Author Topic: Euro rate in 2009  (Read 120506 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Euro rate in 2009
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »
Pound still making a comeback against the euro - up a cent today. Hopefully the BoE won't say anything to knock it down in the next 2 weeks and then it'll be NW flexaccount card in the hole in the wall.
 Every little helps.
On Crown at the moment for when we go its €1.17. Will see if it goes a bit better and then buy some.
I expect theres a bloke down the pub who sells euro's for half price, same serial no. though - LOL
And of course Gordon is printing loads-a-money, maybe theres some spare!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2009, 12:24:06 AM »
A friend of mine has read today that the euro might peak in the next few weeks at €1.25. If it does we will buy then.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2009, 07:50:06 AM »
A friend of mine has read today that the euro might peak in the next few weeks at €1.25. If it does we will buy then.
I heard that too, !!
and it needs to!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2009, 09:42:29 AM »
I heard that too, !!
and it needs to!!
If it does at least it will be better than last year when we got about €1.20. If the prices have stayed relatively the same in the village it won't be so bad after all.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »
I heard that too, !!
and it needs to!!
If it does at least it will be better than last year when we got about €1.20. If the prices have stayed relatively the same in the village it won't be so bad after all.
The word on tv is it will be about a month to get there!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »
I heard that too, !!
and it needs to!!
The word on tv is it will be about a month to get there!
Just in time for you Tony if you haven't already got them by then.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »
Paper talk. Prob the Daily Express. They usually have headlines like "Pound soars"....but in reality goes up about 0.5cents against £. In winter "Blizzards for whole of winter". Forget it.
Pound/euro will stay around 1.11 for next month or so. Don't ever believe "i've just read...." No one knows; just like no analyst predicted financial meltdown last year.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2009, 01:48:43 AM »
Paper talk. Prob the Daily Express. They usually have headlines like "Pound soars"....but in reality goes up about 0.5cents against £. In winter "Blizzards for whole of winter". Forget it.
Pound/euro will stay around 1.11 for next month or so. Don't ever believe "i've just read...." No one knows; just like no analyst predicted financial meltdown last year.
We can only hope!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2009, 04:29:09 AM »
No - I will go with the flow and buy last minute as usual!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »
We usually buy about a week before but this year might have to be different if the rate does go up to €1.25.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2009, 12:16:48 AM »
We usually buy about a week before but this year might have to be different if the rate does go up to €1.25.
I will remain pesermistic - then happy if/when it goes up!

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
Aaaargh...thanks to McBroon and all the infighting with the damned incompetent labour party, the pound has dropped like a stone against the euro. Lost 1.25 euros on Thursday alone :(
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

don

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
Pound still making a comeback against the euro - up a cent today. Hopefully the BoE won't say anything to knock it down in the next 2 weeks and then it'll be NW flexaccount card in the hole in the wall.
 Every little helps.
On Crown at the moment for when we go its €1.17. Will see if it goes a bit better and then buy some.
I expect theres a bloke down the pub who sells euro's for half price, same serial no. though - LOL
And of course Gordon is printing loads-a-money, maybe theres some spare!!

Great to see Gordon's got Browned off with politics, given it up, and returned to plastering!!!!!! 

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »

A week ago today i wrote this. anyone going in next month should've got euros in last week. C'mon all, i reckon most of you are my age or older! Labour in power normally equals economic crisis at some point! Crisis normally means 'run on the £'!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2009, 01:56:40 AM »

A week ago today i wrote this. anyone going in next month should've got euros in last week. C'mon all, i reckon most of you are my age or older! Labour in power normally equals economic crisis at some point! Crisis normally means 'run on the £'!
Labour is getting to be a dirty word these days! Especially when it costs us so much!!
I won't worry about the exchange rate, unless it goes up to around €1.30 again - it's simply going to be expensive this year!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni