Author Topic: HELP NEEDED  (Read 11315 times)

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
HELP NEEDED
« on: July 17, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »
ON MONDAY am going on holiday with Thomas Cook and WAS staying at the Mythos apartments, had a call today from TC we are sorry but the accomodation is no longer available for us !!!! Now we are staying in Corfu Andromeda Peroulades near Sidari I am not happy as what sold the holiday was the location.  dOES anyone know how close the appatment is to San Stefanos?  Whta canI do? 

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 11:16:23 PM »
hi missh first im so sorry for you im not sure what you can do this late in the day.not sure where the appts are but sidira is 15 mins from san steph on a quad
im sure someone on here may be able to help
could you not go to sidira then get somewhere in san steph then claim back from tc ??

good luck

chris
ps the reports on the place look ok but 25 min walk to sidira.but its not san steph stick to your guns give tc hell
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:36:46 PM by CHRIS NO 2 »

zoe

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »
hi if you go on kings world travel .com you will see the andromeda it is nothing like the mythos at all and would think they are a lot cheeper sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one

zoe

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
thomson have places at san stef for monday at the barras or the little prince see if your travel agent can change it for you

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 12:33:58 AM »
Sorry to hear this missh. If it was me I would give them hell before you travel, and  take what is offered and then also give them hell when you get there and maybe they will be able to move you.

Did they say why they are no longer available? Last year I thought the apartmants were up for sale so maybe something has happened there.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 12:36:50 AM »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »
Hi Missh

So sorry to hear what Thomas Cook have done! We are booked to stay at the Mythos in September so I hope that there is nothing seriously wrong!

Thomas Cook also go to the Vicky Apartments and the Kapentanios in San Steph. I would try to see if there are rooms available at one of these and asked TC to put you there.

We have just returned from SS and the resort was alot quieter than usual so there may be a chance that either of these two may have empty apartments.

Just checked the TC website and the Mythos is still being sold - to fly out on Monday, but only for a 7 night stay - chances are TC have overbooked your accommodation!

If you have no joy with the above, I would suggest that you request Arilas instead - a MUCH nicer resort than Sidari. We were told while in SS that the Tour Operators are struggling to fill Sidari and now push the accommodation here before other resorts.

Good luck, and whatever happens I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »
There are rooms available at Kapetanios from Monday for 2 weeks. If your flight is still held I would suggest these apartments to you.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »
Don't accept what they are offering you! Tell them you want San Stef and if they can't accomodate tell them you want your money back and go back to San Stef later. These holiday co.s are already taking all the money we pay for our hols, from the hotels in San Stef and across the Med.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
I agree, don't give in too easily - raise hell!!!
Trouble is T-Cook have limited accommodation in SS, so little choice, but you won't like the alternative offered against S S!!
Arilas is also a better option.
Best of luck!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
hi if you go on kings world travel .com you will see the andromeda it is nothing like the mythos at all and would think they are a lot cheeper sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one
TYPO Alert Zoe - Good Golly Miss Molly!! - I enjoyed finding that one - made my day Zoe !! LOL
Cheep is what your budgie does!! Cheap is the price!! (Sorry to deviate!!).

zoe

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
oh god your back  ::) did you miss us now jules and i will have to be on the ball

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
oh god your back  ::) did you miss us now jules and i will have to be on the ball
Typo Alert again!!! YOUR'E back as in you are back - not your back as in it's on your back!! LOL GOTTCHA!!!!!!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 08:38:22 PM »
Double and triple check all spellings lol!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 05:21:27 AM »
Back to the thread again - - -
Did you have any luck with the Thomas Cook Lot??

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni