Author Topic: Euro rate in 2009  (Read 120503 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Euro rate in 2009
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2009, 11:40:04 AM »
Yes Sir, we spent an extra £100 in May doing the same as we did in 2008. Bristle Boy hits nail on head, yes every labour 'government' leaves a monumental financial crisis, and the longer these clowns hang on the worse it will get. Shame, we deserve better.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

don

« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »
Yes Sir, we spent an extra £100 in May doing the same as we did in 2008. Bristle Boy hits nail on head, yes every labour 'government' leaves a monumental financial crisis, and the longer these clowns hang on the worse it will get. Shame, we deserve better.

You get what you votes for!!! Labour spokesperson.
On subject.................... Got €1.11 today !!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »
yeah like an Eton Millionaire

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »
No class war in our house. If he can sort the nation's finances out (prob take 2 terms, at least) that'll be just fine.

On topic....if the cash machine isn't working at thomas bay i presume we're stuffed for more euros, unless we leave village. Are there any exchange places in SS? reckon exchange rate will hover around 1.10/£ for a couple of weeks at least.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
No class war in our house. If he can sort the nation's finances out (prob take 2 terms, at least) that'll be just fine.

On topic....if the cash machine isn't working at thomas bay i presume we're stuffed for more euros, unless we leave village. Are there any exchange places in SS? reckon exchange rate will hover around 1.10/£ for a couple of weeks at least.

Not sure about using cards to get money from local shops or hotels etc  - only cash machines. Next nearest one is Arillas or Avliotes Village depending if you want to walk there or not. Certainly the SS one sounds as unreliable as it was last year.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2009, 12:00:19 AM »

We tend to take cash and trust to safety deposit boxes. Available free in Sidari Travel/Kappa Office.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:05 AM »

We tend to take cash and trust to safety deposit boxes. Available free in Sidari Travel/Kappa Office.
Yes us too - cash and safety deposits!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2009, 02:52:59 AM »

I suppose as well with the exchange rate being rubbish the last thing you want to be doing is having to pay to cash your cheques as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2009, 04:00:36 AM »

I suppose as well with the exchange rate being rubbish the last thing you want to be doing is having to pay to cash your cheques as well.

Just can't be bothered to mess about, not for some years now!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:56 AM »

Same here as well. Did take cheques for the first few years but then as you get to know the place you realise you don't really need to.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2009, 08:01:30 PM »

Same here as well. Did take cheques for the first few years but then as you get to know the place you realise you don't really need to.
Splash the cash! - it's "Loads-a-money"!!

don

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »
Changed £500 @€1.09 then £500 @ €1.11.................. Saves all the fuss of changing money!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2009, 11:12:51 PM »
Rate €1.09 at Tesco today. I think you get clubcard points as well

don

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2009, 11:28:14 PM »

That's good if you're a Caveman!!!! Have you told Tony?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2009, 06:41:07 AM »

That's good if you're a Caveman!!!! Have you told Tony?
DON!! Thats bad! ''CLUB''-card, it means I gat an extra 1000 points every time I club Jules on the "Bonce"!!
Maybe she'll sing her latest recording and gyrate!!
B-onc-e!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni