Author Topic: travellers cheques or cash  (Read 20304 times)

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: travellers cheques or cash
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »
I try to budget the expenses based on previous experience - ok, it's nerdy i know, but I can live with it  :D
[ being an auditor these things become habit] anyway...yes, this year has been very difficult,with reports of fresh orange juice being a fiver and meals for two of £50! but Ive based my budget on these area's
Taxi
Airport - mags -
Flight drinks
B'fast - we only eat out for b'fast on the day of return,b'fasts are cheap
Mornings - usually spent poolside,drinks
Lunch - salads in the apartment suit us fine,except if we're on an excursion where we need to eat out
AM - drinks and other misc,like umbrellas at beach
Evenings - roughly costed on two course meal - which can be reduced if necessary - for 3 adults + drinks
Excursions - based on local operator - SST in this case,who seems to have a good name

I know this exercise is not for everyone or that not all people need to consider a budget,but it seems to work ok for us - of course I take back up cards just in case, but you'll be surprised how much a holiday can come to by splitting it like this

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
I try to budget the expenses based on previous experience - ok, it's nerdy i know, but I can live with it  :D
[ being an auditor these things become habit] anyway...yes, this year has been very difficult,with reports of fresh orange juice being a fiver and meals for two of £50! but Ive based my budget on these area's
Taxi
Airport - mags -
Flight drinks
Lunch - salads in the apartment suit us fine,except if we're on an excursion where we need to eat out
Evenings - roughly costed on two course meal - which can be reduced if necessary - for 3 adults + drinks
Excursions - based on local operator - SST in this case,who seems to have a good name

I know this exercise is not for everyone or that not all people need to consider a budget,but it seems to work ok for us - of course I take back up cards just in case, but you'll be surprised how much a holiday can come to by splitting it like this

No wonder your outlook on life is a bundle of fun Zimmer - Auditors and Accountants - Scrooge by another name I recon' - Humbug!!! - I bet work is a bundle of fun!!  - you definately need a holiday!! LOL
- but you haven't given us a rough figure of what you think you can budget your holiday on??? so  - will you be taking £1000 or more or less? (3 x adults).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
Taxi
Airport - mags -
Flight drinks

No wonder your outlook on life is a bundle of fun Zimmer - Auditors and Accountants - Scrooge by another name I recon' - Humbug!!! - I bet work is a bundle of fun!!  - you definately need a holiday!! LOL
- but you haven't given us a rough figure of what you think you can budget your holiday on??? so  - will you be taking £1000 or more or less? (3 x adults).
Yes ..work is deadly dull and boring, I always wanted to be a lion tamer, I could do that, they dont look that ferocious to me , with their long snouts eating ants all day, but your right auditing is deadly dull...and boring..and oh so dull

don

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 08:45:50 PM »
I have been racking my brain to think of anywhere in San Stef that the 2 of us have paid €50 for a meal at and we normally go for a carafe of white and one of red washed down with a metaxa. This includes 2 mains and 2 starters. We have never paid that much in a DAY.
Average daily costs.... Breakfast Cereal..... with milk about €7  per week does two adults.

Lunch with a can of beer a snack in the room from the bakery €4 each day.

Evening meal for two with wine €30

Drinks at night 4/5 at €7 a round if on shorts €5 if on beer and wine (not in same glass) = €35 tops.

total for day €70 per day + daily paper €2

In all very cheap. At home £30 each on a meal out at night!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:53:14 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »
I have been racking my brain to think of anywhere in San Stef that the 2 of us have paid €50 for a meal at and we normally go for a carafe of white and one of red washed down with a metaxa. This includes 2 mains and 2 starters.
The only place for us that has come close is Olympia. On that occassion we had the most expensive main courses - can't remember what (I think we had steak main courses) but as usual it would have been lovely
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »
Congratulations to ZIMMER 200 today! Doesn't look a day older than 60!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
I have been racking my brain to think of anywhere in San Stef that the 2 of us have paid €50 for a meal at and we normally go for a carafe of white and one of red washed down with a metaxa. This includes 2 mains and 2 starters. We have never paid that much in a DAY.
Average daily costs.... Breakfast Cereal..... with milk about €7  per week does two adults.

Drinks at night 4/5 at €7 a round if on shorts €5 if on beer and wine (not in same glass) = €35 tops.

and for others - plus the beach beds!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 09:44:37 AM »

Around the €7 mark last year for 2 beachbeds and a parasol per day - not sure for this year
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:52:02 AM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »

I reckon your undervaluing the breakfasts and lunch and daytime drinks at the pool or at a taverna but, on your figures Don ,£70 div by 2 x 3 = £105 x 14 =1470 + taxis etc 100 = 1570 + excursions 400 = say £2000 for three at least + contingency misc , so around £2200 would be a "safe" amount for 3
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:59:57 AM by Zimmer »

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »

Around the €7 mark last year for 2 beachbeds and a parasol per day - not sure for this year
so thats about another 100 for 3 over say 10 beach visits

don

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »

so thats about another 100 for 3 over say 10 beach visits
Don't generally do the beach but a Lilo is a lot cheaper and only one payment!!!!!! Join the JOCKS!!!!!!

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »
Taxi
Airport - mags -
Flight drinks

Yes ..work is deadly dull and boring, I always wanted to be a lion tamer, I could do that, they dont look that ferocious to me , with their long snouts eating ants all day, but your right auditing is deadly dull...and boring..and oh so dull

My Mrs is an Accountant and she loves her job! she goes to a different Social Club every day, and sorts their Accounts out, it's sometimes exciting when money goes missing and perhaps one of the Committee is on the take! lol :o maybe it would be a whole lot different if she was stuck in the Office all day :-X

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:10 PM »
Already got €thousands............... For 3 weeks how much more????????????????????????
Great - the beers are on you all week then!!
Looks like it may be for your whole 2 weeks Tony you lucky boy. 8)
How do we get someone who is almost bandaged head to foot to get into his pocket to pay??

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »
Already got €thousands............... For 3 weeks how much more????????????????????????
How do we get someone who is almost bandaged head to foot to get into his pocket to pay??
Easy - you just rob him - he couldn't fight back lol!!

don

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 02:16:49 AM »
Easy - you just rob him - he couldn't fight back lol!!
But I've got a sword where you wouldn't expect one LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafιs and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni