Author Topic: Banter!!!  (Read 19626 times)

don

Banter!!!
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
Would love to know if we are bats, prats or OK!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Banter!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:09:20 PM »
I think it is the best site as other sites don't permit the level of banter we have on here. It is all just pure fun and no malice is ever meant to anyone. It does also beat some tv.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline deemac

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »
I reckon the first option is mis-spelt and should read "insane"!
deemac

zoe

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »
on one site i have looked at you had to get the ok to put anything on there whots the fun in that i have never been on a site were you get all tha info you need and have a good laugh at the same time

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »
on one site i have looked at you had to get the ok to put anything on there whots the fun in that i have never been on a site were you get all tha info you need and have a good laugh at the same time
Exactly Zoe. This way you get to know as well if anyone is the sort of person you would like to meet up with on holiday as well. Just as some of us have in the past and will still do in the future. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »
Have to admit there are some very knowledgeable but FUN people on here!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:08:59 PM »
As an extremely shy and retiring person who has not met anyone on here in the flesh  and is aware that lots of you know each other really well....I would say that i feel  terribly intimidated if i could spell it. (But i am struggling really hard to begin to engage in banter!!! I am sure that someone will let me know if i am being successful! i think don and tony should write an information leaflet for th einduction pof new members)   tee hee!

Offline bobthebuilder

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »
I think it's great to meet the people we talk to on here in san stef 8)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
As an extremely shy and retiring person who has not met anyone on here in the flesh  and is aware that lots of you know each other really well....I would say that i feel  terribly intimidated if i could spell it. (But i am struggling really hard to begin to engage in banter!!! I am sure that someone will let me know if i am being successful! i think don and tony should write an information leaflet for th einduction pof new members)   tee hee!
Hi Streesed I would say you are doing remarkedly well. :) Keep it up. As you can tell almost anything goes. ;)

don

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:12 PM »
Stressed............ Just couldn't imagine this old site without you...... Bobthebuilder disappeared for a while and was missed. It's good to see him back.

Knowing people........ All that I know we have met are:-
Suela and her husband John. We saw them for a week in 2007 then 4 days in 2008. Just very upset we won't see them this year.
JulesTand her husband Roy we met for a week in 2007. Unfortunately as they flew into Corfu last year we flew out. Will have to plan to meet again.
SnappyCathy and her husband Robert we met in passing in 2007 and met up with them for a barbecue last year!
Justine I would never have met if i hadn't forgotten my glasses, couldn't see what was on my plate! She, her partner and little one were going back to their apartment with a takeaway pizza. Only by coincidence did we meet and that for all of 30 seconds.
Chrisno2 just long enough for him to gat a round in and me to scarper. Well that's how he tells it. Sounds better than we'd dumped our cases on arrival and literally ran to meet him just as his
departure was due.
JUDE & STEVE Probably the first people we'd met from a forum. We'd been there since lunch and were in BAR38 having a slow cool refreshing one. Saw someone frantically waving from a coach. Next night we were having a slow cool refreshing one on the Thomas Bay verandah when they came and introduced themselves. That was June 2007. We saw them again in August 2007 and then again twice last year. Really hope to see them again this year.
Paulene Dean just in passing a couple of nights, same with Tony Sexton & Family.

Anyone I've missed I apologise!!!!

Very strangely, I love meeting people on holiday while at home I love sitting quietly in the bacground watching others. I totally blame San Stefanos it took over both my mind and soul when it stole my heart. Anyone who loves it as we do become our family!             What a soppy sod!!! :'(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:10:45 PM by don »

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:43:51 PM »
that's an awful lot of people you have met there don!
I met joan last year and her husband derek but apart from that i know nobody.... but i do feel that i know lots of people on here a little if you get my drift! I do think its quite difficult sometimes posting things when people can't read your facial expressions.
I am enjoying being here though! and am becoming more and more addicted.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 11:46:21 PM »
Stressed............ Just couldn't imagine this old site without you...... Bobthebuilder disappeared for a while and was missed. It's good to see him back.

Knowing people........ All that I know we have met are:-
Suela and her husband John. We saw them for a week in 2007 then 4 days in 2008. Just very upset we won't see them this year.
JulesTand her husband Roy we met for a week in 2007. Unfortunately as they flew into Corfu last year we flew out. Will have to plan to meet again.
SnappyCathy and her husband Robert we met in passing in 2007 and met up with them for a barbecue last year!
Justine I would never have met if i hadn't forgotten my glasses, couldn't see what was on my plate! She, her partner and little one were going back to their apartment with a takeaway pizza. Only by coincidence did we meet and that for all of 30 seconds.
Chrisno2 just long enough for him to gat a round in and me to scarper. Well that's how he tells it. Sounds better than we'd dumped our cases on arrival and literally ran to meet him just as his
departure was due.
Paulene Dean just in passing a couple of nights, same with Tony Sexton & Family.

Anyone I've missed I apologise!!!!

Very strangely, I love meeting people on holiday while at home I love sitting quietly in the bacground watching others. I totally blame San Stefanos it took over both my mind and soul when it stole my heart. Anyone who loves it as we do become our family!             What a soppy sod!!! :'(

You forgot Judith and Steve

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
We have met Don and Sandra, Suela and John, Judith (Judste) and Steve, Strogs and Martin and Sarah H
Hi Sarah if you are reading this in SS -hope you are having a great time.

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
Hello Everybody
I'm new on here and we fly out to SS on June 5th. It's great reading all your comments and tips. From all the banter that goes on I seem to have a picture in my mind of what you all look like (I'm sure nothing what your really like!! ;D).
The thing that troubles me is i'm not sure where I fit in; I smoke and you all hate that!, I wear football/rugby shirts (Only on the beach or when a games on) and you don't like that either.
Oh maybe it's the pure relaxation, easy living, Good food and cold beer I look for on a good holiday that puts me in the frame :D

P.S I can't comment on Sidari as i've never been but Falaraki was good 10 years ago!!!! ;)

Tony, I used to live in Harlington (The posh end of Hayes!!! ;))

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »
Hi Cockney
You smoke? that's your choice mate,(I used to) Rugby/football shirts? why not? I was proud to wear my Newcastle Utd shirt one year, live and let live, that's what I say, you won't get any hassel from the Guys and Gals on this site  ;D I'm sure that Don will have a go though!  :P :P he's a pussycat really, I figured that one out for myself!  ;) good to see you here  8)
Colin

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni