Author Topic: Villa / boutique style hotel in San Stefanos  (Read 81187 times)

Offline Geoggy

• View Profile
Villa / boutique style hotel in San Stefanos
« on: April 14, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »
Hi there,

Never been to Corfu before (Creteophile here - but always fancied Corfu since reading My Fmaily and Other animals at school  :))

I think we've settled on San Stefanos as the resort of choice.

I am used to a village called Koutouloufari on Crete - which is small and friendly and has great tavernas - please tell me San Stafanos is similar?! It sounds it!

Anyway, we tried to book into Delfino Blu and surprise surprise its full - they have recommended some new apartments, which are similar quality, but I wondered what reccommendations you guys might have?

We have left it a bit late to book - looking for a week from 27th July - something like Delfino Blu or a private Villa - budget £2K max for one week.

Help!

Efkharisto!

G

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Villa / boutique style hotel in San Stefanos
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »
Hi there,

Never been to Corfu before (Creteophile here - but always fancied Corfu since reading My Fmaily and Other animals at school  :))

I think we've settled on San Stefanos as the resort of choice.

I am used to a village called Koutouloufari on Crete - which is small and friendly and has great tavernas - please tell me San Stafanos is similar?! It sounds it!

Anyway, we tried to book into Delfino Blu and surprise surprise its full - they have recommended some new apartments, which are similar quality, but I wondered what reccommendations you guys might have?

We have left it a bit late to book - looking for a week from 27th July - something like Delfino Blu or a private Villa - budget £2K max for one week.

Help!

Efkharisto!

G
Welcome to the forums

How many people are you looking to book for as there are lots of apartments and also some hotels and villas?
As for being small and friendly with lots of tavernas that does sound like San Stefanos that we all visit year in year out.
What other apartments have been recommended to you?

:)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Geoggy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »
hi there - sorry should have said its just for 2 of us - first holiday together without kids - so looking for something a bit special!

haven't got a name of the other apartments - they aren't open yet - all i know is they are 5 minutes walk away from delfino blu and the are 200 euros a night - which seems a bit steep to me!

do you know of any small villa's with a private pool? or a really nice hotel like delfino blu?

EDIT : i think this is them;

http://www.san-stefano.gr/sugar_almond.php
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:39:06 PM by Geoggy »

Offline Mikeatew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »
Don't think there is anything quite so up-market as Delphino's!  The best hotel (probably) is Athina but this is half-board and I gather the food isn't spectacular.  Very nice B & B is Romanza, a little way up a steepish hill norther of San Stef. Anywhere else is adequate and I can't speak highly enough of the village - it just feels good!!  I've been to Crete too but come back to SS everytime - there again next month.
Mike T

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:12:04 AM »
The Little Prince now ahve a penthouse suite - don't know what its like but here is there link
http://www.thelittleprince.gr/page007.html
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »
Villa Qietude is supposed to be very nice. Here is one link for it
http://www.corfunet.com/accommodation/index.php

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »
Another link here for Quitude with Corfu Escape
http://www.corfuescape.com/accommodation/quietude_hotel.html

zoe

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:26:17 AM »
hi just about to put corfunet .com and jules came up with this one great minds think alike also ownersdirect.co.uk but watch out as there are a few for the san stefanos on the other side of the island not the north west side that we are all going to

Offline Geoggy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:55 AM »
thanks for the help all - especially jules - unfortunately the villa - which looks perfect - is booked.

i am going to look at alternatives - and if we do decide on san stef it will be a cheap and cheerful job - in which case i'll use this forum to pick the best apartments - was quoted 630 with flights each for the hotel athina by thomson - which doesnt seem to bad - but i would be eating out every night so idealy going to look for a b&b

thanks again

joan

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
hi there - sorry should have said its just for 2 of us - first holiday together without kids - so looking for something a bit special!

haven't got a name of the other apartments - they aren't open yet - all i know is they are 5 minutes walk away from delfino blu and the are 200 euros a night - which seems a bit steep to me!

do you know of any small villa's with a private pool? or a really nice hotel like delfino blu?

EDIT : i think this is them;

http://www.san-stefano.gr/sugar_almond.php

The Sugar and Almond appartments are on Cardiac  Hill just in front of the Dimitra,they are superb they have huge windows, the panoramic views are spectacular   and the interiors are as described- up to date kitchens the tiling is ultra modern not your usual. These are very upmarket designed for all year use and the family want them ready for this season.

Offline Geoggy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »
thanks joan, do you have the details of the family so i can book direct? how far up the hill are they? dont like the sound of a hill described as "cardiac" !!

being quoted vastly differing rates from various travel companies - noula at san stefan travel ( asrecommended on here) has not replied to my email and is not answering her phone.

thanks

don

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 09:21:34 PM »
thanks joan, do you have the details of the family so i can book direct? how far up the hill are they? dont like the sound of a hill described as "cardiac" !!

being quoted vastly differing rates from various travel companies - noula at san stefan travel ( asrecommended on here) has not replied to my email and is not answering her phone.

thanks

You could always try through Noula at San Stef Travel for Margaritas apartments. They look brilliant and are stuck between  the beach and a supermarket.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 04:14:34 AM »

thanks
Hi don't give up on Noula, she is away for most of the week, but will answer emails - usually within a couple of days right now.
She took 3 days to answer my last one.
She has some very nice apartments without a pool, (upmarket), right on the beach.
Don't worry about a pool - every pool welcomes all to use it - not like most resorts - just buy a drink there during the day!!
We use most of the pools if we want a change from the fantastic beach.
The Athena is a nice hotel, food so-so, but eating out in the evenings is part of the fun here, some of their meals will appeal.
Best pool in the resort!! Right on the beach.
Lots of apartments to choose from - just check location before you book.

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »
Although using pools at any place is free you are not supposed to eat food you bring with you or drinks. Any food or drinks must be bought there.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 01:39:39 AM »
Although using pools at any place is free you are not supposed to eat food you bring with you or drinks. Any food or drinks must be bought there.
I would hope that no-one would have the front to do that!! - but some have no common sense!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni