Author Topic: Taking Tecnology with you  (Read 21224 times)

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Tecnology with you
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 12:12:51 PM »
 If it wasn't for the "techy" stuff this forum wouldn't exist! Oh how we all loved deemacs post from SS to let us know what was happening there. Looking forward to posts from Tony and others while they're out there. Not as good as being there but the next best thing. Make it work for you.
CorfuCol

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »
If it wasn't for the "techy" stuff this forum wouldn't exist! Oh how we all loved deemacs post from SS to let us know what was happening there. Looking forward to posts from Tony and others while they're out there. Not as good as being there but the next best thing. Make it work for you.
Must admit it was great getting Deemacs reports on our favourite holiday resort. :) 8)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »
it was....average tbh :-* :D if he hadnt done it would you be less excited than you are now anyway?

Of course technology is important it's just, personally,  I dont feel the need to carry it around with me on my hols, that's all, I recognise other people have different needs and wishes
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:38:35 PM by Zimmer »

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 01:11:22 AM »
partner will bring lap top when he comes out to join me.... me , i have JUST (ie this weekend!) been given an ipod nano and now have to learn what the hell to do with it. I want to download loads of radio 4 afternoon plays and stuff as well as some music but yup I am definately a bit of a luddite!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 02:39:53 AM »
partner will bring lap top when he comes out to join me.... me , i have JUST (ie this weekend!) been given an ipod nano and now have to learn what the hell to do with it. I want to download loads of radio 4 afternoon plays and stuff as well as some music but yup I am definately a bit of a luddite!
Luddite? I thoughtthe Luddites were a social movement of British textile artisans in the early nineteenth century who protested—often by destroying mechanized looms—against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt were leaving them without work. This would be a bit like Zimmer,
who would destroy all the worlds computers - in fact everything except except his wind-up gramaphone - His Masters Voice rules!! LOL!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 03:48:24 AM »
Luddite? I thoughtthe Luddites were a social movement of British textile artisans in the early nineteenth century who protested—often by destroying mechanized looms—against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt were leaving them without work. This would be a bit like Zimmer,
who would destroy all the worlds computers - in fact everything except except his wind-up gramaphone - His Masters Voice rules!! LOL!!

Here endeth a short history lesson!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »

Well thats true,it's original reason has been usurped to mean other things and attitudes, lots of people like tattoo's it doesnt mean I should, and I dont consider not taking a laptop on holiday as diminishimg my enjoyment,I'm quite happy with the gramophone thanks :) and this Commodore 64

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 11:40:02 PM »
whay's a commodore ? I post on a spectrum.....

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 04:24:28 AM »

Well thats true,it's original reason has been usurped to mean other things and attitudes, lots of people like tattoo's it doesnt mean I should, and I dont consider not taking a laptop on holiday as diminishimg my enjoyment,I'm quite happy with the gramophone thanks :) and this Commodore 64

O M G - the last of the living Commodore 64's - (the Group was great by the way!!), You'll be installing electricity in to your house soon,
maybe an inside toilet that flushes, (toilet paper to replace the dock-leaves), running water, not from the well in your garden, even a gas supply to get rid of the woodburner!
I was an Atari Man - but went onto greater things!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 04:41:58 AM »

O M G - the last of the living Commodore 64's - (the Group was great by the way!!), You'll be installing electricity in to your house soon,
maybe an inside toilet that flushes, (toilet paper to replace the dock-leaves), running water, not from the well in your garden, even a gas supply to get rid of the woodburner!
I was an Atari Man - but went onto greater things!!
PS - Don't forget your Laptop!!
Perhaps we should map out the wifi hotspots

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 04:19:16 PM »
We are thinking of getting a notebook laptop thingy. Did you find it a a very useful item on holiday and also did you manage to find plenty of places with wiifi?
Which network did you use?

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
Hi JulesT

I bought one just before we went to SS and we found it really useful.

We stayed at the Teresa's and could pick up wifi there, plus hubby wuld take it to the Condor (when the heat got too much!), and could log on there. I think most places should be ok as corfu.net have a coverage even if the bar doesn't have it's own.

I know it is quite sad, but I do like to know what is going on in the world, plus you can keep an eye on this forum!!

Also, I could email work and keep rubbing it in as to how much of a wonderful time I was having. Must say their replies were not as friendly!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »
Hi Gillywoo. Thanks for that. We are staying at Teresa as usual and that is good to know. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 01:55:24 AM »
There are a few places that are Wifi dead zones as I found out, including our Apartments (Theodosia) unfortunately!!
I often used the Condor, Aquarios and a few outside spots including the beach - just to test it out!

zoe

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 05:17:39 PM »
just bought a netbook any advice would be great only just got the hang of the computer will take to san stef so we can email home to liam rather than phone

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni