Author Topic: New style management at The Romanza Hotel  (Read 13774 times)

don

Re: New style management at The Romanza Hotel
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 11:23:44 PM »
And there was me thinking that noise in the early hours of the 28th was thunder. We could hear it at the Barras.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:40:21 PM by don »

Offline bobthebuilder

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
I am so glad everybody has allowed the new management to prove themselves, there have been some nasty and untrue stories flying round san stef, i won't say where from but they were designed to divert customers away from the Romanza. Alex has been a friend of ours for many years now and she and Katie were worried that these rumours would affect their new venture without anyone giving them a chance. It is good to see that 100% Corfiot hospitality wins the day ;D

Offline bobthebuilder

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »
Hi Don
it was great meeting you and your better half,
as you could see we were in the middle of what turned out to be a bit of a mental night,
lucky you caught me when i was still pretty much sober :-[

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 02:09:16 AM »
BoB-T-B (Tony), also great to meet you again for a quick chat in the Little Prince.
Glad the wedding went well!!
TonyC
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline laurenandsam

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »
Hi Jules

Thanks.  25 years not bad, I don't feel any older, just 2 stone heavier!!!!!!

Hi Ouzpower

I can't wait, glad you had a great time.

YANNIS26

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »
Hello Waspman
I would like to endorse everything you and Ouzopower said about the new management team at the Romanza.I was a regular through the years of Leo & Jenny and thought they were unbeatable.Leo & katie and family have proved me wrong. It would appear that i am not on my own with this thought as a check on the latest Trip Advisor reviews shows the Romanza as NO.1 out of 471 hotel and apts in Corfu.
An achievement the Romanza team must be truly proud of.
Waspman you may remember me as the one who helped Leo with the sunbeds in our recent visit.As i remember you turned up every morning just as the job was finished.
As i am new to this forum but in fact a San Stef regular i feel i should share my history with the members.I am sure someone will inform me of the year of my first visit as i am not exactly certain myself.
I spent two wonderful years at the Thomas Bay in the company of two of the best people (waiters) i have ever met . George(ex Mistral) & Vangelis(now Nafsica).On my third visit the Thomas Bay had gone Half board. I moved to the Romanza and have been their every year since where i have the choice of a wonderful restaurant or the many excellent Tavernas in the village.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum Yannis26!
It would be dificult to pin down exactly the year you first came, on that information,
as Vangelis went to the Thomas Bay after Closing his Supermarket (Helena), because his Father was very ill at the time.
- - - if memory serves correct, that is!
George had been a waiter for so many years at the Thomas Bay, (before Mistral), and before Vangelis worked there.
I seem to recollect that George was at the Nafsika before the Thomas Bay!
We have been going to San Stef for many Years now and remember when Vangelis started as a waiter in the Golden Beach Hotel in 1984, our second year in the resort.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »
Hi tonyc
Thanksfor your reply.Sorry if my information was misleading.To clarify if anyone can state when theThomas Bay went half board my first visit was two year earlier.I think first visit was about 1996 & i have visited every year since.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni