Author Topic: Steep Hills  (Read 26418 times)

don

Re: Steep Hills
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 11:44:09 PM »
The steep bit is walking back to Tsaros if you've eaten at Elpitha!!!!!!!!!!!!! That walk is so cruel after a litre of wine LOL 8)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 10:28:15 AM »
When we go back to Teresa at night we always love the sounds of the cricket type insects and also the look of the village as you look back as well. It helps to take your mind off the walk.  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »
As everyone says - basically there are great advantages to being up the hill, the ambience, the views, the sunset,
and you can't help but get a touch fitter!
The disadvantages are carrying stuff up the hill, especially the things like 6 packs of large bottles of water, which are so cheap!
Walking back up after the beach in the hot sun especially if you have any medical problems.
Most issues can be overcome by using common sense and taking it easy, carry a small bottle of water as well!
I think next time I stay up a hill, I'll get Gwen and Bev to chase me!!
That'll work - LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bubblehead and kipper

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »
Naughty...naughty...your mind is doing overtime again lol but chase you, maybe in your dreams lol ;) cos thats the only place it's gonna happen!!!! ;D ;D

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »
Ps FAO Tonycool!!!!!

Forgotton to add, the only one reason Gwen and I chase up the hill :P is because of what is waiting there for us!! :-X

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
Bubbles - and you could be blowing bubbles if you catch me - I may just keep on running - you lot are scary!! LOL

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »
Hi
We take my mum with us to SS and she is 69 this year with different health problems but she has no problems walking anywhere in SS or around Corfu so don't worry about it. My advice is take your time, drink plenty and enjoy your holiday as there is no place like it and you will soon forget how far you have walked or how long you have been out and about.

Yamas
Clare

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 12:46:42 AM »
Thanks Clare - nice example of how it will be!

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 02:09:44 PM »
.....and bring some rehydration powder with you ( for those with heart/kidney conditions check with your Dr first ); you would be surprised how the hustle and bustle of hol prep, the flight and the sun....and the alcohol you boys/don/hendrix46:)?,??? consume from the minute you get through the departure lounge, heard hendrix46 starts on the way to the Airport LOL LOL... dehydrates you. A nice tasting one is dyriolite, not sure of sp, or the boots/superdrug/savers own brands...not as nice tasting ;D. If you forget to bring, dont fret, AlMORA plus is available from the local Pharmakio and we take this on a daily basis, but more, up to 8 times a day the Pharmacists suggested, if req. Replaces the natural salts "electrolyte replacement", quite different from drinking water and ideal for any form of upset tummy, nauseousness, D/V etc. Lucazade sport is good to on a smaller scale.

Tony being well hydrated in this manner will help and see you sprinting up the hill but if you hurt and all fails don't worry nurses 8) Bev/Gwen will look after you, and don't be naughty you two(T/D) and let your minds work overtime!!!!!!! and don't forget your hats and not to do it between 12&3pm.

antio...bye.
bevie

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
Ps FAO Tonycool!!!!!

Forgotton to add, the only one reason Gwen and I chase up the hill :P is because of what is waiting there for us!! :-X

Yeah, that's right Bevvie !  But wonder what that can be ?? .........

Offline Holistica

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »
Bubbles - and you could be blowing bubbles if you catch me - I may just keep on running - you lot are scary!! LOL

Yes we are  ;D ;D ;D

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
How about this then for a "wholistic approach" Holis., has just reminded me of the "home made soultion".... given to her by a Tourists who is a Pharmacist, we use this when we are poor/can't make it to the Pharmakio.!!!!

Here goes:

Rehrdration Mix (can check this out with the Pharmacist too)

1x litre water

8x level tsp sugar

1x level tsp salt

We make up sol and keep in the fridge or Kip makes it up and take with him when he goes diving cos Gee.... its hot out there.
Cheers
Enjoy

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
Bev - can't wait for an invite to 'yours' for dinner, what a great mouthwatering menu above!! LOL

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »
.... being well hydrated you will run up my hill, that is to our house and I promise you won't be disappointed.lol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 11:28:11 PM »
How does Ray put up with you - - - LOL
So what's for dinner tonight then?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks