Author Topic: Romanza advice please  (Read 12853 times)

Offline julie49

• View Profile
Romanza advice please
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
We are off to Romanza in a couple of weeks, I have a couple of questions.  We usually do SC so not sure what to expect on B&B. Were the towels ok or do we need to take some? Does the linen etc get changed often.  Do they provide toileteries and loo roll?  I know there is a fridge but what about glasses/mugs etc?  Will the restaurant on site accept credit cards?  As we arrive late 10.30 pm at least, will we be able to get anything to eat?  Thanks

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »
I doubt if the facilities for a B&B Apartment would be any different to a S/C one, besides your board will make no difference to the rooms or services. I would expect the Tavernas to be open way past 10.30, most Greeks dont have their evening meal until 10.00  ;)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:08 PM »
at 10.30  san stef is just waking up for the second shift of the evening. There wil be plenty of places to eat. enjoy!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:45:24 AM »
We are off to Romanza in a couple of weeks, I have a couple of questions.  We usually do SC so not sure what to expect on B&B. Were the towels ok or do we need to take some? Does the linen etc get changed often.  Do they provide toileteries and loo roll?  I know there is a fridge but what about glasses/mugs etc?  Will the restaurant on site accept credit cards?  As we arrive late 10.30 pm at least, will we be able to get anything to eat?  Thanks
Room Towels ok - take beach & pool towels!
Sheets / Towels changed twice a week usually in Corfu.
Take your own toileteries and buy loo paper when the roll runs out - but check there first before you buy a new roll.
Usually supply plates, glasses, knives and forks spoons etc. Cups/mugs and all basic equipment.
Most places accept cards, but check first, best to take cash as no possible charges!!
is that 10.30 pm in resort, allow a good 1hr 30mins - to -2 hours from landing to resort!
Not everywhere will continue to cook after 11.00 - 11.30pm, but someone usually will!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 11:34:50 PM »
we drove passed romanzas i had forgoten how far up the hill it  is my advice for anyone going to stay there  is behind thomas bay hotel is a donkey see if you can hire it for your holiday it will save your feet

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 12:14:47 AM »
we drove passed romanzas i had forgoten how far up the hill it  is my advice for anyone going to stay there  is behind thomas bay hotel is a donkey see if you can hire it for your holiday it will save your feet
I am so horrified that you said that - the Donkey is called Roy!! How could anyone load him up so much!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 01:14:41 AM »
I am so horrified that you said that - the Donkey is called Roy!! How could anyone load him up so much!!
Poor Donkey. I won't bother it even if the hill is harder to manage this year!!!! I'll just nab a piggy back off Roy lol!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »
Poor Donkey. I won't bother it even if the hill is harder to manage this year!!!! I'll just nab a piggy back off Roy lol!! ;)
Poor Roy just can't win!! LOL

don

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »
Romanza by name Romantic by nature............... Referring to Roy as Donkey (possibly LOL) and Piggy doesn't seem romantic to my way of thinking... LAY OFF ROY he's a good bloke!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »
Romanza by name Romantic by nature............... Referring to Roy as Donkey (possibly LOL) and Piggy doesn't seem romantic to my way of thinking... LAY OFF ROY he's a good bloke!
Lay on or Lay off - LOL

don

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
we drove passed romanzas i had forgoten how far up the hill it  is my advice for anyone going to stay there  is behind thomas bay hotel is a donkey see if you can hire it for your holiday it will save your feet
Lay on or Lay off - LOL
................Can just hear Quo " Roll over lay down"

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 03:36:32 AM »
we drove passed romanzas i had forgoten how far up the hill it  is my advice for anyone going to stay there  is behind thomas bay hotel is a donkey see if you can hire it for your holiday it will save your feet
Lay on or Lay off - LOL
Would that be - "Under the influence"? or because they were Rockin' all over the World?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 09:46:50 AM »
Lay on or Lay off - LOL
Would that be - "Under the influence"? or because they were Rockin' all over the World?
I think Don has truly rocked all over the world  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Lay on or Lay off - LOL
I think Don has truly rocked all over the world  :)
Yes - ever noticed - he has the "look" of Francis Rossi - just needs a pony tail now!!! LOL

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »

Bed and breakfast is help yourself consists of: boiled eggs, bread, toast, cerials, cake, jam, orange juice and as much tea and coffee that you can drink .  Bath and hand towels are provided and are changed regularly, if you want them changed more frequently, leave them on the floor.  Fridge and 2 glasses are provided, the restaurant takes credit cards and does not impose a 2% fee (as some others do).  You should be able to get something to eat at 10.30pm, ask for Andreas or Marina.  If you've not been before, this is a superb hotel with the friendliest staff you could ever wish to meet.  make sure you go to the BBQ night on Sundays, super fun.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni