Author Topic: TERESA APARTMENTS  (Read 12892 times)

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
TERESA APARTMENTS
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:27:56 PM »
Hi,could someone please clarify whether the Teresa Apartments have a fridge in the kitchen area of the studios?  Thomson dont seem to mention  it in the brochure.  Also, what are the bathrooms like?   Hubby and I not so fussy but we've a 14yr old teenage daughter !!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: TERESA APARTMENTS
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:23 PM »
I haven't stayed there in the Apartments, but from previous posts done recently, it seems that they do.
They are very well equipped and fitted - I am sure Jules who stays there all the time, (and a few others),
will agree with the above so no need to worry!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »
Hi Sunlover

We have stopped in both the B & B studios (last year) and the self catering apartments (this year). Both have fridges. The SC are typical Greek, two rings and only enough room to make basic snacks - but the Teresa bar have a really good and cheap menu so I doubt you will be wanting to cook!!

We were a bit disappointed this year with the accommodation. The apartment we were in was quite run down - needed a paint and some of the furniture replacing. The kitchen tops etc. were very tired as was the bathroom. Also we were there for two weeks - arrived on the Monday, clean towels on the Wednesday then no more towels for the rest of the holiday. We had to wash them in the shower at night and leave them to dry, which was a bit of a pain. It was the same with the bedding, we always make our own beds but on a few days they had been remade and I thought we had been given clean sheets,but the beds has just been remade for some reason!! The SC apartments are basic, with fantastic views but we felt that the B & B studios are of a better standard.

Also be warned, if the previous occupants have not left any toilet paper there will be none in your apartment on your arrival - caught us out the first time!!

Having said this the food served is good and the Greek night is well worth going to but I doubt we will stop there again having discovered other accommodation in the village. No matter what - you will have a fantastic time because you are in SS!!

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:30:13 PM »
Gillywoo, What other apartments would you recommend after your look around?

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 12:45:45 AM »
Hi Sunlover

We stayed in the Rose Gardens last September - they were lovely!! We had the two bedroomed to ourselves which had a huge double balcony overlooking the mountains/olive trees. The standard of accommodation was (in my opinion) much better, and fresh flowers were placed in the apartment regularly, which was a nice touch.

This September we are going to the Mythos (opposite the Rose Gardens). Never been inside but spoke to people who have stayed there and they said they were of a very high standard. No pool bar (not that it bothers me), but you can always nip across the road to the RG. Have already booked the Mythos again for next year as we managed to get it for a very good price - nearly £300 cheaper than the Teresa - and no killer hill!!

We have also looked around the Little Prince - these again are lovely - huge rooms and very well maintained. You used to be able to book via their web site (as well as through Thompsons), but we were told this year that Thompsons are thinking of taking all of the rooms - with the Penthouses possibly not being available to the Brits!!

Don't get me wrong the Teresa's is nice and you will have a lovely time but (again this is only my opinion), I think it is time they invested in doing up the apartments. I sort of felt that they know they have a very loyal following and have possibly started to take it for granted.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:58:08 AM »
I suppose with the S/C apartments at Teresa they have been around for a whole lot longer than the refurbished B&B apartments. I am sure if you had asked, the staff would have arranged clean towels and bedlinen for you as well. When we have ever been we have always had the same maid each year and she certainly seems to change the sheets and towels reasonably often. We have never felt we needed to wash the supplied towels either. More often than not when we have been out we come back to find the beds made as well if we have not left them that way and occasionally even the few pots we use washed up as well.
At the end of the day we love it at Teresa even if its for the views alone and also the welcome you get from the family. We have not been yet this year (we go in 3 weeks time) but have also booked next years as we know we will not be disappointed.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 01:12:50 AM »
Hi Jules

Yes we could have asked I suppose, but the family was always so busy and we didn't want to be a pain!! Also, we kept thinking 'we will get fresh ones tomorrow'. I wasn't bothered about the bedding as much as the towels, because no matter how careful I am, I always struggle to keep white towels white!!

As I said the Teresa's is nice - I have stayed in far, far worse accommodation - but after staying in the B & B block, the SC apartment was a bit of a disappointment.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 01:41:23 AM »
I suppose the B&B would win with the shower cubicle as well -  no cold shower curtain sticking to you as you shower lol!! As you say they are a busy family but they would probably have prefered to have known about the bedding and towels as it would seem someone was not doing the changes when they should have done.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »
Never stayed at Teresas so cannot comment about there. We have stayed at the Olga - Once.. Basic clean and changed towels three times in a week. Same goes for Stamatis and Barras. Equally good at Kathy's studios and EFI Pool, both privately booked. Thomas Bay - Changed daily but to be honest we prefer self catering anyway. As to the bedding... Laughably we have been on but never in a bed in SS so it has never been an issue. All we can say is everything else makes up for the little inconveniences. ENJOY!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
As a rule of thumb, the further out you stay, it seems you get a touch better rooms, i.e. Rose Garden
I suppose the very central places don't need to try so hard!!, although they are good for Greece anyway!
generally, most places are similar in respect of towels and bed linen changes in our experience!

zoe

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 12:43:29 AM »
thomas bay change towels everyday if you need them

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 01:14:31 AM »
Well, it's 6 weeks since we returned from our 2 week stay at Tereza hotel; we stayed b&b and the apartments were very good, with shower cubicle and doors. Great!!

We loved our stay because of the views, chilled out atmosphere, great evenings, superb greek night and, of course, Leo, Fanis and Nikolas, but, i suppose, on reflection, the changing of bed sheets and towels could have been better.

Having said that we hope to return next year (although June is already heavily booked; been checking on Portland). Maybe we'll have to consider other accomodation, because Tereza is v.expensive already for next year. But by what i've read on the forum this last few weeks there is plenty of good quality accomodation in San Stef at good prices.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:24 AM »
My advice is go for the best deal in a reasonable location!
(I hate the worst hills)!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 02:09:33 AM »
My advice is go for the best deal in a reasonable location!
(I hate the worst hills)!

Yes, i had been thinking of flying easyjet from BTL and booking accomodation independently for next year, but the flight times have changed for Summer 2010. They're late afternoon/early evening, whereas this summer they are early morn on a Friday which we prefer, so i need to think about our options for 2010.
Shame about Tereza's for 2010 on price, 'cause this june we only paid £860 for 2 weeks b&b for the two of us.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 03:02:10 AM »
Prices are all over the place this and next year - depending where you want and when.
Flights can be a great bargain - or not worth it - just no logic to some of this!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni