Author Topic: return visits this year  (Read 11972 times)

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
return visits this year
« on: May 29, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »
Well, i have normally been to SS in May and September. This year we had the 2 weeks in May but due to unexpected holidays used earlier in year and finance concerns, we hdnt booked our return visit for Sept and were not looking forward to the prospect of not going bck this year - greedy i know.

However, just 4 days after being home, myself and mate Jo have now booked a week 18th - 25th September !!!!!  yippeeeeeee !!!! feel so relieved now !!!!

We thought, sod it, life its too short to worry about crap, and so just booked it !!!!

However, we always go with Portland and stay at Teresa BUT.......Sept prices this year are ridiculous and have not come down at all. That week was £414 with Portland - we have had to go up the hill with Thomas Cook to Kapetanios (£290).

We would prefer to stay at Tereza's but hey its 30 secs up the hill and we will still spend all our time down the road, so its not a problem.

Sarah H

Oh yeah and Don arrives the day we go home !!!!  Some may say that is good planning......but we will defo meet for a drink before we leave. x

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: return visits this year
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »
Well, i have normally been to SS in May and September. This year we had the 2 weeks in May but due to unexpected holidays used earlier in year and finance concerns, we hdnt booked our return visit for Sept and were not looking forward to the prospect of not going bck this year - greedy i know.

However, just 4 days after being home, myself and mate Jo have now booked a week 18th - 25th September !!!!!  yippeeeeeee !!!! feel so relieved now !!!!

We thought, sod it, life its too short to worry about crap, and so just booked it !!!!

However, we always go with Portland and stay at Teresa BUT.......Sept prices this year are ridiculous and have not come down at all. That week was £414 with Portland - we have had to go up the hill with Thomas Cook to Kapetanios (£290).

We would prefer to stay at Tereza's but hey its 30 secs up the hill and we will still spend all our time down the road, so its not a problem.

Sarah H

Oh yeah and Don arrives the day we go home !!!!  Some may say that is good planning......but we will defo meet for a drink before we leave. x
Great news Sarah - didn't think you would resist it. I have been watching the prices with Portland and they are ridiculously high now. If they stay at this level Roy and I will have to have a re think for next year. May even try going independent. Its a shame for the lads at Teresa because they would do very well going independent themselves and make a better profit than letting Portland grab it all.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »
very true, and as i have said earlier somewhere, concern in village that people wont be spending. well at those prices, they won't be full in september which means less people to spend in the bar.

Don't know if i should publicise this fact but am sure not out of line - the guys only get 6 euro per person per night, so they really do rely on people being in the bar / restaurant and the Greek night.

So Portland if you reading this.....SORT YOUR PRICES OUT !!!!!!!

Sarah H

don

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:46:38 PM »
Glad you could do it Sarah. Looking forward to meeting you too though only fleetingly. It does seem to be a  hobbit (sorry that's Chris),  habit of of ours. Last year we met Chris as he waited to be picked up for the airport.
We met Sally & Mick from Norwich in September after attending their wedding in June...In Corfu obviously! We  had just been called for the Manchester flight as they encountered passport control on the incoming Norwich flight. That was 5 minutes chatting through a crack in the glass!!
We will be meeting Gill this time as she waits for her homeward pick up!!

Looks like a rewrite of Brief Encounter!!!! LOL

don

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 10:48:07 PM »
very true, and as i have said earlier somewhere, concern in village that people wont be spending. well at those prices, they won't be full in september which means less people to spend in the bar.

Don't know if i should publicise this fact but am sure not out of line - the guys only get 6 euro per person per night, so they really do rely on people being in the bar / restaurant and the Greek night.

Sarah H

That's why we try to always travel independently........... We know we are putting a lot more into the Corfu economy!

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »
hi sarah h

i think don looks on here to see when he can book so he meets you as you are about to leave you buy him a drink and hey presto its time for you to go . ill get you one next time he says  as if  ;D ;D ;D

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:38:49 PM »

Sarah H
For all there hard work and great hospitality they deserve a whole lot more. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 01:23:01 AM »
Suspect prices thru' Portland and Thomson are remaining high because demand is still there. all holiday co.s cut back on capacity this year, so no need for them to offer low prices until absolutely necessary. It's basic economics i'm afraid. We're staying at Teresa for 2 weeks from 15th June until 29th, with Portland, paid £860 for 2 of us, on a B&B basis. Is that reasonable or expensive?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »
Suspect prices thru' Portland and Thomson are remaining high because demand is still there. all holiday co.s cut back on capacity this year, so no need for them to offer low prices until absolutely necessary. It's basic economics i'm afraid. We're staying at Teresa for 2 weeks from 15th June until 29th, with Portland, paid £860 for 2 of us, on a B&B basis. Is that reasonable or expensive?
Thats not to bad. When we booked for self catering at Teresa in April 2008 we got £720.00 for the 2 of us for end of August 2009.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:15:49 AM »
hi sarah h

i think don looks on here to see when he can book so he meets you as you are about to leave you buy him a drink and hey presto its time for you to go . ill get you one next time he says  as if  ;D ;D ;D

chris
Very perceptive Chris!!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 03:04:24 AM »
hi sarah h

chris
Very perceptive Chris!!!

Tony ............I hope you know Chris is only extracting the URINE LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 04:35:43 AM »
hi sarah h

chris
Very perceptive Chris!!!

Tony ............I hope you know Chris is only extracting the URINE LOL
No - really! - never would have guessed! - how could you Chris - !! (ps - truth hurts - LOL).

Offline missh

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
we are going with Thomas Cook and  paid for 2 weeks self catering in the Mythos £770 which included taxes ect I think thats quite good

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 12:07:42 AM »
we are going with Thomas Cook and  paid for 2 weeks self catering in the Mythos £770 which included taxes ect I think thats quite good
Very good price.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 04:41:24 AM »
We did well this year - independantly travelled, Easy jet and booked through Noula for the fairly new Theodosia Apts, next to the Olympia,
came in for two people at £680 all inc.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni