Author Topic: Greeting from San Stefanos  (Read 16572 times)

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Greeting from San Stefanos
« on: June 07, 2009, 07:45:04 PM »
Hello everybody we have finally made it to San Stefanos. The weather is lovely a little cloud at lunchtime but very hot this afternoon. The beer is very cold and is going down far too quick (I hate these glasses with a hole in the bottom!! :D). The food is absolutely fantastic so far and I am expecting to resemble a horse after two weeks :D. I must admit it is totally different to what I was expecting. Much more compact but perfect. The transfer from the airport was an experience, these roads are definately not made for coaches!!. It was pretty quick though and we were the first drop (About 50 mins), Even the bags at the airport only took 10 mins to appear.
It is amazing how friendly everybody is everywhere you go.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Greeting from San Stefanos
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »
Hello everybody we have finally made it to San Stefanos. The weather is lovely a little cloud at lunchtime but very hot this afternoon. The beer is very cold and is going down far too quick (I hate these glasses with a hole in the bottom!! :D). The food is absolutely fantastic so far and I am expecting to resemble a horse after two weeks :D. I must admit it is totally different to what I was expecting. Much more compact but perfect. The transfer from the airport was an experience, these roads are definately not made for coaches!!. It was pretty quick though and we were the first drop (About 50 mins), Even the bags at the airport only took 10 mins to appear.
That's th charm of Corfu!! The roads seem quite normal to us now - been too many times I guess,
have a great time and check out all the WiFi spots for us, I am hoping that it works well by our apts.
(Theodosia - near the Olympia Restaurant). Please do a report as you enjoy your time there.
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
How long are you in San Stef for? Me and my wife arrive next monday 15th for 2 weeks stay at the Teresa.

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
How long are you in San Stef for? Me and my wife arrive next monday 15th for 2 weeks stay at the Teresa.
We are here for two weeks (return on the 20th but not thinking about that!!)
Just look out for the football shirt wearing cockney with the Hull hat on smoking a fag!!!! :D

don

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:17:41 PM »
We are here for two weeks (return on the 20th but not thinking about that!!)
Just look out for the football shirt wearing cockney with the Hull hat on smoking a fag!!!! :D

Jock in Stoke here wishing we were there! Glad you are enjoying positive experiences. Roll on the 26th I miss San Stef!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:42:50 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »
That's really good for bags at the airport - normally a heck of a lot longer lol!! Glad the beers going down well. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:30:35 AM »
That's really good for bags at the airport - normally a heck of a lot longer lol!! Glad the beers going down well. :)
It's all sounding good - can't wait!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
We've known it to take almost 2 hours at the airport to get our luggage.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »
I heard about that Jules, it took two hours for you to notice that you were at the wrong Carousel!! LOL

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »
Jules, please tell me you are joking!!!
Steve

don

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 11:50:53 PM »
That was the year she took BLACK cases so they would stand out on the Carousel... Only problem being she looked for red spotty ones!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 12:29:43 AM »
Sorry - no joke. Our flight just arrived in front of another flight. The unloaders started doing our flight and for some reason then started doing the other flight instead. It was a long wait.

Offline fillwr300

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
My bag and my gf's were the first 2 cases of the plane which is a first for us ,But we still had to sit on the bus and wait for others so it didnt really make much of a differance .

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 09:17:51 PM »
Sorry - no joke. Our flight just arrived in front of another flight. The unloaders started doing our flight and for some reason then started doing the other flight instead. It was a long wait.
Were you in the right part of the building Jules? not much luggage downstairs in the ladies!! Especially in front of the mirror!!

don

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »
Were you in the right part of the building Jules? not much luggage downstairs in the ladies!! Especially in front of the mirror!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Poor Jules.....Slumming it in front of a public mirror    .............Whee No Typo!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni