Author Topic: Back from Tereza Apts  (Read 14107 times)

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
Back from Tereza Apts
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
Just got home (having been delayed our flight for 18 hours), but we have to say that even with the nightmare that ended our stay in San Stefanos we will still be returning to the Tereza apartments again (as recommended by Jules T).
We had the best of times, although the holiday was somewhat thwarted by bad weather, having only one day in the whole of the 1 week stay where it didn't rain. Mostly the sun did come out for some time every day which stopped us from burning as when it did come out it was pretty intense.
The Tereza apartments were fabulous. The cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in anywhere abroad & if you forgot to do the washing up the maids even did that for you, I forgot quite a lot  ;D . Leo & Fannis & all the other staff at the bar restaurant were excellent & could not have been more hospitable. You must do the Greek night & barbecue at the Tereza as this was such a scream. Just a quick word about the Condor which had free entertainment every night & where we spent many a fun evening.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Back from Tereza Apts
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:00:23 AM »
Just got home (having been delayed our flight for 18 hours), but we have to say that even with the nightmare that ended our stay in San Stefanos we will still be returning to the Tereza apartments again (as recommended by Jules T).
We had the best of times, although the holiday was somewhat thwarted by bad weather, having only one day in the whole of the 1 week stay where it didn't rain. Mostly the sun did come out for some time every day which stopped us from burning as when it did come out it was pretty intense.
The Tereza apartments were fabulous. The cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in anywhere abroad & if you forgot to do the washing up the maids even did that for you, I forgot quite a lot  ;D . Leo & Fannis & all the other staff at the bar restaurant were excellent & could not have been more hospitable. You must do the Greek night & barbecue at the Tereza as this was such a scream. Just a quick word about the Condor which had free entertainment every night & where we spent many a fun evening.
Well done - good report and thanks!!
Sounds like you had a fun holiday - unlucky with the weather though - not normally like that!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:08:55 AM »
What weather can we normally expect in july ? 
Steve

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 01:25:48 AM »
What weather can we normally expect in july ? 
HOT HOT HOT
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 01:27:46 AM »
Glad you seemed to enjoy it despite the weather. Now what you mean about the washing up. The maid is lovely and we have had the same one since we have stayed there. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 01:43:47 AM »
glad you had a great time even though it rained the greek elvis is great i bet tonys leg will be going like his this time next week after the do at ozzys oils

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 02:42:46 AM »
glad you had a great time even though it rained the greek elvis is great i bet tonys leg will be going like his this time next week after the do at ozzys oils
I bet he and Don will be all shook up after 1 or 6 Mythos or glasses of wine lol!!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »
[/quote

18 hour delay?!!  :'( Which travel operator were you with?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
[/quote

For Teresa the TO is Thomsons.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Glad you seemed to enjoy it despite the weather. Now what you mean about the washing up. The maid is lovely and we have had the same one since we have stayed there. :)
The weather is already back to normal there - just had a text!!
May be mixed this week - most unusual not to have great July weather!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »
I bet he and Don will be all shook up after 1 or 6 Mythos or glasses of wine lol!!
Thanks Girls - my leg shakes every time I read your posts!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
[/quote

Thompson's and most carriers suffered badly with this bout of freak stormy weather!!
I heard that Thomas Cook were hit with the biggest delays!!

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 01:15:50 AM »
[/quote

Just a note to say it wasn't the tour operators fault the delay was due to an electrical storm so planes could not land or take off. Our plane had to land at kefalonia until the storm had passed and when it eventually landed in corfu the pilot had used up his flying hours. The airline did the best they could do for us they put us up in a hotel with a meal and flew us home next morning and you got an in flight meal even if you didn't pay for one, but as the plane was due to fly the previous day we had meatballs for breakfast :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 04:37:49 AM »
[/quote

Just a note to say it wasn't the tour operators fault the delay was due to an electrical storm so planes could not land or take off. Our plane had to land at kefalonia until the storm had passed and when it eventually landed in corfu the pilot had used up his flying hours. The airline did the best they could do for us they put us up in a hotel with a meal and flew us home next morning and you got an in flight meal even if you didn't pay for one, but as the plane was due to fly the previous day we had meatballs for breakfast :D
And Bacon and egg balls for Dinner!! LOL

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 09:07:21 PM »
Just got back from Tereza today. The storm on Friday morning was incredible. Planes couldn't land so were diverted.
We had a fab time and met some great people. Yes, the weather was indifferent for our 2nd week; a few cloudy mornings and about 6 storms. 5 out of 6 of these storms were in early hours or around 8 in the morning, so didn't disrupt too much. Last Friday being the exception.
The hospitality at the tereza hotel was second to none. Leo and Fanis run a great place and are so friendly and the Greek night on Wednesdays is a must, even if you are not staying there! We met some great people at the hotel and in the resort.
Favourite restaurant is Zorbas (went there 3 times); Beachcomber twice, Ozzy Oils, Little Prince, Nafsika and stayed at Tereza's for the Greek nights, plus 2 other evenings.
Condor Bar was our stop for the entertainment; great staff there. Tribute acts were good fun. But if i hear Whitney Houston's 'I wanna dance with somebody' again at any party this year i swear i'll go up to the DJ and demand it's stopped playing!
But the resort is very quiet and the businesses are suffering. It seems that people are going out for evening meal and then not frequenting the bars. It's OK San Stef being lovely and quiet but for the local businesses there it's too quiet.
We will definitely be returning next year.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni