Author Topic: New style management at The Romanza Hotel  (Read 13778 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
New style management at The Romanza Hotel
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »
Since last year The Romanza Hotel bar and restaurant management has changed.  As you all know Leo and Jenny have gone and now opened The Mythica Restaurant in town.

The new family that has taken over are by far the friendliest Greek family you would ever wish to meet.
Two sisters, Katie and Alex with family members Leo, Andreas, Nicoletta and Eleni do a superb job and will do anything they can to help.  Marina is still in the bar and reception (evenings).

The atmosphere in the hotel is fantastic, the food is to die for (try the moussaka & kleftico) and the BBQ night on Sundays consists a bouzouki and keyboard player with greek dancing (with audiance participation) by the entire family, Katie and Alex's Mum and Dad and the hotel owners join in too.

The Romanza Hotel is now far better than it has ever been in the past.

Offline alnwickist

• View Profile
Re: New style management at The Romanza Hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 10:34:34 PM »
good to hear.We are going there next friday ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:18:09 AM »
Thanks for all the new info Waspman. I love Kleftico so may have to give it a try.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:20:13 PM »
Katie also does amazing things with octopus (steady on!) and scorpion fish! The octopus was fresh from her husband Leo's frequent fishing expeditions.

If you've never tried marinated octopus on toast for breakfast, you've missed out on something good, I can tell you !!

Katie's curry is terrific too. Not like our average high street brown slop at all. Katie's is fresh, clean tasting and full of flavour. Her indoors and the eldest both reckon that the Moussaka is the best they've tried.

I have to agree with Waspman that the BBQ night entertainment is a must. No more 'traditional CD' repeats on that night ! Just real greek people singing real greek songs to real live music that generates an unbelievable atmosphere. Kostas and Leo joined in the singing too. Katie's mum definitely deserves a mention for her excellent greek dancing as does Andreas and the younger ladies.

It's easy to tell the difference between someone putting on a show for the paying audience and a family having a party. The Romanza family invited us to their party that night without question. It reminded me of when I was a small boy and all of my uncles, aunts, cousins, neighbours etc gathered at one of the old great-grandparents houses for an all night (and sometimes all weekend) singing/dancing party. 

Kostas, Nitsa ('scuse spelling) and son Spiros have kept the quality and spirit of the Romanza right up there. The return of Katie, Leo, Alex and the young 'uns have helped steer the feel of the place back towards one great big family for all.

Sorry if I seem to be going a bit mushy but there are very few places for me like this one. It's not just the views, the hotel layout or anything like that. It's the people. Truly great people.

zoe

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 06:53:50 PM »
must agree with you when we have been on holiday its the people we meet that we remember more than the place we stay in but we love the thomas bay as well

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 01:57:47 AM »
Had a great night in Thomas Bay when 'Just Two' played.

zoe

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
they were great

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 01:14:01 AM »
We also had a good night at The Thomas Bay when Just 2 played.  Remember the two ladies in the black tee shirts with the logo "Alice who the f---  is Alice, well I'm afraid to confess that one was my wife who sang the Chubby Brown lyrics louder than most.

We heard from Anthony and Chris (Just 2) that they may not be together next year, Anthony may be going back to German, shame they'll be missed.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 01:21:01 AM »
Hi Ouzopower

Yes I was there when you tried the octopus, I tried it the day before, but not on toast, and I agree the skorpios fish was very tasty, but with lots of small bones.  By the way Ouzopower you snored loudly some nights and woke up your next door neighbours (us), only joking but we were your next door neighbours

zoe

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 01:22:40 AM »
we had popped up to our room on the top floor when they played that not sure if it was the same week as you(5-19 june) and we could hear them singing that very loud from there

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
Hi Ouzopower
I wish I had seen your Romanza post before we left - would have tried it!!
And  - - - -welcome to the SSSC!!!
(the San Stef Snorers club - LOL).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline laurenandsam

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
Thats good news about the Romanza.  We spent 2 weeks there last year and had a great time and re-booked as soon as we came home.  We then read about Jenny and Leo leaving and I considered cancelling, however I didn't.  We are going out on the 31st July to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary so it looks like we are going to have another great time.

Elaine

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »
Congratulations   :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 04:12:24 PM »
Hi Ouzopower

Yes I was there when you tried the octopus, I tried it the day before, but not on toast, and I agree the skorpios fish was very tasty, but with lots of small bones.  By the way Ouzopower you snored loudly some nights and woke up your next door neighbours (us), only joking but we were your next door neighbours

Hi Waspman and Tony

Sorry about the snoring, that was my eldest. Not me, Honest! Trish and I take earplugs!!

Actually, the three of us have been known to register as a small earth tremor now and again!

Waspman, would you have also have been known as 'Sir George' per chance?

Hi LauranandSam,

It's all there ready and waiting for you !

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:18:04 PM by OuzoPower »

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
Hi Ouzopower

Yes, I was known as Sir George mainly by Andreas (my wife = Lady Lesley)
Maybe I'll see you all again next year.
I will probably be taking a week at the Romanza Villas in May 2010, I'll tell you the story behind that when I see you.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni