Author Topic: How many days?  (Read 112099 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: How many days?
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
I asume this is your first SS visit this year lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »
It'll make a change from the Canaries. Been to 3 of them in the last 4 months! Roll on June 26th & September 25th.............. Still working on August !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2009, 05:01:58 AM »
It'll make a change from the Canaries. Been to 3 of them in the last 4 months! Roll on June 26th & September 25th.............. Still working on August !
Ahhhhh!!, how you suffer Don!!
meanwhile, I am halfway through the purgatory of having the new Bathroom installed.
Went through two days of having to strip-wash at the kitchen sink - not my idea of fun!! Then the plumbing leaked Sat night - - Aaarrrg!
Hit problems as well - bought a 4 way diverter valve, the diverter  "holes" & channels inside it are so small that I have no water pressure.
now having to re-design and plumb in 3 x shower mixer valves instead -
1 for overhead fixed shower head, 1 for hand-held shower, 1 for bath filler. My spend so far is about £2500 on parts, now
Linda wants "Galaxy" floor tiles 10 sq.metres - cost around £840, and then we need around 23sq.metres of quality wall tiles.
Also have to pay the guy doing it!! I said it would have been cheaper to fly no-frills-air to Tenerife daily - just to buy Don a beer!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »
meanwhile, I am halfway through the purgatory of having the new Bathroom installed.
Went through two days of having to strip-wash at the kitchen sink - not my idea of fun!! Then the plumbing leaked Sat night - - Aaarrrg!
Hit problems as well - bought a 4 way diverter valve, the diverter  "holes" & channels inside it are so small that I have no water pressure.
1 for overhead fixed shower head, 1 for hand-held shower, 1 for bath filler. My spend so far is about £2500 on parts, now
Linda wants "Galaxy" floor tiles 10 sq.metres - cost around £840, and then we need around 23sq.metres of quality wall tiles.
Also have to pay the guy doing it!! I said it would have been cheaper to fly no-frills-air to Tenerife daily - just to buy Don a beer!!

Any idea how to fix an up and over garage door? Cable snapped, Spring broke. Weight on floor! Me and DIY do not go together!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2009, 01:38:11 AM »

Any idea how to fix an up and over garage door? Cable snapped, Spring broke. Weight on floor! Me and DIY do not go together!
I always thought an up and over was something from the Karma Sutra!!
Sorry mate - never even looked at one - my garage doors are normal double doors on hinges!!
Anyway;
going back to the tiles - I found a company in slough today, Domostone, cheapest I could find on the net.
It turns out that Linda didn't want the star Galaxy Granite Tiles, because they have a gold fleck.
The ones with a silver fleck are called cosmos Galaxy - not currently in production because the mine in Italy is closed as unstable.
Then we find out that what she saw was actually a man made product, even more expensive than the galaxy stuff.
It is called Black (many colours) Mirror Quartz tiles, made from crystal Quartz and mirror bits.
I did a quick internet check again and 10 sq/metres for me was between £1400 and £569,
depending where you buy the same product from. So I drove to slough this morning and bought them at the best price.
Just shows the mark-up some crooks put on products!!
They also did the Galaxy tiles for me at £346 while the same from Topps tiles was £840 on special discount!!

So by shopping around for everything my costs have been approx £2700 plus labour and I have saved at least £2000
on the quality items I bought. Price of a good Holiday I'd say!!  - - -with change!!

don

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2009, 02:28:12 AM »

Sorry mate - never even looked at one - my garage doors are normal double doors on hinges!!
Anyway;
going back to the tiles - I found a company in slough today, Domostone, cheapest I could find on the net.
It turns out that Linda didn't want the star Galaxy Granite Tiles, because they have a gold fleck.
The ones with a silver fleck are called cosmos Galaxy - not currently in production because the mine in Italy is closed as unstable.
Then we find out that what she saw was actually a man made product, even more expensive than the galaxy stuff.
It is called Black (many colours) Mirror Quartz tiles, made from crystal Quartz and mirror bits.
I did a quick internet check again and 10 sq/metres for me was between £1400 and £569,
depending where you buy the same product from. So I drove to slough this morning and bought them at the best price.
They also did the Galaxy tiles for me at £346 while the same from Topps tiles was £840 on special discount!!

So by shopping around for everything my costs have been approx £2700 plus labour and I have saved at least £2000
on the quality items I bought. Price of a good Holiday I'd say!!  - - -with change!!

Have you a smidgeon of SCOT in you?

don

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »

Anyway;

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »

Anyway;

Wow Don less than 100 now and into double figures. Doesn't the time go quicker than any of us really thinks it does. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2009, 01:25:35 AM »

Anyway;

Wow Don less than 100 now and into double figures. Doesn't the time go quicker than any of us really thinks it does. :)
Yes!! - well sussed out!! - I am afraid I do have a little Scottish in the bloodlines - eminating from the Aberdeen area of wee Bonnie Scotland,
I try to keep it quiet though, or you will find Don & I, marching along the main street playing Bagpipes!!
But lets put it this way - I support England as a first! (especially the Rugby).

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »

Anyway;

Yes!! - well sussed out!! - I am afraid I do have a little Scottish in the bloodlines - eminating from the Aberdeen area of wee Bonnie Scotland,
I try to keep it quiet though, or you will find Don & I, marching along the main street playing Bagpipes!!
But lets put it this way - I support England as a first! (especially the Rugby).
I suppose someone has to lol!!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2009, 01:46:49 AM »

Anyway;

Hi Jules - you must have some "Viper! in your bloodlines - 'cos that hurt!! LOL
PS.   = = = = = =     
       106 to go
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:50:57 AM by tonyco1 »

don

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2009, 02:23:19 AM »

Anyway;

PS.   = = = = = =     
       106 to go

98 And FLOWER OF SCOTLAND please lady & gentleman LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2009, 02:34:10 AM »
  Opps!! Only 105 to go - mis calculation - could've mised the flight!! 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2009, 09:54:19 AM »

Only 161 days to go If only it was less lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »

Anyway;

PS.   = = = = = =     
       106 to go
Just much prefer the football Tony - I take it you don't. Also love the 20/20 and 40/40 cricket in the Summer - very exciting.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni