Author Topic: first time visitor  (Read 39773 times)

don

Re: first time visitor
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 08:37:46 PM »
As usual the law will not suit everyone - but I hope everyone does abide by it. Don't want to see anyone getting fined or arrested or whatever the punishment may be.

It was lovely to see a Council Official in our city centre. A "lady" was smoking in the bus shelter so as is his duty he pointed out the illegality and promptly started to take the appropriate (legal) action. ""Lady" took objection to this and in a foul mouthed rage threw her ciggie to the floor. Boy was she pleased when she became the proud recipient of a ticket for littering the pavement.I believe the combined penalty came to £150.
The other great incident was a woman (why is it always women)  in our great city who took objection to the congregation of smokers who shared their poisonous fumes with her as she entered the pub. She  left the bar with a pint of beer went to the door and thanked the crowd for sharing their smoke. She offered to share her drink and emptied the beer all over them. She got done for assault. Fined £70 and a couple of hundred costs!
MAKES YOU THINK!!!   
Just for a change "through her ciggie"
Spellchecker in post Don.

Glad she got fined - how entertaining it was probably watching it all unfold as well. ;D

don

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 08:38:16 PM »
As usual the law will not suit everyone - but I hope everyone does abide by it. Don't want to see anyone getting fined or arrested or whatever the punishment may be.

It was lovely to see a Council Official in our city centre. A "lady" was smoking in the bus shelter so as is his duty he pointed out the illegality and promptly started to take the appropriate (legal) action. ""Lady" took objection to this and in a foul mouthed rage threw her ciggie to the floor. Boy was she pleased when she became the proud recipient of a ticket for littering the pavement.I believe the combined penalty came to £150.
The other great incident was a woman (why is it always women)  in our great city who took objection to the congregation of smokers who shared their poisonous fumes with her as she entered the pub. She  left the bar with a pint of beer went to the door and thanked the crowd for sharing their smoke. She offered to share her drink and emptied the beer all over them. She got done for assault. Fined £70 and a couple of hundred costs!
MAKES YOU THINK!!!   

Glad she got fined - how entertaining it was probably watching it all unfold as well. ;D
QUE??????????????

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:01 PM »

MAKES YOU THINK!!!   

QUE??????????????
You cheeky thing correcting it to make it look like I'm wrong lol!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »

MAKES YOU THINK!!!   

QUE??????????????
MOI really!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 07:38:33 AM »

MAKES YOU THINK!!!   

QUE??????????????
MOI really!!!!!

What did you expect from Don!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
thought it was about time i posted to say hi to everybody, been taking in all the info you guys [and girls]have been putting on this site since we booked our hol last October,coming out to San Stef on the 20th July for 2 weeks of relaxation!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »
thought it was about time i posted to say hi to everybody, been taking in all the info you guys [and girls]have been putting on this site since we booked our hol last October,coming out to San Stef on the 20th July for 2 weeks of relaxation!!!!!!!!!!
Well done - Hello and welcome!!
currently high temperatures for time of year out there - you will obviously enjoy it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 04:58:41 PM »
Welcome to the forums Bazza. Great choice of Resort for your Corfu holiday. As you can tell on here a lot of us are returnees every year so if you need to know anything just ask and someone will get back to you with an answer. Whereabouts are staying in SS?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 05:16:41 PM »
Welcome to the forums Bazza. Great choice of Resort for your Corfu holiday. As you can tell on here a lot of us are returnees every year so if you need to know anything just ask and someone will get back to you with an answer. Whereabouts are staying in SS?
Under your bed Jules........... Be very afraid  ::)  LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
Are you saying Bazza is scary - or is it you lol!!

Offline sumo

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 07:32:31 PM »
hi bazza,just like you we are san stef newbies.we travel out on aug31 and have found all the guys &girls info very helpful.hope you enjoy your holiday. 11 more weeks for us.

don

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »
Are you saying Bazza is scary - or is it you lol!!

I'll do anything for a fee free holiday!!! Ask Chrisno2!! 8)

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
just come in from the garden to stock up the fridge [again]with beer and seen your replies,staying at The Athina cause it looked a decent position for both pool and beach.ps i'm not very scary really.  ;)

don

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »
just come in from the garden to stock up the fridge [again]with beer and seen your replies,staying at The Athina cause it looked a decent position for both pool and beach.ps i'm not very scary really.  ;)

Just ignore us.................. On the other hand join in it's all fun but with informative interludes rising to the surface. Good choice of hotel both for the reasons you pointed out and also in being away from the road. You will enjoy it. 8)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »
Definitely a good position there at the Athina. Nice large pool as well.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni