main big operator, Thomas Cook do some as well!

I am sure some of my friends here on the Forum will chip in with other private booking suggestions as well.
Regards
Tony

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:07:49 PM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
Hi Merlin and welcome to the lovely SS San Stef. If you want to read an objective and rational review you can read mine on Holidays Uncovered following my visit this year, two nice resorts indeed, however I dont think I'm wrong in saying that the good and well meaning folk that post here arent er a little one eyed? but full of very good information when being informative...the puns are crap tho ;D

merlin40

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 01:33:37 PM »
Hi thanks to you both for the info.  It really sounds lovely.  Have had a look at Christina and Anatoli Apartments so any info on either of those would be good.  I did see a map somewhere with the location of all the hotels on but cant find it again so if anyone knows where it is I would be gratefull as it would be nice to see where these two are.  Thanks once again

YANNIS26

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »
Hi Merlin40
I am sure that after reading TonyCo1 and Zimmers postings you will be slightly confused.I will attempt to clarify things for you.
If you were looking for an hotel on say Trip Advisor and found one with the following reviews.
99 excellent.
1   terrible.
Would you book it. Of course you would.Especially when their is a good chance the terrible review came from Zimmer.
The same applies to San stephanos.For every 99 excellent reviews you get 1 Zimmer review.
Who is to say he is wrong but i would always tend to put more faith in the vast majority.

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:18:45 PM »
Well put yannis26 but I think you missed a 9 off haha! 999 excellent reviews, 1 zimmer review!!  :)
Hhmmm....should there be even more 9s there?!?!  :)

Just to put things into perspective, to zimmer and all the other "one eyed" (or should that be one eared) Bob Dylan fans believe Dylan's version ( I know he wrote it) of All Along the Watchtower to be the best. Now then, the rest of the listening world know that Hendrix's version is the absolute dogs doodahs and kicks Dylan's rendition into touch!!!  :P

merlin40, hopefully this link will help,

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=2240&marker=7624#

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 05:41:12 PM by hendrix46 »
CorfuCol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:24:44 AM »
Hi Merlin40
Couldn't type for laughing for a minute, but I have to admit that my esteemed colleagues are right about Zimmer.
We met him on Holiday in July this year in San Stefanos, with his charming and Lovely wife and his Son.
Zimmer is a self confessed wind-up merchant who likes to stir debate on the forum.
He's quite mad of course - but in the flesh comes across as a nice guy! (Hello - - and be nice now Zimmer!!)

As Yannis26 and Hendrix say, the Majority rule - so just ask yourself why this great majority return each year if it's no good!!
On this forum you will find countless cases of new people going there who "Just have to return again" - - - and do!!

Thanks to Hendrix you can find the Christina Apartments on page 3 of the index on the right side of the map.
Nicely placed and not up a steep hill.
Anatoli Apartments also in a good position - we stayed there about 12 years ago (3 times), good basic apartments.

You won't go wrong with either!
Tony
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:26:46 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni