Author Topic: TUI/Thomson/Portland raking it in for 2010  (Read 15296 times)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
TUI/Thomson/Portland raking it in for 2010
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:25:59 AM »
Been price watching for the last 2 months for 2010 visit to San Stef thru' Portland.

We stayed at Terezas in June this year and were planning to return for 2nd half of June 2010. But i guess it must be almost fully booked now for next June.  Why?
Well, looked tonite and now up to staggering £550 - £600 for 14 nights for June dates.

Knowing what Leo and Fannis get paid by Tui for each booking/night, it's v.little, TUI must be absolutely coining it in from Tereza's for June next year!

If we're going to re-visit next June looks like we'll have to do easyjet from BTL, and private booking at alternative accomodation in San Stef. Where's best guys? Flights at mo will cost £300 for the two of us. Looking to spend about another £400-£500 for 14 nights accomodation. Don't want to be too far out from centre of village.
Any advice appreciated.
Regards

don

Re: TUI/Thomson/Portland raking it in for 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:57:09 AM »
Bristle Boy............... Have a look at Tui/Thomson/Portland as accommodation only we've done this for the last 3 years and saved a fortune!! Worked out cheaper than independent booking!

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »
Hi you can book direct at the Athena hotel and that works out cheaper than thomson if you contact Olga   by e mail at hotelathina@yahoo.gr
Regards Harry

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
Bristle Boy............... Have a look at Tui/Thomson/Portland as accommodation only we've done this for the last 3 years and saved a fortune!! Worked out cheaper than independent booking!

Just tried this on Thomson.co.uk and for an 11 night stay in June 2010 it came up with one hotel in San Stef! The Romanza at £429, so not bad but i would like a little more choice!

I'll search this site and internet. I'm thinking of Fedre Mare, Little Prince or there was one place we saw in June opposite Paradise taverna that looked OK. Anyone recommend anywhere?

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
fedra mare and christina appts are 390 euro for 2 weeks in june both nice places and no hill at the quite end of san steph

chris

Offline Bubblehead and kipper

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
I posted this info earlier but for some reasons it did not come up: so here go again:::

Try www.nondas.web.com/email Sally ..salnonda@otenet.gr:

Well within your price limits and include aircon and transfer; great location with good food, oxygenated pool just outside your door and there is a short cut to lessen the hill if this is adverse to hills!!!

zoe

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »
just looked for rooms for 4 june next year for 2 weeks start at £410 for the barras and stamatis up to£883 the athina the hotel opposite the paradise is the perros i think

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »
"if this adverse to hills" ment, if you can't do hills but here is a no hill location::::

Spiros at Sunset Taverna/4 Seasons Travel has posted me his NEW REDUCED PRICES FOR 2010

I could not locate his web page; www.4seasonstravel.gr BUT you may mail him on at....gizakis@otenet.gr

Now you have more of a choice so Good luck!! :)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »
Thanks for the info. I looked at Nondas and Perros Hotel. Both look v.nice, with Nondas at v.reasonable prices (2009 anyway, can't imagine they'll go up much for 2010). Perros a bit more expensive, but nice all the same. The inclusion of transfer from/to Corfu airport at Nondas makes it very tempting.

I'll have a look at Sunset/4 seasons now.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 06:50:21 PM »
Hi - try this for sunset studios

www.otenet.gr/-gizakis

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »
Links for Sunset studios doesn't work, i'm afraid.

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »
Just returned From staying at the Nondas - wonderful holiday - lovely and peaceful, lovely pool area- had it mostly to our selves for the 11 days.  Lovely family run- Sally is great will do anything for you.  Apartments basic but clean and have everything you need.  Transfers included and Air Con. - price for next year for a studio is 200 euro. per week. brilliant price.
The short cut - cuts out the steep hill, very near to the Tsaros pool and bar.
Brilliant, would recommend.

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
Just to say, when you deduct the aircon/transfer from Nondas' price it becomes past cheap and is absolutely above "reasonable"; don't know how they can afford to work for those prices!!!! however they were fully booked from Day1 this year :) When the restaurant is working the food, ambiance etc are absolutely brilliant and in agreement with Dale/John, is absolutely fantastic and highly recommended.

Maria from Sunset has confirmed that the new web page is not yet working; the one posted by Debra shows the old and new!!

Have a good week

Bevie

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
Ya/yasoo, hello

Vagelis apartments in Old Town and just behind the Nafsika Hotel::

www.vagelisapartments.com

Vagelisapts@hotmail.com

Tel/Fax  0030 26630 51473

Antio, yasas, bye. ;D 8)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »
Emailed the Nondas contact agent yesterday, but got a reply from her today to say that she is no longer dealing with booking enquiries for Nondas from next season. Anyone know how else i can contact Nondas for a quote?

Looked on the website again and the only contact is through the agent, who no longer 'works' for them.

Had a v.competitive quote from Fedre Mare for both studio and apartment, as there's only 2 of us i guess the studio is adequate. Anyone care to comment? Any of the regs on here stayed at Fedre Mare? What's the bathroom like?

Taxi transfer - Airport to SS and return - what's the going rate? Is it best to sort thru' SS travel or thru' the accomodation? I know some offer in the price quoted, others 'on top', but still arrange? Is 50 euro e/w for the two of us reasonable?

Cheers BB
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:22:43 PM by Bristle Boy »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni