Author Topic: New post for san stefanos  (Read 11867 times)

Offline montagum

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
New post for san stefanos
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:18:04 AM »
I love SS. But this year I found it very quiet in the evenings.  Stayed at the Athina.  I found that after dinner in the evenings, and then going for a walkabout and looking for somewhere to have a drink, there was no-one around.  Even in Condor on a Thursday at 11.30pm, there was only one table taken. Does anyone else found it to be like this.  I hope this doesn't affect the locals but I feel sorry for them.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: New post for san stefanos
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:03:12 AM »
When did you go?
We went in early July - well packed out then!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline montagum

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »
We went middle of August.  Beach and pools were busy in day but at night, it was very quiet.

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
We found August last year quieter than July this year (at night).

We were told that a lot of Eastern Europeans go in August but tend to eat in every evening.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
I love SS. But this year I found it very quiet in the evenings.  Stayed at the Athina.  I found that after dinner in the evenings, and then going for a walkabout and looking for somewhere to have a drink, there was no-one around.  Even in Condor on a Thursday at 11.30pm, there was only one table taken. Does anyone else found it to be like this.  I hope this doesn't affect the locals but I feel sorry for them.

half past 11! blimey most good Christians are abed by then , all wrapped up after cocoa and lights out, looking for a drink at 11.30? ::) ..this isn't Benidorm you know LOL

Offline montagum

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
Me and my two teenage children like staying at beach until about 7pm - we think it is the best time of the day to be honest.  Therefore after getting ready, dinner and a stroll we just fancy a drink i.e. three juices.  Didn't think for one minute it was Benidorm.  Who wants to go to bed early on holiday when you can do that at home.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
Montagum, We are all with you there!! Obviously not everyone is the same it seems!! LOL
We stayed a couple of times to 7pm on the beach, but would usually go around 6.00 - 630,
back to the apt's, then relax / change and out for around 8.00 - 8.30pm for a relaxing meal and good conversation!
Then we would go to one of the many bar's or Thomas Bay bar or Condor if something was on entertainment wise!
We used to get back around 01:00 on average. - why? well like you - we were on holiday!!

Old 'one-foot-in-the-grave' Zimmer, who we met on holiday, (dressed like Dr Evil) -
was off like a startled rabbit at the crack of 9.30 to go to bed, dragging his lovely wife and son with him!
However - I did hear rumours that once they had popped a sleeping pill into his cocoa, and he was off in the land of nod -
that they were off to Sidari clubbing all night!! (wonder if it's true?) - LOL
seriously - though - as I have slowly got to understand Zimbo via that meeting and through the forum,
I find that most of his posts showcase his ''personal'' type of humour - so take no notice - we try hard - not to!!
he is always misunderstood by the many - and probably likes it that way!! LOL !!
The problem with ''writing'' a post is that - certain humour - is easily taken the wrong way -
if you were face to face and saw his body language - and the intention - - you would just laugh - as it was indeed probably intended!!
If San Stef was like Benidorm - we would never have gone there anyway!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »
Monte -You know what they say....
"Late to bed late to rise makes a man sick,poor and stupid" ( come to think of it that sounds like me  ;D )

Tony Chuckle is pretty much spot on there,lots of my posts are with tongue buried in cheek - rather than between cheeks,..as he says it's your holiday, you do as you want, my lovely wife keeps dragging me off before I become too incapable to play late night scrabble and turn into a pumpkin at midnight
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:23:00 PM by Zimmer »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 01:37:36 AM »
Dr Dork is trying so hard to be nice - it's worrying!!
Chuckle-one out!!

don

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 02:30:13 AM »
Was very very quiet last week. Met Sunshine from the Cardiff area and Pembo  from his own space. Also Sue from heaven who are missing an angel and Jelus! She'll know what I mean. The beach was busy but night times were quieter than June!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:21:49 PM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »
How strange that August B/Hol week was quiet? - - compared to June.
What's going on??

don

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 11:22:48 PM »
Even June was compared to usual deserted at night time!

zoe

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:46 PM »
very quite when we went in june

joan

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 01:12:39 AM »
We were there in last two weeks in August and although the beach was fairly busy the restaurants and bars were suffering. This year as well as the Italians ( although not as many as usual) there were Greek Nationals, Cypriots... believe or not... to get away from the busy areas of Cyprus, Germans, some Finns and possibly Romanians ( we couldn't make out the dialect, definately not Cheq) also French.
 It was mainly the Brits who were out and in the bars but many usual people that we meet up with were just not there this year.Went in Glen's and Bar 38 all said the same, let's hope next season picks up.

don

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 01:51:06 AM »
It will be interesting to see what the end of September is like. No school holidays! More adults?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni