Author Topic: The Latest Weather and News!  (Read 24934 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
The Latest Weather and News!
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:47:09 AM »
Don was chucked off the plane today, seems Corfu airport was closed with really bad weather.
He texted me again to say he's off soon - re-boarding after a 4 hour delay, Don and Sandra won't be there until midnight!!
AND - - -NO - - - - Sizzling Steak tonight!!
I Wonder how Zoe and Roy did???????????????????????????????????????

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Latest Weather and News!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 02:08:33 AM »
Just saw the weather on Sky news and i'm afraid it ain't good news if you're in Corfu for the next few days.

I'm a weather geek and there's a low pressure system that will be stuck over Italy and Greece for next few days, producing heavy, thundery rain.

Mid-End Sept not a good time to visit Corfu unfortunately; can be a very thundery,rainy time of year!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 02:10:02 AM »
Don is a JINX!!!!!!!

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »
so you was wery lucky then tony when you met up with don  ;D ;D ;D

just think of the money his "freinds" will save with the rain making his mythos go further

chris

zoe

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:24:13 PM »
have seen don and sandra this morning they got here 3 am we are off to ozzys tonight we had an eventfull day first m4 shut no diversions so had to find a road to get to airport then plane moved back then stopped had a problem so we had a 90 min delay on plane then had the worst ever landing ever i bet my blood pressure went up a few points then coach not at airport got to san steph in a storm but alls well now in the condor for lunch

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »
Have a great night tonight at Ozzy Oils Zoe. I just hope Don doesn't book for end of August next year when we are returning lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »
hi guys

home again    >:(

Talking about friday, yes our last day........was crap !!!!

coz we had gone with Thomas Cook our flight was at 5.10 am sat, so we had a long day ahead with no room as a base. we hoped for a long sunny day then freshen up and go for our meal at Mythica go and meet Don & Zoe on their arrivals, and do all our goodbyes.........it was not to be !!!!

We had sat by Tereza pool in am, tho cloudy was still warm. Then we went for a walk along the beach and back up the village, by this time it was getting pretty black and could hear the distant rumbling of thunder.

We then sat in bar at Tereza from bout 2pm til 9pm with thunder, lightning and pretty heavy rain !!!! Luckily the lovely Leo, let us use a room to change in and freshen up, we then had to stay up there for our meal, as still raining.

if we had ventured to the village we would have been soaked for travelling, so we couldnt see everyone before we left.

We did wonder if there were many delays, we hadnt heard of any when we left but obviously they were pretty bad, but at least it wasnt me not turning up to meet Don or Zoe - it was problems both ways.

Other than that, we had really good weather and yet another fantastic holiday and was great to see everyone again.  roll on May thats what i reckon !!!!

Sarah H xx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 12:50:51 AM »
We have had a few odd bad days & storms over the years, but it always quickly returns to sun, sea and Something?
Don & Sandra / Zoe & Roy - glad you are settling back in - sorry not to see you this time.
Having a bad time organising our next holiday - nothing working out.
I have bookmarked last few days in June and first 2 weeks in July for our next S S holiday!
Problem is I am in night shift (we can't have leave on night shifts - an agreement!!), so I can't travel until Mon 28th earliest!
Looking at where to stay next! Hope to see you next year maybe!!

As we lost our holiday back to S S right now, owing to nowhere to put the dogs, we decided to go over Xmas - still no joy!!
And so expensive to do it (especially a cruise or long haul) - still trying to decide what to do - where to go -
and if we can put the dogs away somewhere!! Can't go earlier than 14th Dec as I have no cover for me at work - -difficult!!!
Why can't S S be an all year hot spot!! LOL

zoe

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »
had a fantastic meal on saturday good food great company sat in the condor having brekki late night last night with don and sandra the last 2 drinks don and sandra brought finished roy of thought i would have to carry him home

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
Obviously the shock of Don buying drinks (notice plural) did for Roy haha!  :)

Glad you're having a good time! Hope weather picks up.
CorfuCol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
had a fantastic meal on saturday good food great company sat in the condor having brekki late night last night with don and sandra the last 2 drinks don and sandra brought finished roy of thought i would have to carry him home
Stop Drinking Zoe - the typo's are getting worse!! HaHa - LOL (finished Roy off !!!!)
Say hello to all for us!!

zoe

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 12:28:10 AM »
the level of wine roy has been drinking has gone up a lot can anyone send a wheelbarrow so i can get him up the hill

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 01:04:07 AM »
Will a shopping trolley do lol!!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 12:01:38 AM »
yes ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 01:41:13 AM »
and a couple of Ropes to pull it!! LOL  - - - Poor old Roy - you must be driving him to drink - (could it be the typo's?) LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni