Author Topic: Euro rate in 2009  (Read 120510 times)

zoe

Re: Euro rate in 2009
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »
after the comment to tony (last minute hitches) he has been on the naughty chair all weekend  ::)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2009, 05:25:14 AM »
after the comment to tony (last minute hitches) he has been on the naughty chair all weekend  ::)
My Naughty chair vibrates ;D :D ::)
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:16 AM »
Lowers the Tone again!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
roy says can he have a chair like tonys ?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:55 PM »
I beleive they did sell something like that in Debenhams - not that I have got one mind you lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
I beleive they did sell something like that in Debenhams - not that I have got one mind you lol!!!!
Can't you just imagine Jules in the chair, riding it like Annie Oakley, shouting wahhhhaaaaaaaaayyyyyy yesssssssssss!! LOL

zoe

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2009, 06:56:38 PM »
are you sure jules ::)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2009, 09:29:45 PM »
keeping fingers etc crossed that it gets better still. Listening to radio programme yesterday that suggested you change some now while its ok ish and then risk whatever its like just before you go.
It really is difficult this time to know what to do.
We decided to risk it and buy at Travelex at the airport - as Linda gets it commission free (job-perk)!!
Tony, never buy currency from Travelex at any British airport; worst exchange rates bar none, unless your wife gets it at a non-tourist rate! Travelex online is a different matter - one of the most competitive. ICE (International Currency Exchange) and Post Office online also competitive and all commission free.

zoe

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »
just phoned to inform credit card firm we will be in corfu just in case we need to use it and told there are 2 charges adding up to just under 6%  good job we always take cash so best if you check the rate with your bank to see the rate you will be charged seems thats how they are trying to claw the money back they lost

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »
keeping fingers etc crossed that it gets better still. Listening to radio programme yesterday that suggested you change some now while its ok ish and then risk whatever its like just before you go.
It really is difficult this time to know what to do.
We decided to risk it and buy at Travelex at the airport - as Linda gets it commission free (job-perk)!!
Tony, never buy currency from Travelex at any British airport; worst exchange rates bar none, unless your wife gets it at a non-tourist rate! Travelex online is a different matter - one of the most competitive. ICE (International Currency Exchange) and Post Office online also competitive and all commission free.
Ok - funnily enough she has to travel to Bristol Airport to set up mystery shoppers for it, on Friday.
She will then fly to Scotland to sort out another Airport and return to heathrow,
so I'll get her to check out the exchange rates at travelex boothes against the post office etc.
But from my experience, we always got a better rate in Corfu!

zoe

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »
tell linda i can be her mystery shopper its the thing i do best shame its not the 5th june we could have seen her up there the duty free will be my first port of call (perfume)

Offline hendrix46

• SanStef Hero
  • Sooner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2009, 05:37:49 PM »
 Pound still making a comeback against the euro - up a cent today. Hopefully the BoE won't say anything to knock it down in the next 2 weeks and then it'll be NW flexaccount card in the hole in the wall.
 Every little helps.
CorfuCol

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
tell linda i can be her mystery shopper its the thing i do best shame its not the 5th june we could have seen her up there the duty free will be my first port of call (perfume)
Maybe you can!! You shop and get paid for it!!
She hires part-time mystery shoppers - to do all the Duty free shops and associates in most airports,
even our daughter does it 12 hours a week inc. doing the reports!!

don

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2009, 11:09:51 PM »
Lowers the Tone again!!
Yes but you can't get any lower than Tone!!! :P

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2009, 12:46:10 AM »
Pound still making a comeback against the euro - up a cent today. Hopefully the BoE won't say anything to knock it down in the next 2 weeks and then it'll be NW flexaccount card in the hole in the wall.
 Every little helps.
On Crown at the moment for when we go its €1.17. Will see if it goes a bit better and then buy some.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni