Author Topic: PORTLAND BROCHURE 2010  (Read 24527 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
PORTLAND BROCHURE 2010
« on: June 27, 2009, 01:47:09 AM »
Portlands brochure for next Summer is now available. We have just booked our 2 weeks for the normal times in August 2010 at Teresa.

http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk/default.asp?&SOURCE=goog&referrer=google&ito=2152&itc=64

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: PORTLAND BROCHURE 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 02:06:07 AM »
Portlands brochure for next Summer is now available. We have just booked our 2 weeks for the normal times in August 2010 at Teresa.

http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk/default.asp?&SOURCE=goog&referrer=google&ito=2152&itc=64
What already, they may not want you back!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:30:17 AM »

There brochure is really late this year. Last year the first edition came out in April - thats how long ago this years was booked. ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »

There brochure is really late this year. Last year the first edition came out in April - thats how long ago this years was booked. ;)
Go on then - how much!!

zoe

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:29:58 PM »
thanks for that  jules have had a look and thomsons are out as well

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »

Go on then - how much!!
£816.00 total for the 2 weeks. Approximately £100.00 more than this years but cheaper than booking through the normal Thomson brochure which was about £70.00 more than Portland. It seems daft that there is a price difference when they are part of the same company. Having said all that I forgot about looking for any promotion discounts beforehand. I believe you can save about £100.00 with a promo code. Still at least we know we are going again.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 10:02:43 PM »

Go on then - how much!!
£816.00 total for the 2 weeks. Approximately £100.00 more than this years but cheaper than booking through the normal Thomson brochure which was about £70.00 more than Portland. It seems daft that there is a price difference when they are part of the same company. Having said all that I forgot about looking for any promotion discounts beforehand. I believe you can save about £100.00 with a promo code. Still at least we know we are going again.
Oh! No - -Ze Feelthy Rich win again!!
But why August??

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »

Go on then - how much!!
But why August??
We always like to go end of August - it's our favourite time.

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »
Hi all,

We booked ours last thursday, they werent up on the computer but we could book over the phone !!! we have booked our 2 weeks in May at Tereza too !!!!

As regulars, we all know you have to get on quick to get the weeks you want now as more and more people want to return !!!

We have our reunion holiday again, Sarah & Brian for the first week, and 5 of us and the 2 gay guys, so again quite a crowd.

And to think i stillhave a week in Sept to go before that one!!!!!

Yippeeeeeee !!!!!

Sarah H

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »
Hi all,

We booked ours last thursday, they werent up on the computer but we could book over the phone !!! we have booked our 2 weeks in May at Tereza too !!!!

As regulars, we all know you have to get on quick to get the weeks you want now as more and more people want to return !!!

We have our reunion holiday again, Sarah & Brian for the first week, and 5 of us and the 2 gay guys, so again quite a crowd.

And to think i stillhave a week in Sept to go before that one!!!!!

Yippeeeeeee !!!!!

Sarah H
And we still have this years 2 weeks before that as well. I agree you have to book when you can as they do seem more and more popular every year. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:58:27 AM »

Go on then - how much!!
But why August??
Sounds fair!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »

Go on then - how much!!
But why August??
Sounds fair!!
Same question back to you. Why July?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »

Go on then - how much!!
But why August??
Sounds fair!!
Same question back to you. Why July?
No reason other than to fit in with other people!!
We go different weeks each year.
I am fairly flexible on A/Leave - But if we want to meet up with Alan & Carole (there now with Don & Sandra),
we thy to work it out to fit in with Carole's work commitments as she arranges conferences for the University she works at!!
(we call her Mr's Bucket i.e. Bouquet)!! Carole is good for a wind-up!!
This year we then had to move it again after the initial arrangements, so we are a week out of Sync. with them.
This  is because our Son Mark, Rita and Grandson later - decided to come with us.
As the case of S*Ds Law prevailed, we couldn't go until end of month as Rita's "End of Month reports" had to be done!
So we see A&C for a week - their Daughter Heather (my niece - long story - don't ask),
is flying out with us as well to get a weeks last minute break! Then she flies back with Mum & Dad!!
Last year we went in May and elsewhere in October, (we also did Malta in March - yuk!).
The year before, we did 2 months in Singapore, Australia & Thailand, then San Stef in September.
The previous year it was Late August - it changes every year!!
In the last 27 years we have covered every single holiday week of the season in S S!!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 10:00:41 PM »

Go on then - how much!!

That's a fab price Jules.
I've looked again in the last few mins for next June and already price has risen compared to last night. Looking at around £900 for 2 weeks self-catering thru' Portland.
The fact is Tereza's is getting more popular with more people as 'newbies' stay there (like us this year). Supply and demand and all that. I fear we won't be able to go next year in June at this rate. Can't book yet because of my wife's work committments (she's in retail and they're not allowed to book hols until their staffing levels are worked out re. holiday requests).
The real 'scandal' is that it's Portland/Thomsons that set prices - and 'take' most of the money. The smaller hotels/apts owners in the Med get very little from tour operators in terms of money. The hotels only make money from their guests.

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »

Go on then - how much!!

That's a fab price Jules.
I've looked again in the last few mins for next June and already price has risen compared to last night. Looking at around £900 for 2 weeks self-catering thru' Portland.
The fact is Tereza's is getting more popular with more people as 'newbies' stay there (like us this year). Supply and demand and all that. I fear we won't be able to go next year in June at this rate. Can't book yet because of my wife's work committments (she's in retail and they're not allowed to book hols until their staffing levels are worked out re. holiday requests).
The real 'scandal' is that it's Portland/Thomsons that set prices - and 'take' most of the money. The smaller hotels/apts owners in the Med get very little from tour operators in terms of money. The hotels only make money from their guests.
Have you tried booking Tereza`s  direct?
Steve

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni