Author Topic: PORTLAND BROCHURE 2010  (Read 24530 times)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: PORTLAND BROCHURE 2010
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 10:10:03 PM »
Portlands brochure for next Summer is now available. We have just booked our 2 weeks for the normal times in August 2010 at Teresa.

http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk/default.asp?&SOURCE=goog&referrer=google&ito=2152&itc=64
What already, they may not want you back!!
There brochure is really late this year. Last year the first edition came out in April - thats how long ago this years was booked. ;)
Go on then - how much!!
£816.00 total for the 2 weeks. Approximately £100.00 more than this years but cheaper than booking through the normal Thomson brochure which was about £70.00 more than Portland. It seems daft that there is a price difference when they are part of the same company. Having said all that I forgot about looking for any promotion discounts beforehand. I believe you can save about £100.00 with a promo code. Still at least we know we are going again.

That's a fab price Jules.
I've looked again in the last few mins for next June and already price has risen compared to last night. Looking at around £900 for 2 weeks self-catering thru' Portland.
The fact is Tereza's is getting more popular with more people as 'newbies' stay there (like us this year). Supply and demand and all that. I fear we won't be able to go next year in June at this rate. Can't book yet because of my wife's work committments (she's in retail and they're not allowed to book hols until their staffing levels are worked out re. holiday requests).
The real 'scandal' is that it's Portland/Thomsons that set prices - and 'take' most of the money. The smaller hotels/apts owners in the Med get very little from tour operators in terms of money. The hotels only make money from their guests.
Have you tried booking Tereza`s  direct?

Leo and Fanis do not take bookings direct (contract with thomsons does NOT allow them to).

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »
Portlands brochure for next Summer is now available. We have just booked our 2 weeks for the normal times in August 2010 at Teresa.

http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk/default.asp?&SOURCE=goog&referrer=google&ito=2152&itc=64
There brochure is really late this year. Last year the first edition came out in April - thats how long ago this years was booked. ;)
Go on then - how much!!
£816.00 total for the 2 weeks. Approximately £100.00 more than this years but cheaper than booking through the normal Thomson brochure which was about £70.00 more than Portland. It seems daft that there is a price difference when they are part of the same company. Having said all that I forgot about looking for any promotion discounts beforehand. I believe you can save about £100.00 with a promo code. Still at least we know we are going again.

I've looked again in the last few mins for next June and already price has risen compared to last night. Looking at around £900 for 2 weeks self-catering thru' Portland.
The fact is Tereza's is getting more popular with more people as 'newbies' stay there (like us this year). Supply and demand and all that. I fear we won't be able to go next year in June at this rate. Can't book yet because of my wife's work committments (she's in retail and they're not allowed to book hols until their staffing levels are worked out re. holiday requests).
The real 'scandal' is that it's Portland/Thomsons that set prices - and 'take' most of the money. The smaller hotels/apts owners in the Med get very little from tour operators in terms of money. The hotels only make money from their guests.

Leo and Fanis do not take bookings direct (contract with thomsons does NOT allow them to).
That is correct - not worth their while to break the contract!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »

Go on then - how much!!

That is correct - not worth their while to break the contract!!
It's a shame they don't go it alone as they would do just as well as with the TO if not even better and make much more than the TO pay them as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline montagum

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 12:44:07 AM »
I have tried to book a well known hotel is SS direct and they are actually much dearer if you do.  The problem is the Tour Operators book the rooms in bulk so get a much cheaper deal.  Just my observation!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 12:48:46 AM »
Glad we booked ours last week end. The price has gone up from £816.00 to £968.00 now.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 01:13:47 AM »
Glad we booked ours last week end. The price has gone up from £816.00 to £968.00 now.

You've done very well, Jules.
Tereza's will be in even greater demand next year and the prices will continue to rise thru' the next few months as people book for 2010. Many of the 'newbies' at Tereza's in the 2 weeks when we were there are seriously considering returning next year,including us. Add these people plus regs like yourself and demand can only grow for staying there.
By the way they are fully booked for every week up until early Oct this year.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 01:38:51 AM »

You've done very well, Jules.
Tereza's will be in even greater demand next year and the prices will continue to rise thru' the next few months as people book for 2010. Many of the 'newbies' at Tereza's in the 2 weeks when we were there are seriously considering returning next year,including us. Add these people plus regs like yourself and demand can only grow for staying there.
By the way they are fully booked for every week up until early Oct this year.
Been staying at Teresa every year since 2001 so we have seen it grow from the 12 apartments that they used to have to what they have now and all they have done has improved the place every year. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:22 AM »
Keep watching, it all depends on demand - that price will drop again in the sales, if some unbooked rooms for 2010.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 12:49:23 AM »
just got back from 10 days on the dingle peninsular Ireland, booked 2 wks in arillas next may countig down to our corfu fix

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »
Leo "thinks" they will be fully booked thru september, but i have been on portland and they have several left on there and i imagine they will stay on there seeing as they are charging over £400 for 1 week in September.

Leo won't know what the prices are for September and i don't think he will be too impressed by them, as he may have empty rooms which means people not there spending in the bar.

Boo hiss Portland - i have had to book my return week in Spet at Kapetanios as we were not paying those prices........but we will still spend our time at Tereza's.

Sarah H
xxx

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »
Stayed at Teresa a couple of weeks ago and Leo said they were booked thru' til September. Unfortunately he has no control over the prices. Portland (thomsons) take most of the money when we all pay for our holidays i'm afraid.

zoe

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 12:24:05 AM »
could someone tell me were kapetanios is a we are looking to go back sep/oct

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 12:30:45 AM »
could someone tell me were kapetanios is a we are looking to go back sep/oct

About 100 yds up the hill from Terezas. Looks nice. I think Thomas Cook is the UK operator - not sure if you can book these apts 'privately' direct.

zoe

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 12:34:02 AM »
thank's for that will have a look

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 12:58:07 AM »
Very depressed this eve. I've been 'price watching' on Portland for Tereza's next June and the prices are rising everyday. Last week when i looked 2 weeks s/c was about £800 for 2 people; now up past the £900 mark.
Can't book early in advance, due to holiday restrictions where my wife works. Have to wait until Oct when they have to express preference for 2010 holidays; then a rota is worked out. Prob won't be able to get into Tereza's for June by then or it'll be too high a price!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni